Inflight Report 2019

By Majushi, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

7 hours ago, thinkbomb said:

the expanded stories and exploration will definitely pick up after this 3rd film, for sure. good point

Its worth pointing out that there is still an avenue for storytelling between OT and ST.

EA's battlefront took place during/after RotJ, and Mandalorian also takes place in this time period.

I'm probably (by far) the most excited for the Mandalorian. Some of the casting there seems sublime!

16 hours ago, angelman2 said:

even though I would likely have to paint another gazillion Stormtroopers for that

But they aren't Stormtroopers... they are First Order troopers... totally different. And the First Order is totally different to the Empire... And Jakku is nothing like Tatooine, so it should probably have more desert tiles, 'cause we don't have enough of those...

Seriously though, I'd totally be up for ImpAss 2.0 with some ST stuff. I guess we'd have 4 factions for skirmish then? Hmm.

Would you rather have the stormtroopers come pre-painted? I would. Only 'cause I suck at painting... Does anyone ever modify the X-wing paint jobs? Or the ships themselves? I've seen some cool mods of IA figures.

20 hours ago, angelman2 said:

With the Sequel Trilogy wrapping up in December, it would become a lot easier to write games and stories set in this era. I for one hope we'll see an ImpAss 2.0 based around the ST stories and characters (even though I would likely have to paint another gazillion Stormtroopers for that... ohboy...). :D

I don’t know about seeing an ImpAss 2.0 based on the new movies, but you can look at the current state of the product and see an ImpAsse .

I’ll see myself out now...

4 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Would you rather have the stormtroopers come pre-painted? I would.

Actually, I think I would too, but only for Stormies. I like to paint the minies, but the Stormies are a pain in the youknowwhere!

7 hours ago, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Seriously though, I'd totally be up for ImpAss 2.0 with some ST stuff. I guess we'd have 4 factions for skirmish then?

Actually, I would think not. The Resistance and the New Republic would probably be rolled into one faction, just like the Kanjiklub, Guavian Death Gang, Crimson Dawn, every Hutt syndicate, Canto Bight weapons dealers and whatnot would likely all belong to the Merc faction, instead of a gazillion smaller factions.

Oh man, I SO want a ST flavored ImpAss 2.0 at this point! :D (Not that a PT one wouldn't be awesome, too. I love me some Battle Droids and Droidekas!)

Edited by angelman2

Loads of love and questions re IA on Andrews AMA forum. Wonder if he'll actually answer any....

20 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

Loads of love and questions re IA on Andrews AMA forum. Wonder if he'll actually answer any....

Wow! The IA question posts to Andrew are REALLY popular! If this reflects the game's popularity, FFG must've been mad to put it down. I hope this might lead to something good for IA :)

Edited by angelman2
6 hours ago, cleardave said:

I don’t know about seeing an ImpAss 2.0 based on the new movies, but you can look at the current state of the product and see an ImpAsse .

We need a "boooooo!!!" reaction added to this message board

On 8/22/2019 at 10:01 AM, cleardave said:

I just think ImpAss is a really funny abbreviation! Yeah, I'm 12 :P (Hint: More like 12+30)

7 hours ago, angelman2 said:

I just think ImpAss is a really funny abbreviation! Yeah, I'm 12 :P (Hint: More like 12+30)

This abbreviation is the only way our group refers to the game. ^^;