Nantex Battle Reports

By Magnus Grendel, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Vs Dengar, Torani, Fenn (or how the Nantex performs if your dice are horrible)

This list can deal lots of damage so I had to block well and get lots of bullseye shots in my first engagement.

zdh46Gx.jpg

So Dengar and Torani wanted to joust. I was fine with that. Dengar was the primary target because of his ability and because he is pretty expensive. 5 straight to keep Fenn out of the fight.

BLlZz2Y.jpg

I want lots of bullseyes on Dengar next round. If you’re flying along the board edge and dial in a 3 bank you have enough space to barrel roll. So both Nantex on the Right will do that. The others will 4 straight. Yellow will just go 2 straight and then barrel roll left to get bullseye.

WoasSiL.jpg

The good news first. Dengar ended up in 5 bullseyes and died. But rolled 3 crits with no mods and 3 hits again with no mods. Pink blanked and died due to toranis ability. The second shot hit another Nantex who blanked as well. Torani rolled three hits with no mods and finally my Nantex evaded. Fenn rolled two crits and one hit against yellow which blanked. This round felt horrible. I traded Dengar for one full and three half Nantex.

EB2mwE8.jpg

I sent the Nantex around Torani while yellow blocked Fenn. But Fenn didn't care. He rolled 3 hits and blue blanked-BOOOM! The other Nantex brought Torani down to 2 hp (he already lost his shields last round).

bCNhvLr.jpg

Fenn turned in a killed black but drooped down to 1hp remaining. Torani missed.

cr6ydO8.jpg

Final round: Fenn couldn't escape and Torani died, too. Win

Conclusion: My green dice were bad. Since I started playing this list I haven't lost a single game which is insane. This was the first game I would consider to be really close. SoeEven if your green dice will fail this list still performs (at least in this match).

The power of this list is beyond me.

One side note: Bohan Li won GSP Corellia with this list. I am from Germany and heard more and more people talking about the power of the Nantex lately. Now with Bohans win the Nantex isn't a sleeper anymore. I guess we will see it a lot in the future (which is sad because I don't like to play lists everyone does but this is my problem)

Edited by Ryuneke
On 8/20/2020 at 7:17 PM, Ryuneke said:

After more practice games I played a TTS tournament flying 6 Nantex.

Petranaki Arena Ace + Crack Shot + Predator /
Petranaki Arena Ace + Crack Shot /

We only played 3 rounds.

1st round against 3 IG's

I have a 2 point bid so I gave him the initiative. So I basically had 6 "aces" flying around who don't care about getting blocked. There wasn't much my opponent could have done in this match. I played really aggressive and was able to kill IG-B in the first round of the engagement with 4 bullseye arcs lined up. 6 Crack Shots are soooooo good and terrifying. Win 200-81

2nd round against Serissu, Sunny, and 5 Mining Ties with Crack Shot

I really like this list. We jousted each other because I was pretty sure to kill some ships before they can shoot. Serissu did no damage and 3 Nantex killed her in return. The other 3 Nantex killed a Tie. The was pretty much game. I lost 2 Nantex because of Crack Shot but my opponent had no chance to win this game after the first engagement. Win 200 - 81

3rd round against Poe, Rey, Greer

This list a really high damage output. I wanted to kill Rey so I gave Poe and Greer my flank. Lost 2 Nantex in the first two rounds but Rey had only 3 hp left and died one round later. The bump party started and Poe wasn't able to get away. Greer killed one more Nantex and halfed another one but wasn't able to win the game all by herself. Win 159-132

I won the tournament and was really happy about it.

Conclusion:

- This list is insane. It's one of the strongest list I played since the 2.0 release. Just some thoughts why this archetype performs so well:

1) The most important thing is the surprise effect. Your opponents probably haven't seen the Nantex without Ensnare and not 6 of them. They have no idea what they can do.

2) The high initiative will win games for you.

3) tractor+rotate+focus gives you so many range 1 shots and such good blocking potential

4) You have 6 ships with 3 agility

5) Creating killboxes isn't that difficult if you have the bullseye arc and the side arc available

6) The list still performs very well if you lose 2 Nantex

7) You have a 2 point bid

😎 You can force your opponent making tough decision: Tractor full Hp Nantex and don't tractor a damaged Nantex. Your opponent could end up shooting the healthy one because it's tractored.

Congratz, your list just won Galaxies

7 hours ago, KettchGER said:

Congratz, your list just won Galaxies

This 6 Nantex list looks ridiculous. Petranaki Aces got 8 pts discount (per ship) a month ago. What were they thinking??!

7 minutes ago, alkemist said:

This 6 Nantex list looks ridiculous. Petranaki Aces got 8 pts discount (per ship) a month ago. What were they thinking??!

Take a look here: https://tabletop.to/gsp-worlds-qualifier-corellia-pdtutc-7/lists
Nantex are everywhere in the Top Cut