What's new at your favorite Star Wars: Armada wiki

By Triangular, in Star Wars: Armada

Greetings, fellow commander!

From time to time I read posts about where to find certain rules or complaints about missing an all-include rule book. Time to explore the Star Wars: Armada wiki !

You will always find the newest content at " Wiki Activity " if you open the drop-down menue "Explore" in the headline. But from time to time I will report about the content you will now find there or about new ways to navigate there. Maybe I will ask for content, as I have no better access to game material than any of you.

I hope you all benefit from the work that is done at the wiki and wish good battles!

Since yesterday I have a pdf of the RitR. So I start now to integrate the new campaign rules to the wiki. Unfortunately that will take some time.

You will already find for example all Commander Abilities besides the Campaign Objectives for Task Force Commanders there. Today I added the objectives for Pivotal Battles .

2 hours ago, Triangular said:

Since yesterday I have a pdf of the RitR. So I start now to integrate the new campaign rules to the wiki. Unfortunately that will take some time.

You will already find for example all Commander Abilities besides the Campaign Objectives for Task Force Commanders there. Today I added the objectives for Pivotal Battles .

Great stuff! Glad to have these things available!

Theres a reason why I include a link to this wiki in my SWAE videos starting a few months ago. I always start my research there.

Edited by Karneck

Thanks for the hard work! @Triangular

https://starwars-armada.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Pivotal_Battle_Objectives

• 4 Fleets (2 per team) : Use a 3' x 6' play area with a 3' x 6' setup area . Use the standard core set obstacles adding or removing obstacles as directed by the objective card. Then place obstacles as normal.
  • 6 Fleets (3 per team) : Use a 3' x 6' play area with a 3' x 4' standard setup area. (The setup area becomes the entirety of the play area). Add the two dust field obstacles to the available obstacles. Then place obstacles as normal.

Just wanted to clarify, but under pivotal battles, is the 4fleets setup area supposed to be swapped with the 6 fleets setup area? It seems the bracketed phrase in the 6 fleet ruling suggests that the setup area and play area are the same which should be 3' x 6'?

12 hours ago, Muelmuel said:

Thanks for the hard work! @Triangular

https://starwars-armada.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Pivotal_Battle_Objectives

• 4 Fleets (2 per team) : Use a 3' x 6' play area with a 3' x 6' setup area . Use the standard core set obstacles adding or removing obstacles as directed by the objective card. Then place obstacles as normal.
  • 6 Fleets (3 per team) : Use a 3' x 6' play area with a 3' x 4' standard setup area. (The setup area becomes the entirety of the play area). Add the two dust field obstacles to the available obstacles. Then place obstacles as normal.

Just wanted to clarify, but under pivotal battles, is the 4fleets setup area supposed to be swapped with the 6 fleets setup area? It seems the bracketed phrase in the 6 fleet ruling suggests that the setup area and play area are the same which should be 3' x 6'?

Thank you! A paste and copy failure. That's now corrected.

If you find things like that you can also handle it yourself. It's a wiki and all readers can contribute.

Today Rebellion in the Rim's Strategic Effects were added to the wiki.

It is quite interesting to compare with the Corellion Conflict! It seems as there will be less Strategic Effect tokens in the game but more variety, because each will be of more value than in CC (except for the repair yards which have been awfully effective).

Ally seems to be effective but very rare in the game.

Destiny seems to be fun. Tossing a die reminds me of Lando ...

Spynet remained nearly the same. Only difference is that you can keep your unused tokens.

Skilled Spacers is of indirect use, because you can make more units veteran. Restriction to 1 unit/battle is good to me. (No changes for veteran units.)

Diplomats now seem to have more of an impact granting a benefit for battle in a whole area through "Condition" cards.

Resources are to get rid of "Condition".

Edited by Triangular
On 10/5/2019 at 9:56 PM, Triangular said:

Thank you! A paste and copy failure. That's now corrected.

If you find things like that you can also handle it yourself. It's a wiki and all readers can contribute.

Oh I see, haha I hadn't considered that. Sure!

You'll now find the necessary infos to start the RitR campaign !

You'll now find some new images at the Star Wars Armada wiki, like: Strategic Effects tokens, Outer Rim Map Key , and example for moving obstacles .

There are now over 250* instructive videos waiting for you at your favorite Star Wars: Armada wiki!

Thank you, @Karneck and @Irokenics for providing content!

* Yes, it's 251! 😁

Thank you so much for linking to my videos! I know it generates a lot of traffic both ways

I watch Karneck's videos all the time. For new players they are awesome. He breaks down card usage and just about every way the card is used. Great job on the vids!

@ArmadaMatt does a great job scanning cards and tokens. Older and blurred images at the wiki will be replaced time after time. Today the worst 12 pictures have been renewed, being new cards like Ravager and Director Krennic and classics like Boosted Comms and Projection Experts .

You find an overview for all (new) images here .

There's a small typo on the Purrgil page:

The purrgil is an obstacle. An attack is obstructed if line of sight is traced through the station token.

Thank you for your amazing work, great site!

@ArmadaMatt is a hero!

4 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

@ArmadaMatt is a hero!

Haha, thanks! To be fair, I'm just piggybacking off of the immense work that @Triangular and others have done for the wiki.

I'm coming from the world of Magic the Gathering. I know Armada will never be nearly as popular or have as extensive a community as MTG has. However, I hope that we can at least develop resources for players that come close.

There are already excellent fleet builders. The wiki is a wonderful compendium of info. Blogs like CGYSO have fantastic strategy advice. And @Crabbok and @Karneck provide us fantastic video content.

I'm sure there are many others I'm missing as I'm still discovering content creators. The point is, let's keep creating and developing so that this game we love so much has an inviting, welcoming, and established community for new players to go as deep as they wish to go!

Sadly, FFG doesn't always seem to be on the same page as this (lack of communication, inconsistent support for the game). I am sure that isn't due to a lack of passion on behalf of the game devs, but rather probably a byproduct of being a smaller company (few hundred?) and corporate structure. B ut we can always be hopeful for improvement on their end and give them a reason to want to support the community more!

Gar Saxon and 10 other squadrons got a face lift.

I'm curious to learn more about the Starhawk and Onager today but won't be able to put things at the wiki before tomorrow.

598 pages at the wiki. On Monday we'll crack the 600!

Nadiri Starhawk seems to be complete with the info we know now.

All tokens for the Rebellion in the Rim campaign now have good scans.

All Onager-class cards are online. Some hints for the new rules regarding Ignition Attacks and Targeting Token. (Thanks to @Freakinunoriginal for his help! Don't know under which name he's here at the forum.) We now count 604 entries for cards, ships and rules of the game!

And @ArmadaMatt finished his scan job! No more blurred card images at the wiki! And he made us a better Fleet Command icon. Well done!