Kildarth leads the zombies forward?

By ren6175, in Road to Legend

What is the community consensus on what this means? This is from the Kindred Fire Finale. The text at the start of the quest and after each rounds states, "At the end of each round, Kildarth leads the zombies forward." However, it doesn't clearly state what it means. It also doesn't automatically activate them an extra time each round on the monster track so I'm confused. I chose to just play it as flavor text buy I'm curious.

Is it:

a. just flavor text reminding you that Kildarth is the zombie master?

b. an extra move action for zombies who normally have Shambling?

c. an extra activation?

Dave

I checked this out, and it is indeed a very strange occurence. There is just the text at the end of each round. My guess would be, that the text should have been followed by a forced activation of the zombie group.

Is there a community manager who could give us his/ hear ideas on this, as I plan to play this quest very soon?

Just throwing out there, I believe this event happens if you lose the 2nd story quest (where Kildarth is physicality in the map as a villager token)

So if you won that quest then this event may not happen.

^The above is a guess, since I haven’t had any losses on that quest where you save Kildarth and I have never seen this event in the Finale.

You are correct. It is actually a nice little story point to tie things together. Unfortunately I keep losing that stupid quest. I always forget not to go to the bottom of the map because it is just there to get a reward. Then my team gets separated and way too many monsters on the map.

52 minutes ago, ren6175 said:

You are correct. It is actually a nice little story point to tie things together. Unfortunately I keep losing that stupid quest. I always forget not to go to the bottom of the map because it is just there to get a reward. Then my team gets separated and way too many monsters on the map.

Do you mean cutting through the south caves for the relic? I’ve recently started taking that route regularly, because it means I can grab the relic and go through the locked (now unlocked) door. Don’t have to fight as many monsters that way.

Edited by Lightningclaw

Ahhhh! That is great. Yes that was what I meant. I had no idea that you could do that. I always get worried about perils and the Merriods coming from behind. I panic and open both doors. I know it sounds stupid but I play by myself with 4 heroes and I forget things sometimes. Thanks for the tip.

Official answer from FFG:

“Hi David,

Sorry for the extremely late response. My inbox has been silently failing to deliver me rule questions for some time now and I just discovered the issue.

It appears that I wrote that text with some intent that I never executed. As far as I can see, it actually does—and so means—nothing. Sorry for the confusion.”

Nathan Hajek