Co-operative Space Hulk!

By JerusalemJones, in Death Angel

Dam said:

Is this going to be 1-6 players from just 1 box? I think so and looking at the description page it seems so. Okay, so to me that doesn't really matter (since I'm pretty much maxed at 2-player anyways), but curious.

There are 8 or 9 Space Marine cards in the graphic, and the description mentions that the game scales for different numbers of players. I'm sure there are at least 12 Space Marines to choose from, and every player gets to control at least 2.

The tokens for lightning claws and powerswords give me some hope that the marines can be customized before play.

I'd bet that each genestealer is represented by a token, too. (Or each killed genestealer is presented by a token.)

One of the "corridor" cards branching out from the Space Marines column looks like it has a four-square area in the middle. We know that range to target is a factor, so those squares might represent how long (and possibly how wide) the corridor is. Genestealer tokens might be placed on those squares, and each round, any unkilled genestealers would advance toward the marines. Or maybe those squares represent the number of genestealers in that corridor, and you place a "killed" token on the square when you've blasted them.

The die might include a number of skulls (kills) as well as the range of the attack (represented by number maybe). On the top of the die, I think I see what might be a skull and the number 1.

I'm just guessing about all this stuff, but it's fun to guess.

Seem like good guesses on how it may work. I hope there will be expansions for it as I would love to use some different chapters with different mechanics... Oh and I cant wait to have my icon be a Space Marine Terminator!

Space Hulk is a great game and it's cool they trust FFG with at least part of the license. A fully cooperative card game sounds at least interesting. Also, the price is right. There are just so many games out there and I can't afford all of them, but sneaking in a cheaper one like this is a lot easier to purchase.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Frank6 said:

They use the art and the background of the boardgame (which I own). Why should I buy this ?

They should have used the energy for this thing for a 40K-LCG.

Not everyone could afford the $100 they charged for the box when it was released, let alone the $200+ people are charging for it now. Is the board game good? Of course, its MFing Space Hulk, but that doesn't mean everyone else wants to be excluded because that version costs an obsene amount of money. As it stands, if its as good as it looks, i'll be running it at every Microcon this summer

As for a 40k LCG, we don't have enough players localy for the 3 lines they are already producing, a fourth would be overkill

talsine said:

As for a 40k LCG, we don't have enough players localy for the 3 lines they are already producing, a fourth would be overkill

As much as I would also like a 40K LCG, I'm gonna have to agree with the overkill sentiment.

Trump said:

Whether or not I agree with any of the whining, it certainly has as much place on these forums as the gushing uninformed praise from koolaid-drinking FFG fanboys. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hey! I think I resemble that remark! *sips on his kool aid.*

I'm definitely intrigued by this game, I must admit. I don't own any edition of Space Hulk, although I have enough 40k minis I could probably play a reasonably close approximation using Doom tiles and whatever edition of 40k rules I have lying around for combat. I'm generally unwilling to buy Space Hulk (especially at the ridiculously steep prices I keep seeing) because of this, but Death Angel looks like it could do the trick for much cheaper and without using as much storage space on my shelf.

And since the artwork depicts Blood Angels, it's like they come pre-painted just for me. =)

Having said all that, I think I'll wait until the game is actually out and I see some reviews before I go out and buy it. I love FFG games in general, but I'm not quite raving zealot enough to allocate the money before I know for sure what it's like.

The pre-published items on the game are great, but to be honest. There is nothing like a good old fashioned heated Frag toss on the Space Hulk board. I bought two copies when the third edition came out. Still haven't had the chance to put them together in a five person game. I will buy this one too. But just bring on the genestealers, my marines are ready.