[BLOG] Tales of the Silver Ace

By Eruletho, in X-Wing Battle Reports

I realized recently that I have posted roughly once a week, with a blog-titled topic, and gotten only a couple replies. Most of those topics drift slowly down the front page (a couple of them are still there!) and never generate much conversation. Instead, they tend to just point people toward something to read and then never comment on.

Rather than continue that, I am going to simply keep this one thread up, posting new comments on it when new articles come out. Last week, I didn't advertise my post at all, so this time I have 2 articles to share, one of Separatists , and one for Imperials . let me know what you think!

Nicely done!

One small note: you do know that conceding means the points jump to 200-X, where X is whatever the opponent scored up to this point? I think @Jeff Wilder in a recent wide world of wargaming episode talked about it because that mistake is apparently more widespread than I thought.

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Nicely done!

One small note: you do know that conceding means the points jump to 200-X, where X is whatever the opponent scored up to this point? I think @Jeff Wilder in a recent wide world of wargaming episode talked about it because that mistake is apparently more widespread than I thought.

I'm aware. Chris called the score over, and when I tried to correct it to 200-37, he re-emphasized it as 200-0.

9 hours ago, Eruletho said:

I'm aware. Chris called the score over, and when I tried to correct it to 200-37, he re-emphasized it as 200-0.

Huh, that's strange. I saw that you played against (e: not Chico). I'm pretty sure he's wrong about that. Anyway, that's water under the bridge by now.

Edited by GreenDragoon

In 1.0 it was a forced 200-0 if you conceded. I’ve never read the scoring rules for 2.0 but only had one match conceded so it didn’t seem to matter.

The rules for 2.0:

Concession: A player voluntarily concedes defeat at any point during the game. All of that player’s ships are destroyed. The conceding player receives a loss and the opponent receives a win. Remember that collusion among players to manipulate scoring is forbidden, and the scores should still be calculated based on the final game state (including the winner’s destroyed and damaged ships) (see “Unsporting Conduct” on page 2).

I never advertise my blog here here, only on Facebook. That said, I've been a fan of yours for a while, but I only really comment when I feel I have something of value to say/ask.

Personally, I write my blog for me rather than anything else; if it starts a conversation, even if it's only one or two comments on Facebook, that's just an added bonus!

3 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

The rules for 2.0:

Concession: A player voluntarily concedes defeat at any point during the game. All of that player’s ships are destroyed . The conceding player receives a loss and the opponent receives a win. Remember that collusion among players to manipulate scoring is forbidden, and the scores should still be calculated based on the final game state (including the winner’s destroyed and damaged ships) (see “Unsporting Conduct” on page 2).

So if the conceding player’s ships are all destroyed, the winner takes the full 200? The change, then, is that the losing player gets to keep what points they gained. Is that correct?

40 minutes ago, Estarriol said:

So if the conceding player’s ships are all destroyed, the winner takes the full 200? The change, then, is that the losing player gets to keep what points they gained. Is that correct?

Yes. Ypu can be ahead on 150-0 points, concede and lose 150-200

7 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Huh, that's strange. I saw that you played against Chico. I'm pretty sure he's wrong about that. Anyway, that's water under the bridge by now.

Not Chico, a different Chris Brown.

6 minutes ago, Eruletho said:

Not Chico, a different Chris Brown.

Ah, thanks. I was confused there

I'm back! And with me comes a new blog post, reviewing my first tournament this weekend at Discordia! I flew a re-freshed version of my Flying Circus, dropping 2 of the bombers to add in some Academy TIEs and putting PRedator back on Fel. Come let me know what you think!

As promised, a part 2 of the previous article. I used the same list again for another 3 games, this time taking on Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, and Fenn Rau! Check it out here !

It was a pleasure meeting and playing with you! Our game was a great learning experience for me, and you were wonderfully gracious. I look forward to seeing you at the Count Dooku Classic and/or Tacoma Games before you leave us for good :)

It was great playing against you as well, and I was thrilled to not only see you, but to play against you again last weekend! Looking forward to our next game, whenever that may come.

In other news, I have (finally) finished my article for last Friday's tournament, and have it posted here. I posted a bit of a question at the end, and would appreciate any responses. It's also likely to be the last time for a while that I fly my Flying Circus list, as 10 games with it have me feeling REALLY good about it, but always want to try new things.

Another Monday, another batch of practice games! This is the first BatRep article in A LONG TIME that wasn't a tournament. I wanted to try out a new ship from the new wave, but ended up taking 2 instead: Finn (with Heroic, Perceptive Co-Pilot, and Advanced Optics) and Cova Nell (with Autoblasters, Heroic, and General Leia.) These things are GOOD!

I seem to be really firing these out over the past week, but I've got another tournament report up! This time I try out the Sinker Swarm, with the N1 Starfighter as a support ship - but not Ric! Come check it out and let me know what you think!

JUST STARTED to read this blog post
but I was struck immediately how I came up with the exact same list except I was thinking Luminara instead of Padme
huh

On 8/15/2019 at 5:48 AM, ForrestGrump said:

JUST STARTED to read this blog post
but I was struck immediately how I came up with the exact same list except I was thinking Luminara instead of Padme
huh

I can't seem to find a reason to fly a non-7B Delta, even as a support. Maybe even especially as a support! In my mind, Jedi are supposed to be the primary feature of the list, not support pieces (except to another Jedi, perhaps.)

In other news, I took the Finn/Cova/Ello/Greer list out for another spin, playing against a pair of Imperial lists at one of the local shops. Come check it out!

LOL
to be fair I sold that fleet off to a buddy before I ever got to field it
It just caught my attention on how close it was to yours

as for the concept of support jedi...I dunno
I am of the opinion that torrents are underrated, luminara+sinker being their howlrunner etc etc

A sad day, my last tournament in Silverdale, was last Friday. I brought back my Flying Circus for one final showing before I leave the state, possible for good, and ended up against 2 different Jedi builds and a RAC/Vader. Each game was stressful for its own reasons, and made me realize just how much I'm going to miss my current community. Anyway, here's Wonderwall the article . Let me know what you think!

I hit the first of (hopefully) several stores along my route over to my new home in Connecticut, dropping into Epic Loot in Centerville, OH. We played 4 rounds, and I had a great time in a new store. Looking forward to possibly getting up there again before I head out later this month. Some seriously tough games!

On 9/3/2019 at 12:29 PM, Eruletho said:

I hit the first of (hopefully) several stores along my route over to my new home in Connecticut, dropping into Epic Loot in Centerville, OH. We played 4 rounds, and I had a great time in a new store. Looking forward to possibly getting up there again before I head out later this month. Some seriously tough games!

There's some cool folks in the Dayton-area, such as @pyoinator

11 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Hey thanks man. Tune into Eruletho's next report for more of my bad decisions and bad dice!

5 hours ago, pyoinator said:

Hey thanks man. Tune into Eruletho's next report for more of my bad decisions and bad dice!

Oh, hey, I thought that might have been you, but one can never be sure when it comes to online names! I'll make sure to go back and toss your FFG handle in the article. That game was really something else dice-wise, I've never seen a Defender just melt to TIE fighter shots, even against a TIE swarm, let alone something like my list. Rexler REALLY shouldn't have gone out like that! Even still, you showed me that I have a lot to learn when it comes to Vader.

17 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I was lucky for my time in the state, to be able to play against at least a few of them. I can't say enough good things about Epic Loot, it's easily one of the best environments I've played in, from atmosphere and staff to location and opponents. I'm looking forward to visits with family over the next few years to give me more opportunities to come up!

For those who are curious, here's the post . Let me know what you think!

Edited by Eruletho