By manoftomorrow010, in Star Wars: Legion

(not my photo, but saw it on FB)

Any help with the translations?

72732584_10158928514296102_2111007792130162688_o.jpg

They have Dookus cards as well. He translated them:

"Some fresh leaks and a rough translation:

Dooku
1 PIP: "Fear, Surprise and Intimidation"
Count Dooku gains Arsenal 2, Relentless and all their ranged weapons Versatile. After an attack, every deffender gets 2 suppresion tokens.

2 PIP: "Double the fall"
At the start of Activation phase, if Count Dooku has a faceup order token he can bring it back to the reserve to choose up to 2 enemy units at range 1-2 and bring their order tokens back to the reserve.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218756664841556&set=pcb.723502104798984&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Rex
1 PIP: "You can call me Captain" Captain Rex gains Fire Support. When using Fire Support, his order token is not fliped upside down. When a friendly unit attacks in melee, Rex can use Fire Support to add a ranged weapon to that attack.

2 PIP: "Eat this, clankers!" When a friendly infantry unit performs a ranged attack while having a faceup order token and an Aim token, during the "gather a attack dice pool" step that unit can increase the máximum range of every weapon by 1 (to a máximum of 4)"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218756665281567&set=pcb.723502104798984&type=3&theater

Edited by R3dReVenge

If these leaks are true, Rex Pip 1 is insanely strong.... Allowing him to attack several times in a single turn???

Pip 2 is interesting but a bit restrictive since it only on squads with face up order tokens and aim tokens.

47 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

If these leaks are true, Rex Pip 1 is insanely strong.... Allowing him to attack several times in a single turn???

Pip 2 is interesting but a bit restrictive since it only on squads with face up order tokens and aim tokens.

It's certainly strong, but it isn't the most powerful 1 pip out there. He needs to be at range 2 of opposing units (ideally multiple) at the start of the round in order for it to work, but he also isn't that tanky so keeping him locked in place while you get the fire support attacks is risky.

I'm more impressed with Mr. Lee's command cards. His 2 pip allows him to stall out dangerous 1 pips like SoS, NYWD, and Implacable while still giving you an order to daisy chain your B1s. His 1 pip is even more dangerous than SoS since rolling 5 red and 5 black against a target in melee (or splitting up attacks) with 3 pierce (or 2 if they have impervious or immunity) is fatal against most everything in the game and with cunning he's probably going first. I'm glad to see at least that they gave you a reason to take saber throw on him as well.

13 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

It's certainly strong, but it isn't the most powerful 1 pip out there. He needs to be at range 2 of opposing units (ideally multiple) at the start of the round in order for it to work, but he also isn't that tanky so keeping him locked in place while you get the fire support attacks is risky.

I'm more impressed with Mr. Lee's command cards. His 2 pip allows him to stall out dangerous 1 pips like SoS, NYWD, and Implacable while still giving you an order to daisy chain your B1s. His 1 pip is even more dangerous than SoS since rolling 5 red and 5 black against a target in melee (or splitting up attacks) with 3 pierce (or 2 if they have impervious or immunity) is fatal against most everything in the game and with cunning he's probably going first. I'm glad to see at least that they gave you a reason to take saber throw on him as well.

It's definitely not the strongest 1 pip, but I think the developers scale the card power level to the cost of the model. For 90 points, I'm pretty satisfied with it. All 3 of his cards are pretty useful which is a rarity. Looking forward to shooting 3 Red into combat with Obi.

Dooku may see more play than Grevious. Grevious' cards have been pretty underwhelming for me so far and his playstyle is pretty linear. Dooku adds so much versatility.

Just now, R3dReVenge said:

It's definitely not the strongest 1 pip, but I think the developers scale the card power level to the cost of the model. For 90 points, I'm pretty satisfied with it. All 3 of his cards are pretty useful which is a rarity. Looking forward to shooting 3 Red into combat with Obi.

Dooku may see more play than Grevious. Grevious' cards have been pretty underwhelming for me so far and his playstyle is pretty linear. Dooku adds so much versatility.

Greivous is underwhelming??? I like Dooku too but lack of relentless is going to make me swing towards Greivous quite often

5 minutes ago, TheHoosh said:

Greivous is underwhelming??? I like Dooku too but lack of relentless is going to make me swing towards Greivous quite often

I was referring to his cards.

Trained in Your Jedi Arts (really cool/fluffy card), but is quite underwhelming with how it plays out. The best I've seen was it hit 3 different unit, but I misplayed my troops and allowed it to happen.

Crush Them is just a bad card because it requires you to be winning for it to give you a significant advantage.

Supreme commander is a solid card. No complaints with this one.

Grevious statewise is incredible, but he's very linear with how he plays. Dooku has a built in scatter range attack and has access to force powers. His cards are also tactic which draws me in.

3 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

I was referring to his cards.

Trained in Your Jedi Arts (really cool/fluffy card), but is quite underwhelming with how it plays out. The best I've seen was it hit 3 different unit, but I misplayed my troops and allowed it to happen.

Crush Them is just a bad card because it requires you to be winning for it to give you a significant advantage.

Supreme commander is a solid card. No complaints with this one.

Grevious statewise is incredible, but he's very linear with how he plays. Dooku has a built in scatter range attack and has access to force powers. His cards are also tactic which draws me in.

I can understand your point a bit better now, yes Dooku being a force user and having cards that really showcase that can really make him have a diverse playstyle that is quite fun. Greivous 1 pip paired with hunter can be quite strong though. Crush them is not the greatest card, and yes Greivous is linear in how he plays to some extent, but scale can really make him pop out of places you don't always expect

1 hour ago, thepopemobile100 said:

He can not attack with 10 dice in close combat after all. His ranged weapons gains versatile that let you shoot out of combat but not let you use it as close combat weapons.

1 hour ago, thepopemobile100 said:

2 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

Could you guys explain why you think Rex’s one pip is strong? I just don’t see it.

To me, it looks like Rex only adds 3 red dice to one attack (like you pointed out at range two). This is while no one else can Fire Support, cause Rex gets the only face up order token. It is in addition to his normal attacks and is in melee, but it just seems so much weaker (by a long margin) than Leia’s or Veers’ one pips, who are also around the same price. I do like the idea of adding three red dice to Obi’s attack, but it does mean Rex has to be in range of Dukoo or Grievous in order to get it and Rex will probably also get killed if Obi can’t finish his melee that round, or if Obi gets killed himself. Remember Rex only has 5 health. One good attack from a lightsaber and he’s gone.

As for Rex’s two pip, how are clones supposed to give aims to a specific unit without using token sharing, or something like Electrobinoculars? Seems really weak too if you need to add another card just to make it work. If they can use token sharing, it’s stronger than Rex’s 1 pip. Think about a fire support between those two units at range 4! That’s a unit deleted on turn 1. Or holding the two units at range 4 and pushing Obi or a BARC into range and Fire Support them while Obi is decked out with several dodge tokens etc.

Dukoo’s are as strong as I expected, but I guess I’m disappointed with Rex’s 1 pip, but maybe I’m missing something, or over thinking Rex’s two pip. Help a girl out, let me know if I’m seeing this right. 🥺

Edited by JediPartisan
50 minutes ago, naitsirk said:

He can not attack with 10 dice in close combat after all. His ranged weapons gains versatile that let you shoot out of combat but not let you use it as close combat weapons.

At first I was, “wait, what”, then I looked it up.

VERSATILE (WEAPON KEYWORD) Some ranged weapons have the versatile keyword. Units can perform attacks with a versatile weapon even while engaged.

• A weapon with the versatile keyword that is not also a melee weapon cannot be used to perform a melee attack.

•A weapon with the versatile keyword that is both a ranged weapon and a melee weapon can be used to perform either a ranged attack or a melee attack.

Good catch, but still a strong card for close action with multiple units in the vicinity. Attack one unit in melee, attack another with range and use Force Push on a third. Maybe not a versatile as Grievous’s 1 pip, but still strong.

Edited by JediPartisan
13 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Could you guys explain why you think Rex’s one pip is strong? I just don’t see it.

To me, it looks like Rex only adds 3 red dice to one attack (like you pointed out at range two). This is while no one else can Fire Support, cause Rex gets the only face up order token. It is in addition to his normal attacks and is in melee, but it just seems so much weaker (by a long margin) than Leia’s or Veers’ one pips, who are also around the same price. I do like the idea of adding three red dice to Obi’s attack, but it does mean Rex has to be in range of Dukoo or Grievous in order to get it and Rex will probably also get killed if Obi can’t finish his melee that round, or if Obi gets killed himself. Remember Rex only has 5 health. One good attack from a lightsaber and he’s gone.

As for Rex’s two pip, how are clones supposed to give aims to a specific unit without using token sharing, or something like Electrobinoculars? Seems really weak too if you need to add another card just to make it work. If they can use token sharing, it’s stronger than Rex’s 1 pip. Think about a fire support between those two units at range 4! That’s a unit deleted on turn 1. Or holding the two units at range 4 and pushing Obi or a BARC into range and Fire Support them while Obi is decked out with several dodge tokens etc.

Dukoo’s are as strong as I expected, but I guess I’m disappointed with Rex’s 1 pip, but maybe I’m missing something, or over thinking Rex’s two pip. Help a girl out, let me know if I’m seeing this right. 🥺

He doesn't flip his token over after he fire supports, so he can fire support as many attacks as there are shots at eligible targets.

1 minute ago, Squark said:

He doesn't flip his token over after he fire supports, so he can fire support as many attacks as there are shots at eligible targets.

Ok, that does sound more powerful, but how many units do you usually have in melee at one time? I know, in the future we’ll have multiple Jedi that can be added, but they better be Operatives and then we won’t have points for corps units. Operatives aren’t usually cheap and with Rex and Obi already, you can only afford 6 more units, unless they’re weakened units in some way (no heavy). It just seems a problematic card when there are cards like Leia’s and Veers’ one pips out there.

Thanks for pointing that out though, I totally missed that. I guess I’ll have to wait and see how it plays, but it doesn’t seem like an auto-include like some cards.

57 minutes ago, naitsirk said:

I missed that. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Make no mistake, I think it's only a lukewarm 1 pip card for the reasons you already stated. I can't think of a situation in which I'd want to use it over ambush. With ambush at least you can give the order to a nearby clone trooper unit, have Rex attack with fire support from the clone troopers and at least benefit from surge to crit. The big problem with this card is that you're still limited to range 2 fire support and you have to wait a turn between attacks. I've used Han almost exclusively since his release and while gunslinger is dangerous, it's maybe useful for 2 attacks in the game. This card suffers from the same short range as gunslinger shots, but combined with the turn wait it becomes rare that this card will get you more than 2 extra attacks. 1 is realistic for it.

The 2 pip simply requires you to have been given an order and have an aim token on the same unit before you attack. Aim first to get the effect from it.

9 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Ok, that does sound more powerful, but how many units do you usually have in melee at one time? I know, in the future we’ll have multiple Jedi that can be added, but they better be Operatives and then we won’t have points for corps units. Operatives aren’t usually cheap and with Rex and Obi already, you can only afford 6 more units, unless they’re weakened units in some way (no heavy). It just seems a problematic card when there are cards like Leia’s and Veers’ one pips out there.

Thanks for pointing that out though, I totally missed that. I guess I’ll have to wait and see how it plays, but it doesn’t seem like an auto-include like some cards.

It's not melee exclusive, though. It's certainly a tricky card, though. Probably more of a fun gimick than a centerpiece, certainly.

13 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Make no mistake, I think it's only a lukewarm 1 pip card for the reasons you already stated. I can't think of a situation in which I'd want to use it over ambush. With ambush at least you can give the order to a nearby clone trooper unit, have Rex attack with fire support from the clone troopers and at least benefit from surge to crit. The big problem with this card is that you're still limited to range 2 fire support and you have to wait a turn between attacks. I've used Han almost exclusively since his release and while gunslinger is dangerous, it's maybe useful for 2 attacks in the game. This card suffers from the same short range as gunslinger shots, but combined with the turn wait it becomes rare that this card will get you more than 2 extra attacks. 1 is realistic for it.

The 2 pip simply requires you to have been given an order and have an aim token on the same unit before you attack. Aim first to get the effect from it.

Thanks, I guess I still saw the 1 pip in the correct light.

Then the 2 pip is meh too, unless you get a way to get an aim on them without them taking an action. ☹️

8 minutes ago, Squark said:

It's not melee exclusive, though. It's certainly a tricky card, though. Probably more of a fun gimick than a centerpiece, certainly.

Good point, but still range two, disappointing. It also negates the gaining of surge to Crit as the support works in the wrong order.

Thanks guys.

Edited by JediPartisan
3 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

(not my photo, but saw it on FB)

Any help with the translations?

72732584_10158928514296102_2111007792130162688_o.jpg

Wait, how did someone get these already? Aren’t they due in 2020? 😳 They look legit enough.

3 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Wait, how did someone get these already? Aren’t they due in 2020? 😳 They look legit enough.

Early copies sometimes get sent out to influencers* to build hype. This is a touch early for FFG's usual review copies, though.

*Blegh. I just threw up in my mouth a little using that term.

Edited by Squark
1 hour ago, JediPartisan said:

How is Rex limited to only one Fire Support Attack? 1 Phase 1 squad shoots and Rex Fire supports. Later that turn, another Phase 1 squad shoots and he Fire supports. The limiting factor here is range and vulnerability.

If he's only limited to 1 Fire support that turn, then I agree it's pretty underwhelming... But how I read it, he can fire support as many times as he has eligible targets + eligible unit activation.

Regards to his 2 pip.... Agreed, but I think the real strength of this card will be revealed once we get other trooper units. Maybe Commandos get an aim at the start of their activation? Who knows...

2 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

How is Rex limited to only one Fire Support Attack? 1 Phase 1 squad shoots and Rex Fire supports. Later that turn, another Phase 1 squad shoots and he Fire supports. The limiting factor here is range and vulnerability.

If he's only limited to 1 Fire support that turn, then I agree it's pretty underwhelming... But how I read it, he can fire support as many times as he has eligible targets + eligible unit activation.

Regards to his 2 pip.... Agreed, but I think the real strength of this card will be revealed once we get other trooper units. Maybe Commandos get an aim at the start of their activation? Who knows...

All true, but Rex’s 1 pip also changes the direction of the support, so the supported don’t get Rex’s surge to crit, and there will be no other unit that has a face up order token, so no other Fire Support than Rex.

Both of Rex’s one and two pip cards are underwhelming in the face of previous and similar (point wise) Commanders. Leia and Veers have some of the best 1 & 2 pip cards (Veers’ 2 pip is niche, but really good for vehicles) and Rex by comparison is meh. It’s really disappointing (especially since I’ve switched to Republic). But as you said, we don’t know how it will all mesh with future units, so I’ll keep hoping. 😁

1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

All true, but Rex’s 1 pip also changes the direction of the support, so the supported don’t get Rex’s surge to crit, and there will be no other unit that has a face up order token, so no other Fire Support than Rex.

Both of Rex’s one and two pip cards are underwhelming in the face of previous and similar (point wise) Commanders. Leia and Veers have some of the best 1 & 2 pip cards (Veers’ 2 pip is niche, but really good for vehicles) and Rex by comparison is meh. It’s really disappointing (especially since I’ve switched to Republic). But as you said, we don’t know how it will all mesh with future units, so I’ll keep hoping. 😁

Agreed. The strength of Fire support is squads getting Surge -> Crit from Rex. I wish his 1 pip gave him a dodge for a bit more survivability...

I think his 2 pip is in line with both Leia's and Veers. +1 range is huge especially when we get more juice options.

It's interesting that the max range cap is 4 though. I bet these cards were made before they came up with range 5 as an idea.

1 hour ago, JediPartisan said:

As for Rex’s two pip, how are clones supposed to give aims to a specific unit without using token sharing, or something like Electrobinoculars? Seems really weak too if you need to add another card just to make it work. If they can use token sharing, it’s stronger than Rex’s 1 pip. Think about a fire support between those two units at range 4! That’s a unit deleted on turn 1. Or holding the two units at range 4 and pushing Obi or a BARC into range and Fire Support them while Obi is decked out with several dodge tokens etc

If the translation is correct, I don't think token sharing will work with this card because they need to "have" the aim token. So other than using electrobinoculars, the use case would be activate an ordered unit and aim+shoot to get extra range. It has the potential to be quite strong by extending Z6s to range 4!

If you do use electrobinoculars to get an aim onto that unit then it will be able to fire support at extended range as well as use friendly standby tokens (mostly relevant for Phase IIs I think).

As for his 1-pip, I think it's another one with high potential, but some built-in drawbacks. If he's at range to shoot many units he's also possibly in a vulnerable position, and all it takes is for one of those units to engage him to shut down the card (if you're at range 2 you're also within a double-move range, minus a very small window). But if you can use terrain to stiff arm would-be engagers while still maintaining LOS, this could be pretty big. Seems like a decently balanced card.

I think Rex's 1 pip could fuse well with the new range 1-2 gun the Clones are getting with the Phase One expansion. Adding Peirce 1, and rolling the two extra black and one white with 3 additional red dice. I think adding all of this to 4-5 black dice (depending on upgrades) could be cool. I do agree his two pip is weird, but does Token sharing apply to this? Could using the aim from another clone fulfill the requirements? And Rex gains an aim when he moves so could he increase his own range to 3?

5 minutes ago, ElcueX2 said:

I think Rex's 1 pip could fuse well with the new range 1-2 gun the Clones are getting with the Phase One expansion. Adding Peirce 1, and rolling the two extra black and one white with 3 additional red dice. I think adding all of this to 4-5 black dice (depending on upgrades) could be cool. I do agree his two pip is weird, but does Token sharing apply to this? Could using the aim from another clone fulfill the requirements? And Rex gains an aim when he moves so could he increase his own range to 3?

His 2 pip will come down to this:

Does the squad need the aim token at the start of their activation OR can they aim as one of their actions to also increase their range.

If they require the aim token at the start of their activation, then this card will take a lot to make it work.

I don't think token sharing works because in the rule book it says that clone troopers can use tokens that adjacent clones have, but it doesn't say that they "have" the token. I assume their will be an FFQ about this card..

2 minutes ago, ElcueX2 said:

Unlikely that token sharing will fulfill the 2 pip Aim requirements. There is no reason Rex’s 2 pip can’t apply to him, so maybe it’s not all bad.

Just to tell a little story about Rex and Fire Support. I just played a game that came down to points killed. I won, because I used two units to Fire Support each of Rex’s attacks, killing two units on round six. That wouldn’t have happened if those units were supporting Rex as I wouldn’t have had surge to crit (every hit/crit was needed) and I needed my clones to have surge tokens (Aggressive Tactics) So that they didn’t get killed and add to my opponent’s points. Rex’s 1 pip makes all of this unfortunately impossible. Even with everyone’s observations I find Rex’s 2 cards underwhelming, but I’m still hoping there will be some way to make his cards better in the future. Rex’s 3 pip is awesome though! I’ve already used it a lot on TTS.