Trust Me- 2019 Halloween Fiction

By Shiba Gunichi, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Featuring Tadaka and Kuni Yori!

This is an excellent read, at least for me. Oh, Tadaka.

The Master of Earth is the master of digging himself deeper.

Tadaka! Not so lost in certainty that he cannot see the cost. If anything will get him through what’s coming next without going all-in on selling himself out, it’ll be that origami dog.

Something about the pavement on the road to Jigoku...

You guys seem to have so little faith in Kuni Yori. Crab life is all about sacrifices for the greater good. After all, the ends justifies the means to Yori...

I bet that monster tongue is totally the protection talisman that he claims it to be and not at all a "well, from a certain point of view I was telling the truth"...

Spoilers maybe he shouldn't trust him.

That was good.

This fic has sold Yori to me as a character.

45 minutes ago, phillos said:

Spoilers maybe he shouldn't trust him.

Well twirling fu manchu moustache "totally not a super villain" man and hole in the face "consorting with powers that demand flesh as sacrifice" guy do seem like they deserve each other. Terrible for everyone else of course but they seem like two peas in a pod at the moment.

People are just being paranoid. I’m certain that there is absolutely nothing untoward about a fine upstanding kuge like Yori pressuring an upright and compassionate man into cruelty, betrayal, and moral degredation. It’s fine! It’s fine.

Tears for Tazu TT

4 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Something about the pavement on the road to Jigoku...

You, sir, understand.

7 hours ago, Lindhrive said:

People are just being paranoid. I’m certain that there is absolutely nothing untoward about a fine upstanding kuge like Yori pressuring an upright and compassionate man into cruelty, betrayal, and moral degredation. It’s fine! It’s fine.

Lucky for Yori, Tadaka was there instead.

Two members of the "We're totally not evil" super-squad on the way to the Hiruma lands...…….two others on the run from the Capital...………..Junzo, ready and waiting to take revenge for Shoju's inevitable downfall...………..

Tick-tock Rokugan. The countdown to Armageddon has begun.

7 hours ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Two members of the "We're totally not evil" super-squad on the way to the Hiruma lands...…….two others on the run from the Capital...………..Junzo, ready and waiting to take revenge for Shoju's inevitable downfall...………..

Tick-tock Rokugan. The countdown to Armageddon has begun.

Is Junzo confirmed to exist? I have been waiting for him to crop up but I haven't seen confirmation he exists. Maybe in the Scorpion novella?

He's mentioned by name in "The World, A Stage", as the Yogo daimyo.

Is the monster in any of the rpg books? (Old or current edition) I want my PCs to meet this guy.

Uh did they kill her dog?

4 hours ago, Manchu said:

No, don't worry, they brought the doggy to a nice farm where she can play and run around all day.

6 hours ago, Manchu said:

I don't think so. I think they were just too busy to take care of it.

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Yeah, "busy".

10 hours ago, DGLaderoute said:

He's mentioned by name in "The World, A Stage", as the Yogo daimyo.

Thank you. I see his name now. Wow...that story is nearly 2 and a half years old. Junzo has been waiting a long time to emerge out of the shadows.

3 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Dogs don't actually need all that much care to survive- especially when they're allowed to run loose. The dog's demise is indeed... indicative.

I thought the dog might have been killed by the creature, because it was growling at the corner before it died.

8 hours ago, Miwt said:

I thought the dog might have been killed by the creature, because it was growling at the corner before it died.

That was my assumption as well

14 hours ago, Miwt said:

Can't have it giving the game away.

14 hours ago, Miwt said:

Eh.... my question there... is how and when? It clearly emerges from its cocoon to feed on Azusa's blood, after she had been moved to sufficient misery to end her own life with the fog-root- which Tadaka left for her on purpose.

Given Kuni Yori's immediate presence at the end? It is laughable to think she wasn't under constant observation- and given his words to Tadaka and what we know of the Crab, it's equally laughable to think that the observation would have been left to Tadaka alone- after all, what if the Phoenix couldn't do what the Kuni would?

People who would leave a lethal poison in reach of a woman suffering intense misery to insure her suicide to draw out the creature would hardly leave something like a beloved pet around to make her cling to life- and if the thing were vulnerable when "feeding," then they could have killed it when it was feeding on the dog.

Pretty sure I'm with Manchu's suspicions on this one. Poor Tazu.