D2e Card Viewer - Image Update Project

By any2cards, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

It does not. When I get done re-doing all of the cards (or when I need a break), I will get back to the Firefox issue. I actually created an extension for Firefox, it loaded just fine, but then didn't do ANYTHING. I am not sure why. I need time to get into the nuts of it to figure it out. It is on the list of things to look at !

As of September 1, 2019, the following Monster Cards (Front & Back)

Crow Hag
Crypt Dragon
Dark Minotaur
Dark Priest
Deep Elf
Demon Lord
Elemental
Ettin

As of September 3, 2019, the following Monster Cards (Front & Back)

Ferrox
Fire Imps
Flesh Moulder
Giant
Goblin Archer
Goblin Witcher
Golem
Harpy
Hellhound

As of September 4, 2019, the following Monster Cards (Front & Back)

Hybrid Sentinel
Ice Wyrm
Ironbound
Kobold
Lava Beetle
Manticore
Marrow Priest
Medusa
Merriod

As of September 5, 2019, all Monster Cards (Front & Back) have been completed.

I plan on taking a brief break from creating cards to work on issues with the Chrome extension and attempt to get the Firefox extension working.

On September 6, 2019, I spent the majority of the day working on the D2e Card Viewer, and some of the issues that have existed.

Well, I have good news and bad news.

The GOOD news ...

I think I have finally nailed down the viewing issues we have had ...

1) Cards sliding off screen
2) Jumping when links are at the bottom of the screen

I used ideas presented by @Felin , as well as some tweaks of my own, to make what I think will be the final solution. I loaded it locally and tested it on BGG, FFG, and with my Card Viewer test page. All worked fine.

Essentially, I did several things:

1) Shrunk the minimum container size to 180 px.
2) Removed both the minimum and maximum sizes of the image container, and allowed it to be fully dynamic.
3) Detected if a card would be displayed "off screen", and forced it to remain on screen.

It should be noted that number 3 above may result in the card being displayed OVER where the mouse is currently hovering, but it can't be helped.

The BAD news ...

There seems to be some sort of problem with the Chrome Web Store at the moment. I have been trying to publish version 2.5 (with all of the changes), and it is still in a state of "pending review". Normally, this takes no more than 1-5 minutes, but has lasted for more than 6 hours as of now.

I have submitted an issue to Google, and am waiting for their reply. When I can get it successfully published, I plan on having @Sadgit perform some tests, as he has run into multiple repeatable issues in the past.

I will let you know when I have successfully published a new version of the viewer.

The Google Chrome Web store finally published the D2e Card Viewer version 2.5. This should resolve all issues with cards moving off screen, with the screen jumping if a link is near the bottom of the screen, etc. I have asked @Sadgit and @Felin to do some of their own testing, as they directly experienced some of these issues.

Everything works for me.

Edited by any2cards

As of September 8, 2019, all Rumor cards have been completed.

As of September 10, 2019, all Search cards have been completed.

As of September 10, 2019, all Advanced Quest cards have been completed.

As of September 11, 2019, the following Plot Decks:

Burning Ambition
Cursed By Power
Dark Illusions
Dragon's Greed

As of September 12, 2019, the following Plot Decks:

Endless Thirst
Eternal Agony
First Legion
Goblin Uprising
Hybrid Loyalty
Inner Corruption

Edited by any2cards

As of September 13, 2019, the following Plot Decks:

Raging Infection
Seeds of Betrayal
Silent Protector
Skulduggery

As of September 14, 2019, all Plot Decks have been completed.

As of September 19, 2019 the following Agent cards (Front & Back):

A-Ardus Ix'Erebus
A-Ariad
A-Baron Zachareth
A-Belthir
A-Bol'Goreth
A-Gargan Mirklace
A-Kyndrithul

Edited by any2cards

As of September 20, 2019, the following Agent cards (Front & Back):

A-Lady Eliza Farrow
A-Lord Merick Farrow
A-Queen Ariad
A-Raythen
A-Rylan Olliven
A-Serena
A-Sir Alric Farrow
A-Skarn

As of September 21, 2019, all Agents (Front & Back) have been completed.

As of September 21, 2019, all Ally Skills have been completed.

As of September 21, 2019, all Allies have been completed.

As of September 22, 2019, all Allies (Front & Back) have been completed.

Edited by any2cards

As of September 23, 2019, all City Event Decks (Shadow of Nerekhall) have been completed.

As of September 23, 2019, all Corrupt Citizen cards have been completed.

Is it still in progress?

Yes. Just an FYI ... I am old and broken. 😀

I turned 78 a few months ago, and find that I am battling severe vertigo, dizziness, and nausea. Some days it is all I can do to get out of bed. When this is going on, and it is severe, it sometimes last days. There is no way to even look at a computer screen, let alone do competent work. So, I am taking a bit of a break as I try to recover from my latest battle.

@Felin and @Sadgit have been very kind to provide guidance, proof reading, double checking cards, etc. So in the past week or so, when I am up to it, I have been fixing and/or explaining any errors/changes that they may find.

I hope to get back to this shortly. I think I will be working on all of the relics next.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon!

I'll be your fan forever in this (and everything else)!

Edited by kbalazsa