Advice Please: Duel Deck

By mrnnj, in L5R LCG: Deck Building

Hey everyone. I am looking at making a Crane Deck with a Duelist theme. When I was introduced to L5R about 10 years ago, I fell in love with the Crane clan and the Kakita family in particular because of that imagery of the Lone Warrior-Artisan, to whom Martial Arts is an Art. Back story aside, what splash would people recommend in a Crane Deck that is going to focus more on the use of various Duels to help control the board state.

Thank you.

Im experimenting with dragon. 3 Let gos to protect from cloud the mind and other annoyances and 2 adopted kin to recycle attachments (my dueling deck is very attachment heavy). Im considering reducing the adopted kin to just 1 copy though.

I'm not sure Magnificent Triumph is more useful than Let Go....

11 hours ago, Silver Crane said:

I'm not either. But I'll give it a shot, and see how it plays! Maybe once the Dragon pack comes out I'll use their Support role to get some extra points, throw Let Go in at that point.

12 hours ago, Silver Crane said:

1 hour ago, twinstarbmc said:

I'm not either. But I'll give it a shot, and see how it plays! Maybe once the Dragon pack comes out I'll use their Support role to get some extra points, throw Let Go in at that point.

My experience has been that if you aren't playing it in Dragon (and even there its been questionable) its not worth it. With the abundance of Towers with obscene amounts of attachments the Let Go's are just more value at the moment.

1 hour ago, Schmoozies said:

My experience has been that if you aren't playing it in Dragon (and even there its been questionable) its not worth it. With the abundance of Towers with obscene amounts of attachments the Let Go's are just more value at the moment.

Big ol' Voltrons aren't that prevalent in my tiny little casual playgroup, and if anything it's my deck.

That's fair. My opinion is that Magnificent Triumph is a win more card. It's often better to just something that actually helps you win.

Thanks for the the replies all. I was balancing between Dragon or Crab (Basically running solo Crane until I get my hands on the new Clan packs). It sounds like Dragon is the way to go.