Product List

By Mon no Oni, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

1 hour ago, FearLord said:

I expect we’ll see some Guardians stuff before too long, but there’s some speculation that campaigns might contain one or more infinity stones with a bit of a build up to a Thanos expansion at some point in the future...

that would be thematic with Red Skull and the Tesseract

Does anyone think the alter-ego/hero mechanism might actually limit future playable characters? It works fine for many of the heroes on Earth but for a franchise like Guardians, there's only one character that kind-of has an alter-ego (Peter Quill/Star Lord). Drax, Gamora, Groot, and Rocket are just...themselves, right? My suspicion is that a Guardians deck would have Star Lord as the main character with the other Guardians as allies (or possibly treated like upgrades that have increased synergy when they're all out like Black Panther). But that does a disservice to some other really great characters. Has this issue been addressed?

34 minutes ago, mike8104 said:

Does anyone think the alter-ego/hero mechanism might actually limit future playable characters? It works fine for many of the heroes on Earth but for a franchise like Guardians, there's only one character that kind-of has an alter-ego (Peter Quill/Star Lord). Drax, Gamora, Groot, and Rocket are just...themselves, right? My suspicion is that a Guardians deck would have Star Lord as the main character with the other Guardians as allies (or possibly treated like upgrades that have increased synergy when they're all out like Black Panther). But that does a disservice to some other really great characters. Has this issue been addressed?

I think they'll just come up with a different way for the Obligation cards to work. Those are the only functional reason so far that the AE and Hero cards really need different names. That or using stuff like titles for one side or that other will work for some characters (Drax/"The Destroyer").

Edited by SpiderMana
1 hour ago, mike8104 said:

We’ve essentially already seen this issue with Thor. I don’t think it would be too onerous to reflect the Guardians in the same way...

1 hour ago, mike8104 said:

Drax (sort of has Arthur Douglas)

Major Victory (has Vance Astrovik)

Aleta/Starhawk

Updated with "GenCon" stuff

On 7/29/2020 at 11:07 AM, mike8104 said:

In case you missed it, Rocket and Groot have the exact same name on Hero and Alter Ego. So. It's kindof a moot point.

And really the only thing affected by this is that their obligations can't follow the cookie cutter pattern we've seen so far (which is good, because there's only so much interesting variety within that pattern).

On 7/28/2020 at 1:49 PM, Elrad said:

I guess that depends whether Marvel Champions is closer to 616 or MCU. In 616 Red Skull has the Cosmic Cube which isnt an Infinity Stone.

On 7/28/2020 at 12:49 PM, Elrad said:

29 minutes ago, IceHot42 said:

I guess that depends whether Marvel Champions is closer to 616 or MCU. In 616 Red Skull has the Cosmic Cube which isnt an Infinity Stone.

Yeah, from what we've seen it's not the Tesseract.

Red Skull's main scheme has flavor text mentioning the Reality Stone.

so they took the Comics path, why not, it's a richer one :-)

updated up to the Quicksilver article

So is it true this month and December will be double up months?:

October (Kang + Ant/Giant-Man)

December (Twins: Scarlet Witch + Quicksilver)

31 minutes ago, IceHot42 said:

So is it true this month and December will be double up months?:

October (Kang + Ant/Giant-Man)

December (Twins: Scarlet Witch + Quicksilver)

The most recent release schedule I've seen, which admittedly is third-hand information posted on BGG, is:

• November: Ant-Man
  • December: no releases
  • January: Wasp
  • February: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
  • March: Galaxy's Most Wanted

Apparently this was shared with Marvel Champions content creators by FFG and was okayed for sharing with the wider community. I guess only time will tell if it is accurate.

No December release? Why, FFG, why? 😭

Weirdly long push back for Wasp as well - that’s like 3 months after they were originally intending to release her...

I kinda wish they put a scenario pack in the middle instead of right after a campaign box but that's my opinion.

Belated update, now up to Scarlet Witch

Updated with some leaks (more than half a years worth!) from an online catalog that is making the rounds on the internet. Looks legit to me (but what do I know?):

• MC17 - Star-Lord Hero Pack ***catalog leak
  • MC18 - Gamora Hero Pack ***catalog leak
  • MC19 - Drax Hero Pack ***catalog leak
  • MC20 - Venom Hero Pack ***catalog leak
  • MC21 - Titan's Shadow (WT) ***catalog leak
  • MC22 - Nebula Hero Pack ***catalog leak
  • MC23 - Warmachine Hero Pack ***catalog leak
  • MC24 - The Hood Scenario Pack ***catalog leak
  • MC25 - Valkyrie Hero Pack ***catalog leak
  • MC26 - Vision [Hero Pack?] ***catalog leak
  • MC27 - Sinister Motives Expansion ***catalog leak

Interesting points:

Tons of Guardians of the Galaxy Hero Packs for months to come after Galaxy's Most Wanted.

Eventually Venom, Warmachine (sic), Valkyrie and Vision Hero Packs

Only one Villain scenario in sight: The Hood.

Titan's Shadow has the same price point as the previous scenarios, but it is not identified as such. What does WT mean? Is it another kind of product? (***EDIT. As per Tonbo Karasu's suggestion below, this could well mean "working title". If that's the case, it makes sense that it's just another "scenario" (that is, campaign box). In fact, all these cosmic related heroes seem to be bookend-ed between Galaxy's Most Wanted and Titan's Shadow, which the later ending the cycle. Would this, then be the finale against Thanos and his Black Order, or just one more stepping stone, rising the stakes, towards an eventual further campaign being released even farther in the future?)

Sinister Motives is properly labeled as an scenario. Sinister Six maybe? (***EDIT Mutant villain Mr Sinister has been suggested too.)

No mutants or F4 in sight yet, maybe for the Q4 of 2021.

Edited by Mon no Oni

(WT) may be Working Title - as in, this is what we're calling it during development, but we've not necesarilly decided on the final name.

5 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

Eventually Venom, Warmachine (sic), Valkyrie and Vision Hero Packs

Bruh, I swear, if this is wrong, I'm going to legit cry my eyes out. This is so exciting!

I love Vision!

Edited by Venompuppy

Where do you get this data?

The truth is that I had decided not to buy the last campaign or the Guardians of the Galaxy hero packs because thematically it doesn't appeal to me too much ... but some of these packs are great!

I love that they have included WarMachine, another armor for my collection 😉 I would love that they were bringing out more, like the Iron-Man armor 'Silver Centurion', the MK IV, the Space Armor, the Hydro Armor, the Stealth Armor , MK VIII, Hulkbuster Armor, Modular Armor, SKIN Armor, Sentient Armor, Thorbuster, Cobalt man (he was called a villain for a season) ... all of them are different not only in appearance, they use different technologies and have different abilities.

For an Iron-Man fan it's great to have several of his armor available to choose from.

I love Vision too (the original one at last) and Venom can be fun ... but i have no idea what Titan's Shadow is...

That’s certainly an interesting list. Will be interesting to see if it matches what we see next - I could definitely see a Hood Scenario pack and a Vision hero pack.

Venom as a hero is an interesting choice - are we talking Flash Thompson as Agent Venom or more like a Eddie Brock ‘Lethal Protector’ kind of thing? Either way, he’s already in some villain art, so appearing first as a hero would certainly be a surprise move...

A Nebula hero back is also curious - this will be the first hero who is also available as a villain.

2 hours ago, FearLord said:

That’s certainly an interesting list. Will be interesting to see if it matches what we see next - I could definitely see a Hood Scenario pack and a Vision hero pack.

Venom as a hero is an interesting choice - are we talking Flash Thompson as Agent Venom or more like a Eddie Brock ‘Lethal Protector’ kind of thing? Either way, he’s already in some villain art, so appearing first as a hero would certainly be a surprise move...

A Nebula hero back is also curious - this will be the first hero who is also available as a villain.

That's one of the coolest things about this game. Depending on their background a character can appear as any combination of: hero, signature ally, aspect ally, basic ally, villain, minion, nemesis

Does anyone think that Titan's Shadow might be referencing the mad titan Thanos?

9 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

Does anyone think that Titan's Shadow might be referencing the mad titan Thanos?

It’s definitely a reference to Thanos. Whether it’s a product that includes him or just more foreshadowing in some way is debatable, but I’d probably expect it to include him...