Bigging up the love for Runewars Miniatures kit

By Watercolour Dragon, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Flesh rippers are awesome creatures- but if you ever met one in the flesh (ripping) you'd have to hope it was like the 'dangerous' dogs thing- show no fear as fear= don't trust this hooman, me your friend, nice doggy

Runewars Lord Hawthorne mount used for custom class Gksozae's Cavalier

_bg.jpg?pub_secret=78318171f2
_side_mounted.jpg?pub_secret=d3af55874b _side.jpg?pub_secret=6999bf19bd _comp.jpg?pub_secret=2b65ba71b0

mounting.gif?pub_secret=214087f931

_cards.jpg?pub_secret=1cc6aef0d3

Edited by AwesomeTree_in_the_Dark

Wowzers AwesomeTree, those minis are beautiful!

Great custom class, g reat idea with the magnets, great printing, Great painting. Great everything! 🙌

Agreed great everything, even the card stands

Runewars Waiqar Infantry Command Unit Expansion necromancer used for Vorakesh proxy

__bg.jpg?pub_secret=f0e41887a9
__front.jpg?pub_secret=f33e13840b __back.jpg?pub_secret=f2696ed017 __comp.jpg?pub_secret=f9ede9af8b

Extra fun facts !

Instead of original artwork from Runebound:
vorakesh_runebound.jpg?pub_secret=80e3d7

I used one that Anna Christenson published on her ArtStation, but later on she deleted it . In this artwork "necromancer" is in purple and not in red, like in the official Runewars posts ( post 1 , post 2 ) :
vorakesh.jpg?pub_secret=0da4f1a6af vorakesh_runewars.png?pub_secret=8d3b8ab rwm01_skullarmy.jpg

Also the model is the same, but slightly tweaked sculp from the Battlelore 2nd edition Terrors of the Mists . However it is much more larger and detailed (real size matched, even though angle is not 100% correct):
__comp_battlelore.jpg?pub_secret=6678a92

Most matching artwork with this miniature is from Runeage , again in red:
runeage_necromancer.jpg?pub_secret=8d8e6

In the Runewars Miniature game he is just unnamed "necromancer" and main undead villain is Ankaur Maro . U sers though before the announcements that he will be Vorakesh and they were not that much wrong!
Jordan Kerbow artists of the new artwork named his artwork "jordan-kerbow-17045- lordvorakeshfoot -jordankerbow" in this post on ArtStation , so it was probably changed during the development:
jordan-kerbow-17045-lordvorakeshfoot-jor

I hear Vorakesh sometimes turns up around halloween too....

Fan projects :)

I don't know if this counts, but I have used Runewars Lord Hawthorne sword to replace Alric one 😅 now he has big-*** power sword!

__bg.jpg?pub_secret=4c87716726

__sword.jpg?pub_secret=f9670899e3 __front.jpg?pub_secret=591e2427cf __back.jpg?pub_secret=ff245828eb

I can now imagine him bringing out former sword, his rival approaching confidently, then him brandishing the big sword- mwahahaha want to mess with me now mortal?

It's quite a good match actually- well spotted to do that- https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/309762-fun-facts-in-descent/page/3/#comments

Do I now need to re-title this thread 'Bigging Up The Swords With Runewars Miniatures' :)

I wanted a Waiqar for my Descent project so am planning to use the Descent Ardus for RWM (as well as Descent and maybe Battlelore!) and the RWM Ardus with a sword from somewhere else (possibly a 'sword in the stone' I have) and a bit of green stuff creativity to make a Waiqar figure as with a bit of work Waiqar kind of works as just a bigger 'remix' of Ardus anyway.

Edited by Watercolour Dragon
title