Core set news for UK players - 22 December, £8.99

By RobertIain, in CoC General Discussion

In today's Esdevium releases (they are probably the biggest distributor for games in the UK, so if you have a local games shop there is a VERY high chance they get stock from Esdevium!) -

Shipping for 22 December, Call of Cthulhu Card Game Core Set, RRP £8.99

www.esdeviumgames.com/newreleasesheets/December22nd2008web.pdf

So should be in your local store just before Christmas, with a little luck!

But is this for real because that seems really cheap for the core set. No?

Well, there's a link direct to the distributor's .pdf listing their rrp... Amazon.co.uk list it cheaper than that on their pre-order... what else can I suggest that might convince you? gui%C3%B1o.gif

I know it's a LOT less than the prices announced on the FFG shop site and in much of the pre-release advertising, but those are the prices being given by suppliers!

No, no, sorry, didn't mean to sound like I don't believe you! Not my intention happy.gif

I was thinking that maybe it's another error, like the Amazon pre-order (which is actually for an Asylum Pack, not the core set), where they are advertising the wrong thing.

By all means, I hope they are right, because it means that we get to play the game that much sooner!

Perhaps it's the 'rules lawyer' or gamer in me, overinterpreting, but here's a thought - today's front page of the Esdevium site now lists this core set, same price of £8.99

www.esdeviumgames.com/modules.php

But I notice no mention of miniatures as markers, or a board... Have FFG released a 'core' set of just the cards, and a full boxed 'board/pieces/shiny stuff' separately? I'd be very surprised, both because the 'code' listed on the Esdevium stuff is FFGCT18 which matches the FFG shop site, and there's been no mention at all of such a plan, but it could explain the price differentials...

Of course, all could be solved by an FFG appearance on the forums, but I'm getting a distinct impression company policy is that the 'community' doesn't actually include FFG preocupado.gif

This is an error. That price sounds like the right price for an Asylum Pack in the UK, not the core set, which is going to retail for $39.95 in the US. We have a call into Esdevium. Unfortunately, it is 10 pm in the UK right now so this won't be fixed until Monday morning.

Thank you,

Paul Bromen

FFG Card Game Line Coordinator

Dang...on this one I had no interest in being right. Too bad.

RobertIain said:

Of course, all could be solved by an FFG appearance on the forums, but I'm getting a distinct impression company policy is that the 'community' doesn't actually include FFG preocupado.gif

Lol, I think you've got that reversed. ;)

Bromen said:

This is an error. That price sounds like the right price for an Asylum Pack in the UK, not the core set, which is going to retail for $39.95 in the US. We have a call into Esdevium. Unfortunately, it is 10 pm in the UK right now so this won't be fixed until Monday morning.

Thank you,

Paul Bromen

FFG Card Game Line Coordinator

Thanks for appearing and clearing that up - even though it's not quite the answer I'd hoped for!

I know I've not been here long, but I was beginning to wonder if FFG ever 'spoke' (I know they read things, but seem not to reply much), I was beginning to wonder if they were modelled on Santa Claus - you never see him, but there are signs of his passing... gui%C3%B1o.gif

You mean FFG eats all our cookies and drinks our milk? :P

Kennon said:

You mean FFG eats all our cookies and drinks our milk? :P

And delivers once a year, if you are lucky ;)

I thought I had posted about this, but it seems to have vanished... odd.

Anyway, the starter came into my FLGS today. The owner only ordered the one due to the excessive £30 pricetag, thinking that no one would buy them at that price.

The cards are nice, and I warmed to the new white-border/new backs straight away. The ickle Cthulhu markers for domains are rather cool as well. All in all though, the contents are nice but not really at that price tag. Sorry, FFG but thats the way it is. I hope its not indictive of prices to come.

Mind telling us which cards were reprinted, The_Big_Show? I'd really like to hear.

Deck #1.

Agency.

Blackwood File Clerk.

Freelance Occultist.

G-Men.

Hired Muscle.

Kirby o’Donnell – Adventurer Abroad.

Local Sheriff.

Monster Hunter.

Paul Lemond – Tormented Psychic.

Peeler.

Professor Hermann Mulder – Bureau Consultant.

Steve Clarney – Soldier of Fortune.

Thomas F. Malone - Haunted Police Detective.

T-Men.

Undercover Security.

Patrol Wagon.

Short Fuse.

Shotgun Blast.

Shotgun.

Small Price to Pay.

Torch the Joint!

Working a Hunch.

Miskatonic.

Anthropology Advisor.

Dr. Ali Kafour – Middle Eastern Scholar.

Itinerant Scholar.

Laboratory Assistant.

Mad Genius.

Natural Philosopher.

Professor Albert Wilmarth – Folklore Expert.

Professor Nathanial Peaslee – Scholar of the Arcane.

Strange Librarian.

Student Archeologist.

Visiting Author.

Atwood Science Hall.

Binding.

Celano Fragments – The Life’s Work of Dr. Shrewsbury.

Dr. Carson’s Treatment.

Feast of Famine.

Open for Inspection.

Restless and Weary.

Unearthing the Ancients.

Syndicate.

Dr. Marius Bicknell Willet – Lost but Determined.

Jack “Brass” Brady – Steeped in Violence.

Richard Upton Pickmen – Genius Painter.

Neutral.

Freelance Agent.

Mystic Bounty Hunter.

Overzealous Initiate.

.45 Pistols.

Arkham Asylum.

Moving the Scenery.

Political Demonstration.

Stories.

Ancient Apocrypha.

Nowhere to Hide.

Opening Night.

The Call of Cthulhu.

The Shadow Out of Time.

Cthulhu.

Adult Deep One.

Cthulhu – The Great Old One.

Dagon – Father of the Deep.

Guardian Shoggoth.

Innsmouth Troublemaker.

Keeper of the Golden Path.

Lord of the Silver Twilight.

Mature Deep One.

Ocean Crawlers.

Ravager from the Deep.

Shadow Spawned Hunting Horror.

Young Deep One.

Deep One Ambush.

Get it Off!

Pulled Under.

Sacrificial Offerings.

Shadowed Reef.

Sleep of Reason.

Sword of Y’ha-tallo.

Touched by the Sleeper.

Shub-Niggurath.

Ancient Guardian.

Degenerate Ghoul.

Forest Sister.

Hungry Dark Young.

Mi-Go Scout.

Mi-Go Warrior.

Priestess of Bubastis .

Shub-Niggurath – The All Mother.

Slavering Gug.

Small Ghouls.

Watcher of the Woods.

Y’Golonac – The Obscenity.

Altar of the Blessed.

Bred to Survive.

Burrowing Beneath.

Ghoul Taint.

Horrid Mutation.

Regeneration.

Shadowed Woods.

Shocking Transformation.

Syndicate.

Bag Man.

Clover Club Bouncer.

Clover Club Torch Singer.

Neutral.

Dabbler in the Unknown.

Military Advisor.

Serpent from Yoth.

Eldritch Nexus.

Gentleman’s Club.

Inside Information.

Tcho-Tcho Talisman.

Stories.

Dreamwalkers.

Frozen in Time.

Rotting Away.

The Other Path.

Through the Gates.

Deck 3.

Hastur.

Bearer of the Yellow Sign.

Byakhee Servant.

Demon Lover.

Ghost.

Hastur – The King in Yellow.

Mad Artist.

Messenger from Beyond.

Performance Artist.

Predatory Byakhee.

Thing from the Stars.

Victoria Glasser – The Society Hostess.

Yellow Muse.

Agoraphobia.

Blind Submission.

Byakhee Attack.

Despair.

Power Drain.

Scotophobia.

Sedated.

Victoria ’s Loft.

Yog-Sothoth.

Arcane Initiate.

Cannibal Ghast.

Disciple of the Gate.

Fishers from Outside.

Guardian Elder Thing.

Hound of Tindalos.

Living Mummy.

Servant from Out of Time.

Servant of Nodens.

Son of Yeb.

Spellbound Shoggoth.

Yog-Sothoth – In Whom the Spheres Meet.

A Single Glimpse.

Blackmoor Estate.

Dampen Light.

Forbidden Shrine.

Gathering at the Stones.

Journey to the Other Side

Opening the Limbo Gate.

Unspeakable Resurrection.

Syndicate.

Extortionist.

Freelance Photographer.

Hard Case.

Patsy.

Syndicate Liaison.

Triggerman.

Alhazrad Lamp.

Cathouse.

Dutch Courage.

Get On Yer Feet!

Legacy of Ramses.

Like a Moth.

Low Blow.

Panic.

The Bootleg Whiskey Cover-Up.

Oh man, thanks a bunch The_Big_Show! That's a lot of rares reprinted! :o And a lot of goodies overall. I will have to take another look.

The 3 Syndicate cards in decks one and two seem odd to me. You are never going to get a resource match for them.

Also what's notable is the fact that it's from AE all the way to FC. Some time ago people were talking of AE block reprints.

Thanks again for sharing. :)

Bard said:

The 3 Syndicate cards in decks one and two seem odd to me. You are never going to get a resource match for them.

Haha! The idea is not to play the decks as packaged, but to take 2 or 3 factions and some neutrals per player and make a deck. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Thanks very much, THE BIG SHOW, but I wonder how the UK received these before the USA ?

Chick

No problems. Glad I could be of assistence.

Marius said:

Bard said:

Haha! The idea is not to play the decks as packaged, but to take 2 or 3 factions and some neutrals per player and make a deck. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Thats right. They are just packaged as three decks in the box, and it was easier to post them that way.

Core-blimey, it's a Christmas miracle it is! Never thought I'd see the day, I didn't!

Big question is, did they correct the text on the cards to reflect the errata? Dagon Invulnerable instead of Invulnerability, Thing from the Stars worded correctly, that sort of thing?

Thank You, The_Big_Show, you did illuminated my day with this ...

The only thing I'm now wondering is "Will I buy it or just wait for someone to sell me the stories ??"

Franckly, I did not ear about anything interresting for such a big amount of money ... 30£ is a piece of money ... Will see after christmas ...

Donald said:

Core-blimey, it's a Christmas miracle it is! Never thought I'd see the day, I didn't!

Big question is, did they correct the text on the cards to reflect the errata? Dagon Invulnerable instead of Invulnerability, Thing from the Stars worded correctly, that sort of thing?

Dagon still says Invulnerability and Thing from the Stars is missing the errata'd wording. sad.gif

WHAT ??? Are you Kiddin' ??