me not sure if this question should be posted under the Deck Building section, but.....

By alisa231, in L5R LCG: Deck Building

....as someone who just recent got a start in a Living Card Game, in order to start a deck in Legend of the 5 Rings, can i pretty much get lost with buying one copy of like half the products available, or would i still need 3 core sets?

10 hours ago, alisa231 said:

....as someone who just recent got a start in a Living Card Game, in order to start a deck in Legend of the 5 Rings, can i pretty much get lost with buying one copy of like half the products available, or would i still need 3 core sets?

Depending on which clan you are interested in playing 2 cores and your factions clan pack (if its out) is probably enough for an okay deck, but you will want the 3rd core eventually.

Cycle packs priorities will vary depending on which clan you pick as some packs have very important cards for certain clans.

I'd suggest start playing around in one of the deck builder sites like Bushi Builder or Five Rings DB and see what cards catch your eye as that will inform you on which packs you likely need.