Excel based Character Sheet

By Memetix, in Rogue Trader

It was my night for Dark Heresy and one of my fellow players also found that bug.

I know (as a work around) you can type in the name of the upgrade and ignore the blank menu dropdown. I'll get a fix rolled out ASAP.

My feature request stands of calculating TB per location. I was wondering if on the char sheet where you have the Armour shown really big, you might possibly make those numbers smaller to fit the TB next to them?

01-15 Head

AP TB

7 4

As an example.

It was an easy fix - 5.94 now available here .

nikink said:

My feature request stands of calculating TB per location. I was wondering if on the char sheet where you have the Armour shown really big, you might possibly make those numbers smaller to fit the TB next to them?

01-15 Head

AP TB

7 4

That sounds like a sensible idea. Can you remind me under what circumstances you get different TB for different locations please?

Memetix said:

That sounds like a sensible idea. Can you remind me under what circumstances you get different TB for different locations please?

Bionic limbs add to toughness, (+2? I think?) but only for that one specific location. It's in the armoury section of the core rulebooks, and I don't think it's consistent between DH, RT, & DW. preocupado.gif

Cheers,

- V.

If the sorting of talents alphabetically is trivial to do, could you add it as an option for those not afraid of macros?

Or tell me how to add it myself ?

Yup. It's all about the Bionics and Cybernetics.

Bionic heart = +1TB torso (in RT/DH)

Bionic Arms/legs = +2 TB to those places (all games)

I have a feeling there are other modifications, but cannot think of them off-hand... ?

And they get applied *after* Unnatural Toughness multiplier iirc. (Would make sense).

noticed a couple of bugs (set to DH settings):

1. weapon upgrades don't seem to apply changes they should (e.g. compact halving the weight and reducing dmg by 1) - although it has factored in the dmg in the char sheet (not the equipment tab) and the range is unchanged

2. the psychic powers total is not seeming to factor in the free ones received from psy rating increase and it also doesn't give me the option to take a discipline at psy rating 3

just inputting my stats and stuff from my rank 5 char and noticed these things which meant that i couldn't replicate all the things i'd done within the RAW of the game

Thanks for the feedback Dharkus.

The stats on the equipment sheet reflect the basic weapon stats (i.e. before upgrades) and therefore I wouldn't expect them to change as you apply the upgrades. Since these values can be typed in manually there is in fact no way to change those values on the equipment sheet without use of macros. They do affect the final values on the character sheets however, so the fact that Compact wasn't halving the range does sound like a bug and I'll take a look to see if I can fix it.

As for your psyker, can you give me a bit more detail on which bits aren't working as you expect please? I'm assuming that when you take Psy Rating 3 you are expecting something different. I've just tried it (in version 5.94) and the drop down menu to the right of the talent shows a list of the form "2 + Divination" where 2 is the number of minor powers granted (based on your willpower) and Divination is the Discipline you gain access to (and 1 major power). These are then selected on the Power sheet.

ok - that mechanism does work but it's not obvious that that's what you do - the box just goes blue - maybe you could change it to something like 'choose powers' or something - the range halving effect of the extra grip also hasn't done anything - also the weight's haven't changed

i've chosen psy rating 4 as an elite advance as i've chosen a alternative rank at rank 5 (and still wanted psy rating 4) but this option to choose what powers i get hasn't appeared anywhere - dunno how you would do that - maybe have an elite advance section on the talents page - also i've taken sorcerer as a talent but i have a psy rating already so i don't think i get the arcana slots (not sure tho) - it's implied but not specifically said on page 170 of RH - it says i have psy rating 5 (4 from psy rating +1 from sorcerer) on the powers page but hasn't changed any values on the table below it to indicate the psy rating 4

also my GM has houseruled that i can get +3 STR for 150 xp to counteract the effects of wasted frame - how would i add this so it has an effect on my STR stat

also it might be an idea to have a summary of what the psychic powers i currently have do on the character sheet - maybe have extra sheets just for this - i know this would take a long time but it would be really helpful instead of looking up each power when you wanna do it - when u have 14 minor and 2 major psychic powers this is quite annoying - and i haven't got an arcana yet

also to the right of where it says disciplines on the powers page it says #Value! in two cells, on above the other

just noticed that on the advancement page it says my next rank is at 5000xp when it's actually 6000xp

Dharkus

If you put your Psy Rating 4 in as an elite advance (on the Advancemtn sheet) you need to put your willpower bonus in square brackets at the end, all the details are in the comment on that sheet. That will fix the #Value and your number of powers.

Alternatively you could select it from the greyed out rank where you took the alternative rank, selecting from the blue drop down as normal.
The sheet always turns cells blue when data entry is expected.

If you want to up your STR by 3, simply put that in the bonus section on the Character Generation sheet. You can put the 150xp in either the "Other" box or in the elite advances section along with a description of why you get the bonus, your call.

I play an Adept/Sorcerer so I've tested that the Psy Ratings and Sorcerer powers all work in unison. You should be OK when you fix the Psy Rating 4.

Rank's in Dark Heresy were changed when Ascension came out. If you have the option "Allow Ascension" set to Yes (this is the default), then 5000 is the correct value. Again this is explained in the comment by the options on the Character Generation sheet. It takes a while to get used to all this as the sheet is now massive, I hope you stick with it and find it useful.

I've found the range bug for Compact and I'll take a look at Extra Grip, thanks.

Darth Smeg said:

If the sorting of talents alphabetically is trivial to do, could you add it as an option for those not afraid of macros?

Or tell me how to add it myself ?

Sorry to be unclear Darth - Sorting is easy in Excel (manually select the area and select sort A-Z) and the same can be done in a macro. If you want to just sort the Talents on the talent summary sheet before printing I'd suggust you unprotect the sheet, highlight the table, copy, paste special (values) and then sort A-Z the table. You could record this in a macro for future use. This is a one-way operation however and shouldn't be saved as any new talents would no longer appear in the table once turned to text.

Sorting on the character sheets is not trivial as the text is concatenated into one long string with new line characters between each entry.

Darth - I'll have a go a better solution in the next release - I can probably do a sort based on the first couple of characters in the string.....

I need some help tracking down the rules for AP or Toughness bonuses from cybernetics.

I can see that bionic heart adds +1 AP in DH and RT but 1 toughness in Deathwatch. I can't find any rules for bionic arms though. I know they must be there because I implemented +2 AP for bionic arms at some point and I can't believe I made it up!

If you can point me at the right books (page numbers) or errata, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

here it is from DH pg153:

Bionic replacement limbs are assumed to operate at the same level of strength and dexterity as the body they are attached to (rather than risk ripping themselves out of their host through overpressure), though their robust construction does add +2 to the owner’s Toughness Bonus against hits scored to the particular location.

i had to kinda make a workaround for Psy rating 4 elite advance - i had to put the extra xp cost (50) in the elite advance xp cost as when i ticked it in the talents section it spent the xp and the only way to get it to work as far as i could see was to tick the talent

with psykers (specifically) sorcery doesn't give you the 18 arcana slots as it does say in RH pg 170 that ' Rather than a Talents usual effects , it serves to boost the psyker's Psy Rating by 1 for the Sorcerer Talent, and by and an additional 1 for Master Sorcerer. From this point onwards, the psyker may accrue sorcery Arcana as if they were Psychic Powers (treating Major Arcana as a new Psychic Discipline).' I imagine this may means that you can start to get the Arcana when you take a new Psy Rating or that you get the new Psychic Discipline when you take the Sorcerer Talent - probably the latter

Memetix said:

I need some help tracking down the rules for AP or Toughness bonuses from cybernetics.

I can see that bionic heart adds +1 AP in DH and RT but 1 toughness in Deathwatch. I can't find any rules for bionic arms though. I know they must be there because I implemented +2 AP for bionic arms at some point and I can't believe I made it up!

If you can point me at the right books (page numbers) or errata, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Here are some i could find quite easily. Started to check DH also but it might take some time to go all the books through. Didn't find from any where that Cybernetic arms would give AP points. You mighty have confused it with Toughness Bonus granted.

In DW Corerules

p. 176 "The robust construction of cybernetics adds 2 to the owner’s Toughness Bonus (after Unnatural Toughness) in the relevant location."

p. 177 Only exception is the Bionic Heart that grants only +1 Toughness Bonus.

In DW Living Errata p. 3

“If two or more implants are installed in the same location (such as the Body location), the +2 Toughness Bonus applies only once.”

in RT Corerules

p. 147 "The robust construction of cybernetics adds 2 to the owner’s Toughness Bonus in the relevant location."

Bionic Hearth p. 149 "Bionic heart adds +1 AP to body location"

Cranial Armor p. 149 "Add +1 AP to head location, stacks with any armour worn in head-location"

Subskin Armour p. 151 "This implant add +2 AP to Arms, Body and Legs location. This bonus is added to any other armour for those location"

In DH Corerules

p. 153 "The robust construction of cybernetics adds 2 to the owner’s Toughness Bonus in the relevant location."

I just noticed the Astartes Mono and Chain Melee Attachments aren't in the shop.

I can't find any of the first level Sororitas Dialogus, Famulus, or Hospitaller options for Adept and Cleric. I'm sure I saw it recently, am I just having a brain fart or is this a glitch? (I've tried with 5.85 and 5.94)

Excellent tool: thankyou Memetix and assistants, it is getting well used in Brisbane. aplauso.gif

The logic for the sister's alternative ranks is

• Setting is Dark Heresy
  • Blood of Martyrs is allowed (default is yes)
  • Rank = 1
  • Willpower >= 30
  • Dialogous (Int >=30, Career = Adept)
  • Famulous (Fel >=30, Career = Cleric)
  • Hospitaller (Fel >=30, Career = Adept)

When these conditions are met, the sheet works for me (5.94)

Kamikaze14 said:

I just noticed the Astartes Mono and Chain Melee Attachments aren't in the shop.

Thanks - I did indeed miss those.

I've started to implement the changes to toughness per location based on Cybernetics.

As far as I can see, the rules are a little bit ambiguous so I'm after some advice or pointers to errata that might help clarify the situation.

The Core rules (all 3 settings) state that you get a +2 bonus to toughness for cybernetics (Thanks Routa-maa for finding all the relevant rules). In RT and DH the implication is that this is for bionic replacement limbs and body parts (i.e. not implants) because the rule is in a section titled "Bionic replacement limbs and body parts). In DW this distinction is not made so all implants give a +2 bonus to toughness (other than bionic heart which gives +1) in Deathwatch.

My preference is to grant a +2 toughness bonus for bionic arms, locomotion and respiration (all settings) and a +1 bonus for a bionic heart in DW (but +1AP in RT/DH). All other cybernetics would not affect toughness.

Unfortunately I can see the argument for ALL implants granting the bonus which then raises the question about where some of the implants are located in the body. i.e. is an auger array in the head or body? Does a bionic hand grant the +2 bonus to the whole arm?

Any thoughts?

I started to check the system info also and I see what you meen Memetix. It's little bit too ambiguous about the info what Cybernetics and Implants could grand the Toughness Bonus and what not. Also where are they put whit some of those things.

Example Baleful Eye, it's just your eye thats been replaced. And what are the odds of hitting it only.

Linking this picture of Commissar Yarrick so people get little bit what i mean wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/File:Yarrick.jpg

Subskin and Cranial armor are propably only Implants that grant AP and that they would also grant +2 to Toughness Bonus not to mention that they stack with armour worn.

I would have only those parts that specifically mention they grant a Toughness Bonus do so. Limbs, Locomotion, Heart. On the plus side, this leaves it unambiguous. :)

(Must admit, I've never even considered doing it any other way. :) )

I agree with nikink. Getting shot in your Auger Arrays would probably be bad for the array, and cause more damage rather than act as armour.

Giving the subskin armour +2 AP AND +2 TB is just too much. It's just armour plating, after all. A replacement leg, on the other hand (or should that be foot?), replaces flesh, blood, sinews and arteries with shiny metal, plasteel and other techo-babble-material. Much more resilient that way.

OK - I'm going with the following

Bionic Arms = +2 Toughness bonus to arm
Bionic Legs = +2 Toughness bonus to legs
Bionic Heart = +1 Toughness bonus to body (Deathwatch) or +1 body AP (RT and DH)
Bionic Respiratory system = +2 toughness bonus to body (doesn't stack with heart, best one takes precedence)

A new release should be out later today.