Disney & Disney +

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

What's interesting is that almost none of the new stuff is tied into the Sequel stories.

1 hour ago, feltipern1 said:

What's interesting is that almost none of the new stuff is tied into the Sequel stories.

Which is great, isn't it!?

13 hours ago, reqent said:

https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/2020/12/10/22168174/cassian-andor-show-disney-plus-footage-reel

Towards the end there is concept art of cassian in a fighter that looks like an a wing style fighter.

Yep, the cockpit is a lot like A-wing's but that "side" engine is different .

Hopefully a new letter-wing ship we can salvage for this game (Rebels badly need new ships).

Edited by Odanan
1 hour ago, feltipern1 said:

Hallelujah for that!

2 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

I do not agree. In Mandalorian, we see clearly that the remnants forces of the empire are becoming more fanatical (see latest episode, and the gozanti episode where the imperial troops are ready to sacrifice themselves for the Empire), like a transition to the First Order.

We will see about the sequel trilogy. But I am not sure they are ready to put it aside yet.

49 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Yep, the cockpit is a lot like A-wing's but that "side" engine is different .

Hopefully a new letter-wing ship we can salvage for this game (Rebels badly need new ships).

Agreed rebels need some fresh stuff. It would be pretty easy to say rebels had this ship but it was too finicky and difficult to maintain so they replaced it.

Just now, reqent said:

Agreed rebels need some fresh stuff. It would be pretty easy to say rebels had this ship but it was too finicky and difficult to maintain so they replaced it.

Or simply they had a few units.

6l82bh8o1k461.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg

Taika we shall watch your career with great interest.

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Which is great, isn't it!?

From a certain point of view ;)

My observation was more on the fact that Disney's perhaps (finally) listening to the fans a bit more. Ultimately, they want to make money, and they figured out that their first approach wasn't the best. Personally, I think it's interesting that they're (without being obvious about it) backtracking from their missteps.

1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Hallelujah for that!

While I wouldn't go so far as to completely condemn the sequel trilogy and share in that hallelujah, I think it's a good choice to draw back from it for a while.

1 hour ago, Silver_leader said:

I do not agree. In Mandalorian, we see clearly that the remnants forces of the empire are becoming more fanatical (see latest episode, and the gozanti episode where the imperial troops are ready to sacrifice themselves for the Empire), like a transition to the First Order.

We will see about the sequel trilogy. But I am not sure they are ready to put it aside yet.

Oh, I have no doubt that there's going to be some substantial narrative that brings the Empire towards the First Order - but there's still 30 years of storytelling in there that could evade the sequels, deliver some good Star Wars, and please many of the fans that have been embittered.

Remember, I also said almost all of the new stuff. ;)

Edited by feltipern1
4 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

Rogue Squadron's description on star wars dot com mentions "and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy," which I take to mean post-sequels. How close to post-sequels is anyone's guess. I also wouldn't be surprised if A Droid Story takes place post-sequels. If that's correct, I think they have to acknowledge the sequels events took place even if they don't have to tie in directly to them.

Lando should have been called The Calrissian Chronicles and the fact that it currently isn't called that is a **** shame. I've seen it suggested elsewhere that it would be amazing to have Billy Dee doing narration with Donald Glover playing the part in actual scenes.

4 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Rogue Squadron's description on star wars dot com mentions "and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy," which I take to mean post-sequels. How close to post-sequels is anyone's guess. I also wouldn't be surprised if A Droid Story takes place post-sequels. If that's correct, I think they have to acknowledge the sequels events took place even if they don't have to tie in directly to them.

I was hoping for Rogue Squadron to be linked to Luke and Wedge's squad. do something between 4 and 5 would have been nice

Edited by Silver_leader
3 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

I was hoping for Rogue Squadron to be linked to Luke and Wedge's squad. do something between 4 and 5 would have been nice

Wedge could still be in even if it's post ST. We know he's still alive at least up to Exegol. I'd expect his death would have been on-screen if it were meant to happen there. Perhaps he reforms the squadron in an era of unknowns, where there's not currently a galactic civilization controlling everything (there isn't at that point, right?).

Seeing how SW is getting the Marvel MCU treatment with all these series coming out all in the same time frame, I wonder what will be the cataclysmic event/villain that will tie it up like Thanos did...

Thrawn doesn't quite make it, no matter how a military genius he is supposed to be, and I pray is not the Yuzan vong or whatever they are named.

Please don't let it be Boba f**** Fett either.

3 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Seeing how SW is getting the Marvel MCU treatment with all these series coming out all in the same time frame, I wonder what will be the cataclysmic event/villain that will tie it up like Thanos did...

Thrawn doesn't quite make it, no matter how a military genius he is supposed to be, and I pray is not the Yuzan vong or whatever they are named.

Please don't let it be Boba f**** Fett either.

I really think it's going to be Thrawn. He's going to come back from the unknown regions with something incredibly awful and they'll all have to band together to deal with it. They wouldn't have namedropped him and then not use him.

Grysk are a possibility with or without Thrawn but I don't think they'll do that, personally.

If it's not Thrawn, it'll probably be some new big bad we don't know anything about.

They are not making Thrawn a hero.

Are there 2 different Clone Wars series? Or I'm getting confused?

2 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Are there 2 different Clone Wars series? Or I'm getting confused?

Yes, there are 2. There was a short Genndy Tartakovsky that was used to explain somethings in between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, employing a style similar to his other work Samurai Jack. It introduced both General Grievous and Asajj. It ran for 25 episodes from 2003 to 2005.

The more well known CGI Clone Wars series started in 2008 with Lucas having a stronger hand (at least in the earlier episodes) but was largely the child of David Filoni who would go on to produce Rebels and the Mandalorian.

32 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Yes, there are 2. There was a short Genndy Tartakovsky that was used to explain somethings in between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, employing a style similar to his other work Samurai Jack. It introduced both General Grievous and Asajj. It ran for 25 episodes from 2003 to 2005.

The more well known CGI Clone Wars series started in 2008 with Lucas having a stronger hand (at least in the earlier episodes) but was largely the child of David Filoni who would go on to produce Rebels and the Mandalorian.

Thought so.

Only the second one seems available.

Are they worth it?

Edited by LUZ_TAK
15 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Are they worth it?

The first Clone Wars lacks some depth, but does explain some things like the capture of Palpatine at the start of Revenge of the Sith. Also, Greivous is competent in this series, instead of always running away in the CG series. It doesn't take long to go through, as the entire series is 133 minutes since most of the episodes were run in between other shows on Cartoon Network. So it doesn't hurt to take a look.

The CG series is well worth it. The first season is episodic, not really telling a single story, but rather showcasing points during the Clone Wars in no particular order, but after season 2 they follow a chronological timeline and have story arcs. As the seasons go on, the series grows up and gets stronger storylines. Once you hit season 3-4, the series is great.

We get the first TWO episodes tomorrow on Disney+

21 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

We get the first TWO episodes tomorrow on Disney+

Bring it on!

On 12/29/2020 at 10:27 PM, LUZ_TAK said:

Thought so.

Only the second one seems available.

Are they worth it?

They are on YT, link:

https://www.polygon.com/disney-plus/2021/1/19/22238492/muppet-show-watch-disney-plus-release-date

Muppet show, all 5 seasons on Disney+ on Feb 19th. Big deal. Season 4 and 5 were never released outside of the original broadcasts. They probably had to work through a lot of music rights as well. I'll be curious to see what songs, if any, are missing.

The Star Wars episode with Mark Hamill is fantastic (to keep this vaguely on topic for the forums as a whole).

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark