Product List

By Mon no Oni, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

16 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

Sinister Motives is properly labeled as an scenario. Sinister Six maybe?

No mutants or F4 in sight yet, maybe for the Q4 of 2021.

Sinister Motives could be a reference to the Sinister Six or X-Men villain Mr. Sinister.

Venom might be the first one I pass on...Im not into anti-Heroes (for this game). Nebula fits in a similar boat.

Kind of surprising (and somewhat disappointing) for all those insisting number 4 had to be GotG related.

Vision is cool.

Im very iffy on who they plan on for Valkyrie ..

• Will they do Brunnhilde/Barbra Norris do we get an Original Defenders tie in
  • or perhaps Samantha Parrington the more prolific version
  • will we get Jane Foster (a prep for the Thor movie)
  • will we get the MCU version .

The later 2 would be more disappointing to me. I like the MCU version for the MCU but I would prefer the richer Defenders tie-ins of the first two.

22 minutes ago, Vlad3theImpaler said:

Sinister Motives could be a reference to the Sinister Six or X-Men villain Mr. Sinister.

or the far left field option Squadron Supreme.

11 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

Bruh, I swear, if this is wrong, I'm going to legit cry my eyes out. This is so exciting!

I love Vision!

off topic, but in the movies...what a disappointing run. He was awesome in Age of Ultron. Then a villain in Civil War who makes no sense (he shoots down War Machine and blames Falcon? "It is as I said...disaster" yes, because you shot your own side.) and taken out with one blow by a minor minion.

He seemed like he should have had his own trilogy and instead he is in 4 movies, 2 of which his role is "be on deaths door/die" and 1 he is a villain beginning to end.

2 hours ago, darthweasel2 said:

off topic, but in the movies...what a disappointing run. He was awesome in Age of Ultron. Then a villain in Civil War who makes no sense (he shoots down War Machine and blames Falcon? "It is as I said...disaster" yes, because you shot your own side.) and taken out with one blow by a minor minion.

He seemed like he should have had his own trilogy and instead he is in 4 movies, 2 of which his role is "be on deaths door/die" and 1 he is a villain beginning to end.

I agree, disappointing. I love the MCU, but they're honestly not that good of movies. I'll keep on watching them, and am indeed very excited about those Kang rumors, but it's just sad cause they've got so much potential.

Now, back on topic, I am so excited about all of these new heroes! Although I would much rather have the Winter Soldier and Falcon as heroes, but War Machine and Valkyrie work too. Although Valkyrie's a little weird of a choice to me. Is there no other female hero they could of chosen? Does she have a huge influence in the comics?

Also, the Hood? I know a little about him, but not much to be honest. Is anyone super excited about him, or is it more like "Hood, cool."?

Edited by Venompuppy
55 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

Although Valkyrie's a little weird of a choice to me. Is there no other female hero they could of chosen? Does she have a huge influence in the comics?

She does if they lean into the Defenders (a reason to tie-in the Squadron Supreme - Nighthawk).

My Understanding with the Hood (he was most relevant post-Civil War/Secret Invasion with the Initiative/HAMMER and Dark Reign)

Edited by IceHot42

Sinister Motives is a Mister Sinister box hopefully. Eggs-Men confirmed!?!

2 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

Now, back on topic, I am so excited about all of these new heroes! Although I would much rather have the Winter Soldier and Falcon as heroes, but War Machine and Valkyrie work too. Although Valkyrie's a little weird of a choice to me. Is there no other female hero they could of chosen? Does she have a huge influence in the comics?

Also, the Hood? I know a little about him, but not much to be honest. Is anyone super excited about him, or is it more like "Hood, cool."?

Hood is essentially the primary Avengers antagonist during the Bendis years, so he’s a reasonably big deal. I’m excited for him.

They’ve probably hit most of the major female Avengers already to be fair - while there are lots of others, they’re mostly fairly minor characters (and lots are already allies...) Photon I guess. Sersi maybe (although she’s more linked with the Eternals)...

1 hour ago, FearLord said:

Hood is essentially the primary Avengers antagonist during the Bendis years, so he’s a reasonably big deal. I’m excited for him.

They’ve probably hit most of the major female Avengers already to be fair - while there are lots of others, they’re mostly fairly minor characters (and lots are already allies...) Photon I guess. Sersi maybe (although she’s more linked with the Eternals)...

I would like Photon/Pulsar or Sersi

In addition there are some reasonably good go-to's for West Coast Avengers...

• Mockingbird
  • Tigra

Some of the other mid-minor characters

• Jocasta
  • Jessica Jones
  • Mantis
  • Moondragon

Also Avengers Academy (and that one from the GLA)

7 hours ago, IceHot42 said:

Venom might be the first one I pass on...Im not into anti-Heroes (for this game). Nebula fits in a similar boat.

Did you pass on Hawkeye or Black Widow? Will you pass on Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch? 🤓

23 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

(WT) may be Working Title - as in, this is what we're calling it during development, but we've not necesarilly decided on the final name.

That makes sense!

15 hours ago, aeixea said:

Where do you get this data?

As I mentioned, it's making the rounds on internet. The original links leads to a now unavailable page now, but someone cached it at posted it on Facebook. Probably it is in other places like reddit and such...

1 hour ago, Mon no Oni said:

As I mentioned, it's making the rounds on internet. The original links leads to a now unavailable page now, but someone cached it at posted it on Facebook. Probably it is in other places like reddit and such...

Most impressive.

16 hours ago, IceHot42 said:

Kind of surprising (and somewhat disappointing) for all those insisting number 4 had to be GotG related.

So Venom isn't always an anti-hero. Think of him more as Spider-Man who hates Spider-Man. A hero in every way, with the same ethics of Spider-Man, but he just hates Spider-Man. He has been portrayed this way in the comics more, way more, than the way he is usually portrayed in the movies or animated series.

But Venom has also come a long way, and Venom was a Guardian of the Galaxy for quite a while. Like a legit member of the team. So this is GotG related.

7 hours ago, DarthofZA said:

So Venom isn't always an anti-hero. Think of him more as Spider-Man who hates Spider-Man. A hero in every way, with the same ethics of Spider-Man, but he just hates Spider-Man. He has been portrayed this way in the comics more, way more, than the way he is usually portrayed in the movies or animated series.

But Venom has also come a long way, and Venom was a Guardian of the Galaxy for quite a while. Like a legit member of the team. So this is GotG related.

I think it is smart for them to make Venom as he definitely has an appeal. That appeal just isnt for me personally.

Perhaps I am just too influenced by his Pre-Maximum Carnage stuff as well as his Mac Gargan run. From the limited stuff I have seen of him...

• He is filled with bloodlust.
  • He needs a villain more awful then himself to be a hero.
  • He is psychologically abusive to his host.

He is the key feature on the Assault card with quote " Die! "

I prefer his role as a villain.

We all have are personal tastes these are just mine.

I also am less or uninterested in Hero versions of...

• Deadpool - Humorous but uninteresting to me as a hero.
  • Punisher - A hero who I enjoy much more as a story element then a feature hero or as a Marvel Knight .
  • Ghost Rider - the whole Spirit of Vegence thing plays out pretty quickly for me.

Those 3 at some point need to be Heroes as well they just wont be ones that I sleeve up. Although the later two I really hope we get as allies .

As for Nebula somebody is really going to have to explain that to me beyond an MCU plot necessitated redemption arc.

3 hours ago, IceHot42 said:

As for Nebula somebody is really going to have to explain that to me beyond an MCU plot necessitated redemption arc.

Maybe Nebula's hero pack will have her own victory condition(s) that necessitate working with the rest of the team on some things and sabotaging others, a la Cylons in the Battlestar Galactica board game, Impostors in Among Us, the Renegade role in Bang!, and so on. Highly unlikely given Champions' place as the 'quick and easy' co-op game but very fun to speculate on.

Champions isn't a 1:1 clone of the 616 Marvel universe. That's obviously the main source, but it's basically yet another alternate universe where some things are the same and some are different.

That said, I do also think that Venom, Punisher, and a few other characters work better for me as antagonists rather than heroes.

I just realized that my name is Venompuppy and I haven't even talked about Venom yet. 😂 He's a good character, probably one of my favorites. But the name has to do with an old inside joke involving a custom lego videogame character.

But yeah, I'm excited for this new list of characters. I would love to know what Venom's alter ego is. Same with Valkyrie. And Vision, wow. 😅

1 hour ago, Vlad3theImpaler said:

Champions isn't a 1:1 clone of the 616 Marvel universe. That's obviously the main source, but it's basically yet another alternate universe where some things are the same and some are different.

That said, I do also think that Venom, Punisher, and a few other characters work better for me as antagonists rather than heroes.

To be fair, I’d have rather had a Hulk scenario than a Hulk hero pack...

Venom especially I would have expect to be a villain rather than a hero (at least first - if Nebula is accurate, it looks like the won’t shy away from characters being on both sides of the line).

59 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

But yeah, I'm excited for this new list of characters. I would love to know what Venom's alter ego is. Same with Valkyrie. And Vision, wow. 😅

If Venom is a hero, I'm fairly certain it'll be Eugene "Flash" Thompson. Not only is Flash as Venom a super good guy, he is the Venom that is a Guardian of the Galaxy.

On 12/3/2020 at 4:52 PM, Mon no Oni said:

Hall of Heroes has a link under "Release Dates". From that, it looks like The Hood is a scenario, and both Titan's Shadow and Sinister Motives are priced as campaign expansions. I'm guessing that would make Titan's Shadow a Thanos box, and Sinister Motives a Sinister 6 campaign.

Overall, I'm excited about everything on that list. Even heroes I haven't ever really connected with (or heard of). Mostly it's because I like figuring out how their individual mechanics work. Each hero is like a puzzle, and I really love puzzles.

Asmodee strikes again - Amazon U.K. was selling Quicksliver earlier, even though it won’t be out until February...

Maaaaaaaaaan. These mistakes never seem to happen anywhere near me.