Co-operative Space Hulk!

By JerusalemJones, in Death Angel

Glad to see FFG coming out with more co-op games, and one based on an amazing property no less. I am definitely going to pick this one up when it comes out, and the $25 price point is well worth it. Plus, anything designed by Corey K. gets my attention.

Here's hoping we get more games like this.

25 $ sounds a little expensive for less than 150 cards. Red november has the same price tag, comes in the same box and the box is filled completely. Of course we don't have the complete component list yet, but if it just has the 150 cards, a die and the three cardboard markers shown at product image 20$ would be more apporpriate, compared to FFG's other games. Well we will see. But I agree with the OP, those small games are nice.

A game (for me at least) can't only be measured by its contence, but also the gameplay is very important. So if it is a great game, I won't hesitate paying the $25. That is actually not that much for a game.

I'll keep my eye on this.

Don't mistake me, I judge games also mainly on their play value. But if this is really the complete content of the box, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the components. I will still most likely buy it since it is still a pretty cheap game if your usual FFG purchases are in the big or box line.

A complete game with Games Workshop's blessing for under $25...Surely this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse!

It is nice to see this in the Silver Line category, and even nicer to see it be solo playable.

I'll be watching this one. The only other co-op card game that comes to mind is The Isle of Doctor Necreaux and that one's a bit lame. I suppose Shadows Over Camelot is arguably a co-op card game too.

I'm more excited about this than the real Space Hulk 3rd Edition. I love how it is random and soloable!

Defiinitely buying this sucker!!!

So, considering that a booster of M:TG cards costs $5 on Amazon (for 15 cards)...

$25 makes 75 cards.

At Amazon's discounted prices.

$25 for 150 cards, 1 die, and a half dozen counters (I counted 7 in the Description page picture), *not* at Amazon's price (which will likely be @ $20) isn't bad at all.

Just saying.

Aw, come on! The price is absolutely fine!! You know you will be able to get it online for $16 or $18.

Anyway, this is just what I was waiting for - an interesting themed, pocket size game that I can carry around and explain the rules to anyone in a couple of minutes! Great stuff for travelling, music fests and camping!

Hooray for more Space Hulk! Love the 40k IP but not willing to spend the money for minis. That and GW is a bit dirt-baggish. Still that wont keep me from buying Space Hulk (board game) once I can find a copy at a decent price!

Excited for the game!

They use the art and the background of the boardgame (which I own). Why should I buy this ?

They should have used the energy for this thing for a 40K-LCG.

I know I will picking it up for sure. Space Hulk without the lugging around all the bits. happy.gif And up to six people!

Frank6 said:

They use the art and the background of the boardgame (which I own). Why should I buy this ?

I'm glad this is not an LCG. I don't want to buy expansions (cards) every month or triple buy the core game.

Frank6 said:

Well, it plays faster than the boardgame, and take up less space. So, if you're looking for a fast or travel version, this would be great. Personally, I'm glad to see FFG make more co-op games, as those are pretty much the kind of games my wife likes. Playing in an hour, supporting from 1 to 6 players, sounds excellent and easy to take places. Assuming it comes out before Gencon, I'll probably bring it with me (for example).

I'm glad this is not a CCG or LCG and it is Silver-Line. There will probably be no expansions which is good. It looks like it really has the Space Hulk theme down and uses 3rd Edition art and characters so frankly, this is a faster version of Space Hulk that takes up less space!

Since it is so cheap, I plan to buy 2 copies. One to play, and one to bust out 10 years from now when I have trashed this one from playing it so many times.

I bet the game is only like $17.50 online anyway!

Frog said:

I bet the game is only like $17.50 online anyway!

This doesn't matter, nearly every game is discounted online. I'm just saying that the MSRP seems high compared to FFG's other games. If the artwork is typical FFG/GW and it features a lot of distinctive artworks like it will be worth it (from a components point of view ;) ).

The thing is not even out yet and we already have people whining about the price, the concept, the art ... You don't like it (without even knowing much about the game anyway)? Who cares! Don't buy it! The price is the same as the other games they sell in this format - that doesn't mean they're obliged to provide the exact same amount of physical 'things' inside each box! And who told you FFG are not going to surprise us with an autumn release of a full fledged 40k LCG? They DID say we should expect more LCG's coming out THIS YEAR!! For a while I thought it was going to be a new format for UFS, but now I'm almost sure they're working on a 40k LCG to complete their line of Warhammer products. They have WH fantasy RPG, LCG, board game & silver line card game ... and now they also have a 40k RPG, board game & silver line game ... leaving only the LCG slot open!

Iffo said:

The thing is not even out yet and we already have people whining about the price, the concept, the art ... You don't like it (without even knowing much about the game anyway)? Who cares! Don't buy it!

Whether or not I agree with any of the whining, it certainly has as much place on these forums as the gushing uninformed praise from koolaid-drinking FFG fanboys. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Frog said:

There will probably be no expansions which is good.

I totally expect to see expansions. I'd be very surprised if this was a one-off release.

Trump said:

Whether or not I agree with any of the whining, it certainly has as much place on these forums as the gushing uninformed praise from koolaid-drinking FFG fanboys. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Where did you see any praise for this? A few people including myself are excited about this release (yeah, I like the flavour and the format... can't say anything about the actual game obviously) but that's all. On the other hand we do have people bashing the thing without knowing squat about it.

Not saying who should post their opinion and who should not, but I have the right to be irritated by some people's constant moaning, right?

By the Emperor!

I love the game already.

Can't wait it's release.

Iffo said:

On the other hand we do have people bashing the thing without knowing squat about it.

Not saying who should post their opinion and who should not, but I have the right to be irritated by some people's constant moaning, right?

It's Blood Angels and Tyranids and nothing new (maybe GW doesn't allow more). That's a fact.

Is this going to be 1-6 players from just 1 box? I think so and looking at the description page it seems so. Okay, so to me that doesn't really matter (since I'm pretty much maxed at 2-player anyways), but curious.

Iffo said:

Absolutely! That's my point.

Looks fun. In time I'm certain to get this one!