New mode in the app

By The Cocky Rooster, in Legends of the Alliance

How do we access this raid mode? I can't find it anywhere in the app... would like to know it works before I order the two necessary expansions.

(and yes, I tried adding them to my collection in the app but it still doesn't appear)

The new Raid mode hasn't been released yet so it won't show up in the app. FFG haven't given an exact release date apart from "Soon", but I imagine it'll be sometime in the next few weeks.

Ah, thanks!

The raid mode is now available in the app.

Anyone know when the gamemat is to be released? I had gone to two of my LGS, but neither of them were able to confirm when it would be shipped. The Raid Mode sounds like a total blast, and I would love to play it!

Edited by Kunitzu San

(If you don't have the expansions to use the tiles, the article shows the map so you could print it.)

Hi all,

Was anyone able to map the tiles needed to prepare the mission for the Raids?

Thanks

Malastarian Outpost:

• Bespin 01A, 02A, 05A, 10A
  • Tyrants of Lothal 01A, 03A, 04A, 05A, 06A, 07A, 3x 12A
  • Core 25A, 27A, 31A, 2x 32A, 33A, 35A, 36A
Edited by a1bert
Or just start the app and write down the list the app uses.

Does anyone know if more app campaigns are planned? While these raid maps are better than nothing, the campaigns have been great.

4 hours ago, udat said:

Does anyone know if more app campaigns are planned? While these raid maps are better than nothing, the campaigns have been great.

There's been no announcement. But then again there wasn't one for the RtH campaign.

Edited by Uninvited Guest

So is that 2nd raid map considered released? It's not available on my Android app or on Steam.

I was actually just looking at this as my group was going to dust off IA to play through the new raid mode tonight. However it appears Gray Cap Cantina still hasn't been released?

It was announced over 2 months ago now, seems odd to have such a long delay.

Ah well I guess we will just play more Legion lol

Edited by FrogTrigger

Looks like the second raid map is on the app now!

Is anyone having trouble with the Steam version? It performed the update then won't launch anymore. It says, "missing executable." This happened on two different computers that I use.

Edited by dwaynedauzat
18 hours ago, dwaynedauzat said:

Is anyone having trouble with the Steam version? It performed the update then won't launch anymore. It says, "missing executable." This happened on two different computers that I use.

Have you tried verifying the files via the steam properties?

Just now, neosmagus said:

Have you tried verifying the files via the steam properties?

Yes. I've also tried deleting the "appcache" folder and uninstalling/reinstalling the app all to no avail. It's quite odd to me that it occurred on two separate computers.

I alerted the FFG devs, hopefully the techs get the Steam issue fixed soon.

1 minute ago, a1bert said:

@a1bert , are you experiencing this same issue?

2 minutes ago, dwaynedauzat said:

@a1bert , are you experiencing this same issue?

Not personally, because I don't have a Steam account, or a (windows) PC at home, but more than two people have reported the same.

Edited by a1bert
21 hours ago, a1bert said:

The issue with Steam has been fixed. I launched it today and it automatically updated the LotA app and make it playable. Thanks for your help!

Any reviews/general thoughts of the raid maps? How do they play?

Especially in the Gray Cap Cantina Raid the "best" skill selection of heroes is a little bit different than for a full campaign, so you have a little difference between the campaign and raids.

A good mode for trying out all hero combinations, but probably not for repeated plays in quick succession. I.e. best for occasional one-shot plays.

I don't know how playing with a group or soloing with less than 4 heroes compare.