Excel based Character Sheet

By Memetix, in Rogue Trader

That's the way the rules work. XP spent on background packages do not contribute towards your rank.

Darth Smeg said:

That's the way the rules work. XP spent on background packages do not contribute towards your rank.

Wow, really? I never realised that. That's fair enough then. Thanks for clearing this up for me

Some nit-picks:

Shop, line 35: It's "Hunting musk", not "must".

Blood of Martyrs introduce the "Pilot (Jump Pack)" skill, which is not selectable on the sheet.

Great work I noticed that Verispex Armour and Verispex Helm from Book or Judgment are not in the list of Items.

Using 6.4

Made a Scum Metallican Gunslinger and under skills it auto selects Tribal Dialect instead of Hive Dialect for your native language.

Making a Dark Angels Techmarine and one of my past event choices is "Thunderwak Gunner".

I love this generator thanks for making it.

Hi ive started using you character generator/builder, and i carnt seem to find any where to put honour's. As i have a character with Crux Terminus. Where do i put it as i carnt seem to put my advance as Watch Captain?

Using 6.4

Made a Scum Metallican Gunslinger and under skills it auto selects Tribal Dialect instead of Hive Dialect for your native language.

Making a Dark Angels Techmarine and one of my past event choices is "Thunderwak Gunner".

I love this generator thanks for making it.

You are right, there are a lot of "dialect" skills in the game and I had to conflate a few of them in order to keep the skill list a manageable size.

Hi ive started using you character generator/builder, and i carnt seem to find any where to put honour's. As i have a character with Crux Terminus. Where do i put it as i carnt seem to put my advance as Watch Captain?

I will admit to never having played Deathwatch, nor used the character sheet to generate a character for that setting. You could add them as free elite advances ....

Maybe someone else who uses the sheet for Deathwatch can offer some better advice.

Has anyone found a way to rss this thread?

I prefer that method over the "follow thread" option.

Hello Memetix!

Quick question for you that I'm hoping you can help track down in version 6.4 in the sheet.

I've made a deathwatch Tactical Marine, from the Ultramarines chapter. Under "Deeds" I've selected the deed : Second in Command.

If I then go to the skills tab, it lists Command, and Command +10 as a no-xp selection. If I remove the deed, Command +10 costs 400xp. Does Deathwatch allow for skill stacking during character creation (Since I get Command twice, once from Tactical Marine specialization, once from Second in Command)?

Per the Errata, Second in Command simply gives the character Command as a trained basic skill.

Hello Memetix!

Quick question for you that I'm hoping you can help track down in version 6.4 in the sheet.

I've made a deathwatch Tactical Marine, from the Ultramarines chapter. Under "Deeds" I've selected the deed : Second in Command.

If I then go to the skills tab, it lists Command, and Command +10 as a no-xp selection. If I remove the deed, Command +10 costs 400xp. Does Deathwatch allow for skill stacking during character creation (Since I get Command twice, once from Tactical Marine specialization, once from Second in Command)?

Per the Errata, Second in Command simply gives the character Command as a trained basic skill.

I always just assumed it worked that way, although I cannot find it actually mentioned in the Core Rulebook. :|

Hello Memetix!

Sorry, away on holiday for a few weeks, unable to give you an answer until I get back.

Hi Memetix,

first of all thank you for your great work! I can hardly imagine how much work you spent on this one.

I may have to report an issue I had with the Demon Hunter's advanced ranks, already tried to find the solution myself, but maybe there is a feature missing handling the cult briefing talent of the cult-stalker advance rank. It is possible to take the talent, but not to choose the specification (Political, Heretek, Pleasure, Infestation, Blood and Culture) with their specific effects.

Is there a way to work this out with the char generator already I just missed or is it a feature to be implemented in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Croaker

I'm glad to know the sheet is still in use - I've been busy with other projects lately however I will attempt to look into the issue for you next week.

Release 6.41

A minor release addressing the following issues.

• Added missing skills for Malygrisian Tech Heresy
  • Fixed starting talents for Tranch War Veteran
  • Added missing cybernetics from the Book of Judgement
  • Extended the size of the dropdown for Alternate ranks (some classes couldn't see all their options)
  • Fixed typo in shop (Hunting Musk)
  • Security Skill (Rogue Trader 6) was listed as Scrutiny
  • Fixed bug when reloading ammo, the shop entry was not reducing correctly

The new release can be downloaded from the link in my signature .....

Hi Memetix,

first of all thank you for your great work! I can hardly imagine how much work you spent on this one.

I may have to report an issue I had with the Demon Hunter's advanced ranks, already tried to find the solution myself, but maybe there is a feature missing handling the cult briefing talent of the cult-stalker advance rank. It is possible to take the talent, but not to choose the specification (Political, Heretek, Pleasure, Infestation, Blood and Culture) with their specific effects.

Is there a way to work this out with the char generator already I just missed or is it a feature to be implemented in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Croaker

I've been working on a fix for this - would you be able to email me your .rtc file so I can test the new code please?

My email address is in the instructions sheet of the spreadsheet.

Hello Memetix!

I will admit to never having played DW nor read the rulebook. It seemed compatible with the way the sheet worked for RT and DH so I guess I made some assumptions.

Can I ask .... does the errata state that skill stacking does not apply in DW? If so I will look at updating the sheet to reflect that skills are handled differently in DW.

I've been working on a fix for this - would you be able to email me your .rtc file so I can test the new code please?

My email address is in the instructions sheet of the spreadsheet.

You should have mail. I hope it'll help you a bit!

And thanks for your effort!

Thanks a lot! That seemed to work! :)

But am I right, that the cult briefing doesn't include the characteristics bonus of the secondary origin?

If this is correct, then everything work's correct with this feature then!

Any chance of you putting out a version for 2nd edition Dark Heresy? From what I have seen posted the character creation is very different.

Edited by Popperlicious

Any chance of you putting out a version for 2nd edition Dark Heresy? From what I have seen posted the character creation is very different.

I don't have the time to do a rewrite at the moment.

I'd be happy to give advice or offer help if someone else wants to give it a go.

Hi Memetix,

Awesome work on this spreadsheet it's made our regular DH/RT game a lot nicer from a paperwork point of view. I can't image how much effort this took, I have one question; Do yo u have any plans to add the new stuff from the Navis Primer book for rogue trader (the new powers/ranks etc)?

Thanks

It has been ages since I've re-visited this forum, sorry for the slow responses.

My monthly game of Rogue Trader has been on hold now for 6 months, our GM having succumbed to the forces of Choas so I've not really been thinking about the sheet.

It is my intention to update it with information from the Navis Primer but that might be the last update I do as I have other projects that are taking up my time.

The link for the eldar web enhancement appears to be dead. Would you know where I can find a backup of it? also in open office how would I unhide the menu function to edit some of my own house ruled stuff in?

Making an Ork Freebooter, and it seems like some of the Traits aren't included.

All Xenos should have "Non Imperial" and "Speak Not Unto The Alien" (Into The Storm, p 46), and the 'Ard trait should give Unnatural Toughness (x2) (p60)

Edit: The changes in the Errata are not included either.

Edited by Darth Smeg