Toys and models to scale with Star Wars Legion - list by CaptainRocket

By CaptainRocket, in Terrain Building

Check out the beginnings of my comprehensive list (with comparison pictures!)

Yes, we've had a couple of these, but sadly they all seem to die out. Also there's been a lot of overlap, confusion between official scale, stated model scale, and what stuff actually looks like on the table.

I've gone and made a Google doc which can be cross posted to Facebook (or other forums) so as many people as possible can contribute. Please check it out, I hope you all find it useful! Many models however are still missing actual measurements or comparison pictures! If you have any of them, please post pictures and/or measurements!

First up, the AMT Episode I Droid Starfighters are definitely not in scale, despite what the box might say. I picked up two packs of them, and they are about half the size they should be, and look terrible compared to Legion minis. Stay away from them.

20190410_121939 20190409_093425

20190410_121844

I would, however, add the AMT Corporate Alliance Droid to the list, and say that it's almost perfectly spot on.

20190409_093425

I'm currently waiting on the Revell AAT model kit, so we'll see how that one stacks up.

1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

First up, the AMT Episode I Droid Starfighters are definitely not in scale, despite what the box might say. I picked up two packs of them, and they are about half the size they should be, and look terrible compared to Legion minis. Stay away from them.

[...]

I'm currently waiting on the Revell AAT model kit, so we'll see how that one stacks up.

Awesome thanks! This is exactly what I was hoping to see... would you mind taking length measurements for these?

Sadly your post was only a few hours too late to spare me for buying a box of the AMT model... I blame the terrain challenge and the cheapness on EBay but hopefully we can save others the pain! You wouldn't happen to know how the Hasbro toy stacks up in size?

Looking forward to the AAT!!!

Edited by CaptainRocket

I can't comment on the Hasbro toy, sadly. The approximate dimensions for the various models I have are as follows:

AMT Droid starfighters:

1.75" (4.5cm) wide
3" (7.6 cm) long

3/4" (1.7 cm) tall

AMT Corporate Alliance Tank Droid:

9" (23 cm) long

4" (10 cm) wide

4.5" (9 cm) tall

And newly arrived, thanks to some great shipping from the UK, the Revell AAT:

IMG_20190610_135727165 IMG_20190610_135754706

7.5" (Just over 19 cm) long

6.5" (17 cm) wide

4" (9 cm) tall

My quick math on the AAT seems to show it is pretty much spot on. It comes prepainted and is a simple snap together model, so perfect for Legion terrain. I'm going to touch up mine a bit, and then figure out how I want to wreck it for terrain use.

4 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

[...]

Excellent! Thanks so much!

On 6/10/2019 at 12:19 PM, Alpha17 said:

I can't comment on the Hasbro toy, sadly. The approximate dimensions for the various models I have are as follows:

Good news! Now I can!

MrlTpxY.jpg

They are just a hair too large, but perfect for wrecks!

This is a great resource! I wish the AAT tank was just a little bit cheaper haha

3 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

This is a great resource! I wish the AAT tank was just a little bit cheaper haha

Thanks!

I ordered one off Ebay and it was not too bad. It's like $50 on Amazon, but like $20 on Ebay iirc.

Edited by CaptainRocket
1 minute ago, CaptainRocket said:

Thanks!

I ordered one off Ebay and it was not too bad. It's like $50 on Amazon, but like $20 on Ebay iirc.

Yeah I saw a bunch for about $20 on eBay. The shipping on them, though—ouch.

5 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Yeah I saw a bunch for about $20 on eBay. The shipping on them, though—ouch.

I lucked out and got a free shipping from UK... Don't think it will arrive in time for the June terrain challenge though...

19 minutes ago, CaptainRocket said:

I lucked out and got a free shipping from UK... Don't think it will arrive in time for the June terrain challenge though...

I see that one! If the listing is still around in July, I will pick it up haha

1 hour ago, CaptainRocket said:

If your shipping on it was anything like mine, it certainly could be.

On 6/9/2019 at 11:20 AM, CaptainRocket said:

Check out the beginnings of my comprehensive list (with comparison pictures!)

Yes, we've had a couple of these, but sadly they all seem to die out. Also there's been a lot of overlap, confusion between official scale, stated model scale, and what stuff actually looks like on the table.

I've gone and made a Google doc which can be cross posted to Facebook (or other forums) so as many people as possible can contribute. Please check it out, I hope you all find it useful! Many models however are still missing actual measurements or comparison pictures! If you have any of them, please post pictures and/or measurements!

I did the U-wing photos in your doc, do you want anymore photos of the U-wing on a playmat for your list? At the time I took these I was moving and didn't have much of my hobby stuff that wasn't packed so I only took some quick photos before I had to pack the rest.

10 minutes ago, Skyguard said:

I did the U-wing photos in your doc, do you want anymore photos of the U-wing on a playmat for your list? At the time I took these I was moving and didn't have much of my hobby stuff that wasn't packed so I only took some quick photos before I had to pack the rest.

Oh thanks! Sure, better photos more context is always nice, but don't kill yourself if it's not easy. I think yours are fine to give people a sense of what they're getting into.

Thanks again for taking the pics in the first place!

Thanks again to everyone on Facebook and here that has contributed!

We are now up to 24 iconic Star Wars vehicles that we have info about on good Legion scale toys and models for! The doc includes listings for 44 individual models and toys!

Out of those we also know of 3 to avoid , despite seeming good either by other toy precedent or listed scale, but just really don't work!

However, I still need your help! We have nearly a dozen other toys without accurate pictures or measurement for... If you have any of these toys and models it would be amazing if we could get your help!

Please internet strangers... you're my only hope!

Pictures with Legion figures/Measures still needed for:

I have one of the Jango Fett Slave I's and it is pretty close. I will see if I can dig up some photos.

I can provide photos of the following:

-One of the AT-ATs (will need to look up which one)

-Revel X-Wing model from the 80s

-TIE Interceptor model from the 90s

I have model numbers for the last two.

11 hours ago, Gorthaur25 said:

I have one of the Jango Fett Slave I's and it is pretty close. I will see if I can dig up some photos.

57 minutes ago, stackeffect said:

I can provide photos of the following:

-One of the AT-ATs (will need to look up which one)

-Revel X-Wing model from the 80s

-TIE Interceptor model from the 90s

I have model numbers for the last two.

Yes please! All much appreciated and measurements doubly so!

1980 Kenner Empire Strikes Back AT-AT (From what I can tell. Purchased on eBay)

AT-AT.jpg

Didn't see that you were requesting measurements for the Action Fleet A-Wing, I can get those to you when I get home today.

I have a decent collection of the AF stuff so let me know if there's anything else you're looking for, although besides the T-16, Snowspeeder, and maybe Anakin's podracer I'm pretty sure the rest are too small.

(I don't have the swoop, speederbike, or any of the prequels stuff unfortunately)

Edited by TerranCmdr

Jango's Firespray

20190826_185047.jpg

On 6/20/2019 at 10:08 PM, Gorthaur25 said:

12D6D6D8-61AD-4921-9900-419010B0808C.jpeg

On 6/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, Alpha17 said:

AMT Droid starfighters:

1.75" (4.5cm) wide
3" (7.6 cm) long

3/4" (1.7 cm) tall

AMT Corporate Alliance Tank Droid:

9" (23 cm) long

4" (10 cm) wide

4.5" (9 cm) tall

And newly arrived, thanks to some great shipping from the UK, the Revell AAT:

IMG_20190610_135727165 IMG_20190610_135754706

7.5" (Just over 19 cm) long

6.5" (17 cm) wide

4" (9 cm) tall

My quick math on the AAT seems to show it is pretty much spot on. It comes prepainted and is a simple snap together model, so perfect for Legion terrain. I'm going to touch up mine a bit, and then figure out how I want to wreck it for terrain use.

Hey Alpha 17, I spy some Batman graphic novels!!!

11 hours ago, Boomer_J said:

Hey Alpha 17, I spy some Batman graphic novels!!!

Good catch. The pictures were taken on my comic shelf, so there's more than a few Batman, Green Lantern, Nightwing, and Power Rangers TPB on there.

Edited by Alpha17

De Agostini Millenium Falcon its pretty near to the scale. I brought the first modules and built the cockpit. 28mm minis fits fine in the seats of such an amazing model .