Number of supported card pools?

By Wh0isTh3D0ct0r, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

15 minutes ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

The point is that you can't seem to stomach the idea of someone disagreeing with you, so you have to keep saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, ad nauseam.

“final comment” haha I lied :)

I’m not even sure when either of us have disagreed with one another? As I say, it’s not even clear what your point is anymore.

And your initial point (about completion/the game’s ability to support 4 players) has been discussed aplenty throughout the thread.

3 minutes ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

“final comment” haha I lied :)

I’m not even sure when either of us have disagreed with one another? As I say, it’s not even clear what your point is anymore.

And your initial point (about completion/the game’s ability to support 4 players) has been discussed aplenty throughout the thread.

A.) “Support” and “fully support” are not the same thing.

B.) Fully supporting four players is only one of many considerations.

I’m looking at the big picture, while you are focusing on specific details of what I posited. I added up all the considerations and finally decided “pass.” The more people whose panties get in a twist about that, the more I feel my decision was the right one.

3 minutes ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

I’m looking at the big picture, while you are focusing on specific details of what I posited. I added up all the considerations and finally decided “pass.” The more people whose panties get in a twist about that, the more I feel my decision was the right one.

Right, it’s just that you said that ‘the game doesn’t support 4 players’ which isn’t true. Obviously I’d argue it does even ‘fully support’ 4 players and what you’re describing is an exhaustive and unnecessary level of completion that has diminishing returns and requires lots of unnecessary purchases. But clearly, you do you boo.

And again, I can’t stress enough - what some strangers say on a forum should have literal relevance to a co-op LCG player at home. Also note that I’ve never intended to be antagonistic here - just simply unclear what your argument was / was aiming to counter the idea that the game doesn’t support 4 players.

Regardless, happy gaming :)

27 minutes ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

I just hope you realize that this was not the way you came across in this discussion at all. If you want to pass on the game, that's totally cool. Not every game will be for everyone. What you instead were doing was harping on the idea that FFG should have made the game "fully supported" for four players, ignoring the fact that it is if you buy double, which is virtually equivalent to if FFG made the game fully four player and just doubled the cost of every pack.

If you don't want to buy the game because you think it looks dull, or aren't interested in the mechanics, then by all means don't buy it. We really truly don't care.

You made this thread, nobody sought you out for your opinion on the subject. If you didn't want that opinion to be challenged then why post it on a forum unsolicited?

1 hour ago, iJiminy said:

I’d like to be the first to welcome our new overlord. All hail jonboyjon1990!! Long may they reign!!

ALL HAIL THE CHAMPION

30 minutes ago, ScottieATF said:

You made this thread, nobody sought you out for your opinion on the subject. If you didn't want that opinion to be challenged then why post it on a forum unsolicited?

I wanted a discussion. I got it. Some feedback useful. A lot of it not. Then I made up my mind. Then people got butt-hurt that I didn't decide what they wanted me to decide.

32 minutes ago, Supertoe said:

If you don't want to buy the game because you think it looks dull, or aren't interested in the mechanics, then by all means don't buy it. We really truly don't care.

Your replies show me that you do care.

56 minutes ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Right, it’s just that you said that ‘the game doesn’t support 4 players’ which isn’t true. Obviously I’d argue it does even ‘fully support’ 4 players and what you’re describing is an exhaustive and unnecessary level of completion that has diminishing returns and requires lots of unnecessary purchases. But clearly, you do you boo.

And again, I can’t stress enough - what some strangers say on a forum should have literal relevance to a co-op LCG player at home. Also note that I’ve never intended to be antagonistic here - just simply unclear what your argument was / was aiming to counter the idea that the game doesn’t support 4 players.

Regardless, happy gaming :)

I never said that the game doesn't support four players. I asked the question "How well does it support four players?" I eventually got my question answered. So then I made my decision. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Edited by Wh0isTh3D0ct0r
On 10/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

I'm not asking for anything. Again you're missing the point. Stop being combative and go read the entire thread.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:40 PM, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

That's on me for not clarifying that passive aggressiveness and Last Word Syndrome also count as combativeness.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:37 AM, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

For the last time, stop with your combative responses, or I will report you. No more warnings.

12 hours ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

The thing is, the more you all push this idea of “How dare you not be as excited as me?!” the more I don’t want to play this game. So, keep the comments coming. I need all the excuses I can get to spend my money elsewhere.

I think this might've had something to do with why people "don't understand a simple question".

21 minutes ago, Supertoe said:

I think this might've had something to do with why people "don't understand a simple question".

Was the point of this comment to be a complete @# #? If so, then mission accomplished.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:29 PM, IceHot42 said:

It seems the information in this thread is not very precise and is lacking in a lot of details.

So first of all decks are between 40-50 cards with advantages and disadvantages to both extremes.

There are 5 different Heroes to choose from

Each Hero comes with its own set of deck-required 15 Signature Cards

There are 4 Aspects to choose from. Each player can only choose 1 per deck. Each Aspect has 19 cards some are 3x, some are unique and can be only 1x per deck, while others are max 2 per deck.

There are also 11 Neutral cards ( x4 players = 44 ).

If you have done the math that is 45 cards (per player available for deck construction). Not even enough to build a full 50 card deck unless another player goes down to a minimum 40 card deck.

As far as deck constructing goes (in a 4-player pool) there are significant limitations from a single Core Set. Counting primary options you have 20 (5*4) + 12 (4*3) + 6 (3*2) +2 (2*1) = 40 (4-player) build options. That may seem like a lot but it also seems amazingly stale as the 3rd deck builder only gets 1 of 6 choices and the 4th deck builder gets only 2 choices.

From that point since you are potentially only trading a few cards or cutting up to 5 cards there is, in actuality, very little deck crafting until SEVERAL expansions come out.

Now that suits me personally just fine for now (as I approximate a play group of 3 players), but I think I would get 2 core sets so that I dont feel handcuffed as the 3rd deck builder.

It’s 20*12*6*6 options, not 20*12*6.

So, 8,640 permutations between 3 players. (That’s because if you rotate the same decks, you’ll get a different play experience, as players aren’t the same people.)

So, yeah, that’s more variety in the core then you (or anyone else) will even be able to play test in their groups time.

edit: to be clear, that’s at least 8,640. Any minor card variation is of course going to grant you different decks and different play experiences.

Edited by Derrault