Excel based Character Sheet

By Memetix, in Rogue Trader

Good news, both Routa and Badlapje have offered their help with keeping the spreadsheet up to date. They both have access to all the currently published material and we are planning what to implement next and how to share out the workload. It won't be long before the rest of the community starts to see the results .... thanks for your patience and support.

The Emperor provides! aplauso.gif

Awesome. :)

If you need any more help, I'm willing. :)

Since development seems forthcoming, I ll post this bug:

Of all the Cybernetics, only Bionic Locomotion is giving its Toughness Bonus. All the others listed below aren't implemented to give any bonus currently. Please note that regardless of the amount of cybernetics in a given location, the bonus cannot exceed 2.

> Rule Question:
> "The robust construction of cybernetics add 2 to the user's Toughness Bonus (after Unnatural Toughness) in the relevant location." - Deathwatch, page 176.
>
> Applying this to the Bionic Arm (for the appropriate Arm location), Bionic Locomotion (for both Leg locations), and the Bionic Heart (at half effectiveness, adding 1 for Body location) are easy.
>
> Can a Space Marine character take two Bionic Hearts, and if so, would this add up to +2 TB for the Body?

He certainly can have two bionic hearts, but the effects do not stack.

> Bionic Respiratory System would seem to apply +2 TB for the Body. Would this stack if the character had both a Bionic Heart and Bionic Respiratory System?

No.

> Would an Auger Array, Cybernetic Senses, and/or a MIU apply extra TB for the Head location?

Yes, but they do not stack.

> Does the Servo-Arm or Servo-Harness apply extra TB to any location?

Yes, to the body, but it does not stack.

Ross Watson
Senior RPG Developer
Fantasy Flight Games
[email protected]

Actually I was too hasty. The sheet also recognizes Bionic Arms and the Bionic Heart. they are referenced in the shop with the ToughnessBLA fields

Please ignore this post. Apparently the last oddity I found was related to me not inputting everything where the sheet expected it.

Do you have plans to update this excellent tool to include Black Crusade and subsequent books for it as well?

Rapier said:

Do you have plans to update this excellent tool to include Black Crusade and subsequent books for it as well?

The more I look into Black Crusade the more I realise that it will be pretty much impossible to change the spreadsheet to support both the core rules and the Black Crusade rules. There are just too many changes to make this realistic.

Having said that, I really like the updated rules and it would be possible to create a version of the sheet that does support BC. The problem being that going forwards it would be twice as much work to keep both versions up to date with the new books.

Memetix said:

Rapier said:

The more I look into Black Crusade the more I realise that it will be pretty much impossible to change the spreadsheet to support both the core rules and the Black Crusade rules. There are just too many changes to make this realistic.

Having said that, I really like the updated rules and it would be possible to create a version of the sheet that does support BC. The problem being that going forwards it would be twice as much work to keep both versions up to date with the new books.

Ideally you'd have to have a toggle that would swap cell references to the BC stuff. But might as well make a separate sheet for that. Especially as adding a whole bunch of IF(CELL="No";USE BC;USE CURRENT) would be a pain in the ass.

Any news about this?

Are you working on a Black Crusade spreadsheet?

Couple of quick questions, I'll bump for great justice:

1) Are the First Founding chapters for Deathwatch going to be added to the spreadsheet?
and
2) I'm having a weird problem with Wounds not calculating correctly. To be specific, they're not calculating at all. I put the rolled number into the "Wounds" Rolled Value field, and the calculation doesn't appear at all. I'm using Office 2010 on Vista - am I doing something wrong? (besides using Vista gui%C3%B1o.gif )
3) If I go into the "Chapters" tab and try to put in the details for my Chapter, when I add the +5 modifier, no matter what I choose in the two dropdown boxes, it sticks on BS and WP. Possibly related to the above?

Apologies for the recent lack of communication.

Our attempts at collaborative development have hit a major problem. There seems to be a compatibility problem, either between Excel 2010 and 2007 or between Mac and PC (or both). We're still investigating .....

Once that is fixed we still aim to catch up on the core product releases before looking at Black Crusade.

Xanthia - I haven't player Deathwatch and don't own the books so I'm not sure how to answer your question right now. In which book(s) are the First Founding chapters detailed?

As for the Wound problem, I haven't seen that one myself but I'm sure its not something we can blame Vista for (this time). The calculation for wounds only triggers when you have filled in Toughness, Speciality, Chapter and Wound Rolled (assuming you are using Deathwatch setting). If you can email me your save file (.rtc) I'd be happy to take a look. Email address is at the bottom of the Instructions sheet.

Hey Memetix,

Thanks for the quick response. First Founding is actually a supplement in and of itself that details the Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders and White Scars, as well as a few other bits and pieces store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm

And that answers my problem with the wounds. Because I'm trying to use a chapter that's not actually in the spreadsheet, and I haven't got all the Custom Chapter details filled in yet, obviously it's not triggering the wounds rolled. Thanks for that, now I know what I need to do to get it working happy.gif

Small bug report: Some Talents and Cybernetics and such give a penalty to Agility, others give a penalty to Agility Rolls, but the sheet just applies all penalties to Agility.

It's a subtle but significant difference, as subtracting from Agility at all times quickly screws up meeting the prerequisites of other Talents etc that would otherwise be met, as well as reducing the Agility Bonus (which mostly affects movement rates, Unnatural Speed and Unnatural Agility).

Will the Death Watch book First Founding be added to the excel sheet?

Cjalw1 said:

Will the Death Watch book First Founding be added to the excel sheet?

Yes - that is the book we are working on now ....

Hi,

I'm hoping I'm not being stupid or anything, but I'm having an issue with the sheet (which otherwise is probably the best character generator I've seen for any game system!) - I can't seem to get access to any pschic disciplines. I re-downloaded a fresh version of 6.05 and tried a simple Imperial Psyker. By Rank 4, I had Psy Rating 3 ticked and Psychic Discipline as a talent. Turning to the Powers tab, It was showing Psy Rating 3 in the top left, but under the Psy Rating 1-6 rows, only row 1 had any numbers; a 1 by Minor powers. At the bottom of the section, under Bonus from Talents, I had 5/1 (minor/major) showing, with the total line below it showing 6/1. There were indeed 6 blue slots under Minor Powers, with drop-down boxes enabled, but no where could I select my available Disciplines to buy my Major Power. I'm using Excel 2003 - everything else works; do I just need to update to Excel 2007?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Inquisitor-Exorcist Harkness

Psyker powers can be difficult to get right, but once you have the hang of it, it should work pretty smoothly.

When selecting (ticking) the Psychic Discipline on the Talent sheet, the cell to the right will go blue showing you have a dropdown menu available.

Once you've filled that one in, the Power sheet will allow you to select your powers from the chosen discipline(s).

Thanks, got that sorted with the experimental Imperial Psyker character, but my original character still has a problem. He was an Arbite with Nascent Psyker. He took the The Mind's Eye Opens Transition Package (and became Sanctioned, thankfully ^_^ )

Under The Mind's Eye Opens, the benefits are:

Psy Rating: Increase your Psy Rating by +1. If you do not currently have a Psy Rating, gain Psy Rating 1. Select one Major
Psychic Power and two Minor Psychic Powers from the Dark Heresy Rulebook.

Now he has Psy Rating 1, and should have access to a Major Psychic Power and two Minor Powers. Unfortunately, I can't find any way to unlock a Discipline to choose my Major Power.

Thanks for the quick reply to my question...here's hoping you have some quick advice for this one, lol.

- Inquisitor-Exorcist Harkness

Also, under The Mind's Eye Opens, I can select my Toughness decrease, but because I don't already have a Psy Rating, there is no option for Psy Rating 1 in the dropdown. If I take Psy Rating 1 as an Elite Advance, the option for Psy Rating 2 appears....

Could just be my system, but http://www.blackmoor.org.uk/40K.html doesn't appear to lead me to the correct page (I get what looks like a placeholder page)

@memespawn - It seems to work for me ..... you can download the sheet directly from the dark reign site if you want. Just order the character sheets by the number of downloads and it is at the top.

@Harkness - I will take a look into this, what you are doing seems valid, though a little complex, so I'm not surprised the sheet is getting confused. I'll be away for a few days but if you send me your .rtc save file I'll see what I can do when I return.

Any plans to add Book of Judgment soon? :)

Loving your character sheet, filling out my Navigator now. Just wanted to point out a little error in the Navigator mutations (I hope it's not a double-post, couldn't find anything in last 5 pages of thread):

The mutation "fingers like talons" is missing (and they make such convenient cocktail skewers for my character...). In the spreadsheet Bloated form is listed as 61-70, which should be 61-65. Everything then shifts up until at 76-80 there should be "Fingers like Talons" : you gain the Natural Weapons Trait.

Edit: I realised I also have a question: When I pick the Nomadic House option on Character Generation, I get a +20 bonus to Navigation (Warp). The core rulebook just mentions getting Talented (Navigation - Warp) for this background (which implies a +10 bonus). Am I missing a bonus to which I am entitled, or is the sheet calculating something twice? (ps: I didn't pick Talented seperatly from the Talent list, I did try toggling this but it didn't have any effect on the bonus).

Edit2: It seems picking Warp Guide as a Ship Role doesn't have the right effect: it should give a +5 bonus to Navigation (Warp), albeit only on his ship, but that seems most likely anyway , so maybe nice to include this bonus on the sheet?

NetzachBenetek said:

Loving your character sheet, filling out my Navigator now. Just wanted to point out a little error in the Navigator mutations (I hope it's not a double-post, couldn't find anything in last 5 pages of thread):

The mutation "fingers like talons" is missing (and they make such convenient cocktail skewers for my character...). In the spreadsheet Bloated form is listed as 61-70, which should be 61-65. Everything then shifts up until at 76-80 there should be "Fingers like Talons" : you gain the Natural Weapons Trait

Now how did I guess this was you, before I even looked at the poster? gran_risa.gif That reminds me, I have to do a new picture of Netzach, given his new mutations - perhaps floating in a giant fishbowl, talons trailing, and looming menacingly above some unfortunate underling making a report? "I'm sorry, Master, but Magos Marzu has ordered all crew onto half-rations - he refuses to spare the livestock to make your afternoon groturducken."