Excel based Character Sheet

By Memetix, in Rogue Trader

Looks really good!

The only thing I noticed is that the extra speed the Ignatius PA provides on top of the one resulting from the size increase seems to have been lost in between last version and the new one.

If you have time for some small stuff, allowing Backpack Ammo Packs to affect the Ammo counter and weapon stats would be good feature. It's not normally on charsheets, but an extra row in the weapons' descriptions that give the 'base chance to hit absent external modificators' (BS/WS as affected by weapon quality and components) would really help speed up the game for some of the newer players.

Your ideas sound good to me :)

Memetix said:

I think you are right, I have been thinking for a while about redesigning the equipment sheet and now could be the right time.

I think it should include a complete shop with all the weapons, armour and equipment items listed with a quantity owned column.

Then for each item owned I could list them with the option to assign item quality and location (i.e. carried, backpack, quarters). This could then total up carried weight and allow assignment of weapons to a hand meaning I could add on bonuses to damaged dependent on bionics for each arm..

I'd need space for custom items too and then work out how to cope with current saved characters in the old format.......
Before starting on the this - any more thoughts or ideas?

Custom items would be pretty easy, just add a box or something labeled "Custom" that when checked will allow the user to fill out all of the information manually instead of picking an item from the list. Maybe throw in an option to save the item and add it to the equipments lists if you like extra work.

If you really want to go all out with a shop of some sort, it would be nice if there were ways of sorting the list, like looking for just exotic pistols or SP basic weapons. Some indication of whether or not the character possesses the appropriate talents for the weapon would also be nice. And, of course, some way od showing the rarity/acquisition mod of an item.

I wouldn't worry too much about location except for carried in a hand or carried in storage, because there is no uniformity between groups as to how items are carried, or even if they care at all as long as they don't break the encumbrance limit. Some way of indicating where an item not being held is carried would be enough.

One of my players claim the sheet is "not so good for tech-priests". Not quite sure what he meant, but I guess it has to do with mechadendrites and implants. Perhaps when you redo the equipment part you could have a section for bionics?

Also, way down on the bottom of the wishlist, is a tracker for advancements taken in chronological order. Ie, so you can see not just the current stats of a character, but in which order (s)he took which advances. This isn't very important, but if you're really bored and have implemented everything else....

Darth - if you can find out in more detail about what your Tech Priest player wants and let me know, that would be really useful. My Dark Heresy game doesn't have a Tech-Priest so I have no personal experience of the sort of enhancements that would be useful.

As for tracking the order of advancement - I think that might be a step too far. It would require macros and I'm trying to keep them to a minimum (for Mac/Open Office users).

I play a Tech Priest. I'd assume also he's talking about bionics and their effect (which is why it's also on my wishlist). For example i've got a Calculus Logi upgrade giving me a +10 to a number of skills. I've also got Electro Graft Use giving me again a whole range of bonusses on skills. Right now i have to include those manually which is - quite frankly - a hassle. Mainly because you can only add in a number of bonus. You cannot specify how you got to that number. On the one hand that means i'll learn the bonusses quicker. On the other hand it means a whole lot of looking up again what this or that did.

There are quite a few bionics/implants in there that offer serious bonuses. Some of them are easy enough to implement in the sheet, eg. Viteae Supplacement by just selecting Autosanguine in the elite advances at 0 xp, but some that are harder.

Yes, my player said that is was "just that a lot of augmetics are not included". The lazy bastard didn't provide more detail, I think I should penalize him next time I hand out XP :P

Anyway, the implants are nice for people outside the tech-priest career as well, my players keep loosing limbs for some reason, and I don't let fate points save them. Various quality replacements do different things: Add TB to the location, grant talents or traits, give bounuses to skills, etc.

When the going gets tough - the tough go shopping.

Version 5.81 is now available for download

It includes

• A new Shop sheet with all the weapons, armour and gear from all the source books (thanks to unknownrelic for all the cataloging)
  • A fix for Xenos Hunter starting choices
  • Fixed Power armour (Ignatus +1 Ag bonus and Heavy -20 Ag)
  • Updated save/load code to support the new shop items and an unequip button to reset the equipment sheet
  • Weight carried now shows on the character sheets

When loading older characters, you will get a warning about the changes to the way equipment is now handled.

I recommend you make a note of all your equipment (shown in the "Custom Gear" section) and then go to the shop sheet and purchase everything you own. Then return to the equipment sheet and use the "Unequip" button to reset the sheet's formulas. You can then select your armour and weapons from the pull down lists and edit the "Custom Gear" to only include items not bought in the shop. Don't forget to save the character!

If you don't want to do this, you can stick with your gear as it is, it will simply be treated as custom gear and will function as before.

There is a huge amount of new data in the sheet, if you find errors please let me know as I am unable to test everything myself.

Some notes on other change requests ...

1. Adjustment for extra damage due to bionic arms - done in release 5.81
  2. Multiple ship roles - no plans for this - just add the role as an elite advance i.e. "Role: Chief Surgeon" - this will lookup the correct description for you.
  3. Implants that affect skills - no plans yet - you can add the bonuses on the skills sheet
  4. Weapon quality - done in release 5.81
  5. Implants that affect other things - a whole new can of worms ...... let me think about this one
  6. Starting equipment ..... let me think about this too. It would be easy if you didn't get choices .....

Quick update - a few errors in the Astartes Armour entries have been fixed and the Shop sheet protection changed to enable the filter to work correctly.

V5.82 now online.

Lolz, you're bringing out new versions faster then i can download them aplauso.gif

What about cyber familiars or all the servitors and to add improvements to armor and weapons.

When you select Salvation Shield instead of AP 70 it apears with an AP 2. Can you change so that you can take an energy field and armor. Great work.

Another thing can you make the shopping list to have all the ability to scroll so that you can see all the items that you bought. This also can be usefull for showing all the weapons special properties.

Can you to make it imposible to select any skill that the class and level that the player belongs to or use some color to distinguish between skill that are allowed for the player for the level and class.

Sorry for double post.

Hi there.

New player, love the sheet for making characters. I do have one issue though. I'm trying to write up a Sister Hospitaller as her rules state in BoM (Alt level 1 for Adepts) but when I try to put it in, the only option for alt ranks is Frateris Militia. I was wondering if this was just not implement or glassed over, thanks.

Hi,

The 'Renegade House' option for the Navigator Career doesn't seem to have any effect. There aren't any points added to insanity/corruption, no additional power available under talents, etc.

I tried using the sheet with Excel 2007, with and without macros enabled.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback - I've been working on Cybernetics for the shop and ensuring the bonuses for skills/talents are correctly applied. I should have a release later today.

It will include a fix for the Renegade House (thanks Oculon).

Sandres - I tried creating a Sister Hospitalier and it seemed to work fine for me. To you qualify for WP>=30 and Fel>=30?

Thor

• Salvation Shield will be fixed in the next release
  • Skills that are not available are shown in grey or with no XP value. I cannot stop a tick box being ticked I'm afraid.
  • Servitors will be next on the to do list
  • Bought items appear on the Equipment list as a summary. To see the weapon stats I think you'll need to equip them. If you want you can unprotect the shop sheet and apply a custom filter to column A

When the going get tougher, the tough get tougher too.

Version 5.83 is now available for download .

• Added all cybernetics to the shop
  • Implemented skill and talent adjustments when cybernetics are bought
  • Added Weapon details for Mechadendrites
  • The shop now highlights owned items (green) and those with which you are not proficient (grey)
  • Added filter to remove items in shop you are not proficient with
  • Fixed Renegade house bug
  • Fixed bug with weapons with negatives in damage (i.e. 1d5-3)
  • Removed Subskin armour and Cranial armour from Armour Quality on Equipment sheet. Load code will automatically acquire these items if they were selected in the old save file format

I've never been to a Tech-Priest's party, can't imagine it would be much fun, but they may be hosting one now .....

As always this is awesome work, Memetix! :)

Some little errors/bugs I've found:

1. 'Reknown' should be 'Renown'

2. Augur array bionic implant does not alter the Awareness skill value. I expected it to add 20 to the skill rating. Is this not right?

3. Cortex Implants add a ton of skill bonuses and Unnatural Intelligence for Best Quality, but this isn't listed as selectable.

4. In general, lots of Bionics and Cybernetic Implants have different effects at differing Quality ratings that don't seem to be in the Shop to choose.

5. Missing loads of Power Armour histories from Rites of Battle.

6. Some Power Armour histories add modifiers to stats which causes a problem for, say, Strength. 'Thy Strength Be Legend' gives the armour +30 Strength, instead of the usual +20. Is there a way to add that 10 to the Stat without the Unnatural Strength multiplier affecting it, as you do with the usual +20?

7. Astartes Distinctions aren't listed as available anywhere I can see. Easy to add them manually as Elite Advances, but it would be nice not to have to, and even nicer (if possible) to have their modifiers precalculated into the sheet as well. Jaws of Intellect, for example, allows the substitution of Intelligence for Agility and Strength, so the sheet could compare which is the higher score and substitute it in place, also Int Bonus for Initiative if higher than Ag bonus etc.

8. Breaching Auger and Bulkhead Shears can both be taken as Implants.

9. 'Omnisian Axe' should be 'Omnissian Axe' in cell B928

10. Personal request for the Custom Chapter name field to link the two name tables. No biggie, but I'd like it. :)

11. Umm... you are doing a fantastic job! Thanks for all this effort. :)

On another note, does anyone know if this sheet is usable on an iPad/iPad2?

Memetix said:

• Skills that are not available are shown in grey or with no XP value. I cannot stop a tick box being ticked I'm afraid.

Can you at least color the skills with no XP value in gray also?

Memetix said:

Thor

Bought items appear on the Equipment list as a summary. To see the weapon stats I think you'll need to equip them. If you want you can unprotect the shop sheet and apply a custom filter to column A

I was saying that if you have lots of items bought it is possible that the bought items equipment list will be too small to display all the bought items. So you need to make the list either bigger or add a vertical scroll bar. The same problem is on Character sheet when it displays the gear the player have.

When the special weapon description is too big for the special cell can you add a horizontal scroll bar or tool tip to display the weapon special?

EDIT:When you select a graviton gun (Basic) it apears in the shop for my archmilitant to be gray as I have no training. But the archmilitant starts with basic weapon training (universal). I believe this is a bug. The same problem with eldar power sword(Melee) and Melee Weapon Training.

Lots of cybernetics will give you unatural bonus like synthetic muscle grafts will give unnatural strenght. It does not appear anywhere this bonus.

When selecting Of Extensive Means/A Powerful Legacy an error occurs : Data overflow too many talents or skills.

For cybernetics and servitors that the player have can it be two different lists on the equipment page that is different than the bought equipment list?

Can the armor and weapons be added the possibility to add improvements with craftmanship quality?

thor2006 said:

Personally, i'd dislike this

thor2006 said:

EDIT:When you select a graviton gun (Basic) it apears in the shop for my archmilitant to be gray as I have no training. But the archmilitant starts with basic weapon training (universal). I believe this is a bug. The same problem with eldar power sword(Melee) and Melee Weapon Training.

That's not a bug. You need Exotic Weapon Training for that. And you need it once per exotic weapon. So if you want both you need to have exotic weapon training twice.

No don't ask me the sense of this. It's pretty darned stupid to say that an eldar power sword needs special training over an imperial power sword. But that's how the system works.

Badlapje said:

thor2006 said:

Personally, i'd dislike this

thor2006 said:

That's not a bug. You need Exotic Weapon Training for that. And you need it once per exotic weapon. So if you want both you need to have exotic weapon training twice.

No don't ask me the sense of this. It's pretty darned stupid to say that an eldar power sword needs special training over an imperial power sword. But that's how the system works.

The color request is because to diferentiate between skills you can take and skills you cannot take for the desired class. It is not clear witch skills a desired class can take and witch skills cannot be taken.

Other problems found:

1. Some mutations like brute,aberrations will not give bonuses.

2. Lots of implants will not list in the talent page the talent that the cybernetics will give.

3. When selecting cybernetic Blackbone Bracing the error :Data overflow too many talents or skills. appears

Let me start by saying this is quite simply one of the best character sheets I have come across. I do however have one bug to note:

When selecting the calamity origin path option it appears to reduce the cost of background options by 50 points.

Thank you for your continued support of this sheet, its amazing.

- Mordak

NikNik

1. Renown - will do
  2. Auspex - this is use dependent and therefore not added automatically. You have to activate the auger to get the bonus I beleive
  3. Cortex - will do
  4. Implant quality - I took the list of items from unknownrelic's excellent Armory v 1.12.1.0. I need to expand it for quality. At the moment the sheet does not attempt to automatically apply the effect of unnatural characteristics - you need to add this to the advancement sheet manually, even if the unnatural talent appears in you talent/trait list.
  5. Power Armour histories - will do
  6. You could add +1 to the left and right arm damage bonus for that power armour.
  7. I'm leaving Distinctions as elite advances right now. The init bonus could be worked around by giving yourself the Combat Formation Talent as an elite advance.
  8. Breaching / Shears - Will do
  9. Omnissian - will do
  10. Not quite sure what you mean here ....
  11. Thanks

Thor

1. The skills sheet uses the standard format of light blue backgrounds for skills you can acquire. Is this working for you?
  2. Since traits and talents from Implants appear in the starting Talents/Traits section I will need to increase the size of this area to avoid the data overflow error.
  3. Mutations have not been implement - they still need manual adjustment
  4. I will create a new Gear Summary Sheet with all the items you own, a bit like the Talent Summary sheet. This can be printed as an extra page when you have too much stuff to fit on the main character sheet

Mordicious - I suspect you are getting a 50xp rebate as per the rules for acquiring a talent more than once during character generation.

Memetix said:

NikNik

1. Renown - will do
  2. Auspex - this is use dependent and therefore not added automatically. You have to activate the auger to get the bonus I beleive
  3. Cortex - will do
  4. Implant quality - I took the list of items from unknownrelic's excellent Armory v 1.12.1.0. I need to expand it for quality. At the moment the sheet does not attempt to automatically apply the effect of unnatural characteristics - you need to add this to the advancement sheet manually, even if the unnatural talent appears in you talent/trait list.
  5. Power Armour histories - will do
  6. You could add +1 to the left and right arm damage bonus for that power armour.
  7. I'm leaving Distinctions as elite advances right now. The init bonus could be worked around by giving yourself the Combat Formation Talent as an elite advance.
  8. Breaching / Shears - Will do
  9. Omnissian - will do
  10. Not quite sure what you mean here ....
  11. Thanks

Thor

1. The skills sheet uses the standard format of light blue backgrounds for skills you can acquire. Is this working for you?
  2. Since traits and talents from Implants appear in the starting Talents/Traits section I will need to increase the size of this area to avoid the data overflow error.
  3. Mutations have not been implement - they still need manual adjustment
  4. I will create a new Gear Summary Sheet with all the items you own, a bit like the Talent Summary sheet. This can be printed as an extra page when you have too much stuff to fit on the main character sheet

Mordicious - I suspect you are getting a 50xp rebate as per the rules for acquiring a talent more than once during character generation.

For example synthetic muscle grafts give you Unnatural Strenght 2 in the talent page but in the character page it does not apear as the strenght bonus neither it will calculate the carry/lift/push bonus.

For example for the Blackbone Bracing the error :Data overflow too many talents or skills. appears and for the vitae supplement it's says it grants autosainguine talent and this talent doesn't apear in the talent page. The same with Of Extensive Means/A Powerful Legacy it gives an error :Data overflow too many talents or skills. when selected at the end of the background package.

When selecting a proud tradition/a long and glorious history they have the same subchoices. Is that correct?

When I select a rogue trader career I find some skill with starting cell in blue some talents that have basic training but are not the skill that have the starting cell in blue like logic. The skills mastery like athletic mastery what it is and if it can all be taken by a single rogue trader class?

What are the talents in the advancement tab and where to find the xp price?