Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

36 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Fear Check : 2eA+3eC 3 failures, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
a-a.png a-s-s.png c-f-f.png c-d.png c-f-f.png

lol, someone had to balance out those two triumphs... not that I was expecting anything different.

Mechanically speaking, Failure adds setback, and Despair increases Difficulty, for the duration of the scene. The Despair also narratively singled you out to deliver the prisoner. I’ll let you bank the Advantage if you want; I’m not sure how a single Advantage could help you here, at the moment. You don’t need to narrate Briar as being visibly terrified by Lord Vader’s presence.. but she is.

@April Looking at Q’ri’s sheet, I noticed you didn’t add a second spec (which I included for free to start)- but I also noticed Q’ri has no talents listed. If the BGH spec isn’t working for you, feel free to respec, or at least add the free second spec. If you don’t want to add the second spec, take 20xp in lieu of, and add some BGH talents.

Sorry if the initial outing failed to engage- I was trying to throw you guys into the mix, and wrap up a couple loose ends. Consider yourselves part of the task force from here on. (also @Barbaross41 )

@CloudyLemonade92 Still with us? No medals for the Adjustments Agent, not even a mask, but if there is something you would like for Val..?

Yes sir!

7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@April Looking at Q’ri’s sheet, I noticed you didn’t add a second spec (which I included for free to start)- but I also noticed Q’ri has no talents listed. If the BGH spec isn’t working for you, feel free to respec, or at least add the free second spec. If you don’t want to add the second spec, take 20xp in lieu of, and add some BGH talents.

Sorry if the initial outing failed to engage- I was trying to throw you guys into the mix, and wrap up a couple loose ends. Consider yourselves part of the task force from here on. (also @Barbaross41 )

@CloudyLemonade92 Still with us? No medals for the Adjustments Agent, not even a mask, but if there is something you would like for Val..?

Unfortunately with a few personal stuff I haven’t had time to consult my books. I’ll try to finish it soon but it might be a few days. ( sorry)

1 hour ago, April said:

Unfortunately with a few personal stuff I haven’t had time to consult my books. I’ll try to finish it soon but it might be a few days. ( sorry)

No worries! This is just a game, and real life comes first.

I have 4 Int and 2 medicine with a boost for a medpac. @Imperial Stormtrooper can you add something to it?

Spending Destiny for sure, maybe some blue for the medical droid and medbay?

Edited by Rimsen
19 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

I have 4 Int and 2 medicine with a boost for a medpac. @Imperial Stormtrooper can you add something to it?

Spending Destiny for sure, maybe some blue for the medical droid and medbay?

Between Briar’s Despair, and being thrown across the hangar, I don’t think she can help right now. +1 Boost for the droid, but the medbay is necessary to attempt to save her (but does not really add anything, beyond the opportunity to try).

Hawk @Barbaross41 and Den @Rabobankrider are both trained medics, and can add Boosts.

Success will stabilize her for a time, but it will likely take a Triumph to truly save her.

Will add boost.

Fear Check : 2eA+3eC 3 failures, 3 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s-a.png c-f.png c-f.png c-f-f.png Yeah, Den doesn't want to deal with Vader at this point in time. @Edgehawk can Den use the advantage for Vader to not notice (or not car) that Den is bricking it?

Sorry @Edgehawk , does Hawk need to test Fear as well?

If so,

Fear vs. Vader : 2eA+3eC 4 failures, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
a-a.png a-a.png c-d.png c-f-th.png c-f-f.png

4 minutes ago, Barbaross41 said:

If so,

Fear vs. Vader : 2eA+3eC 4 failures, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
a-a.png a-a.png c-d.png c-f-th.png c-f-f.png

2 Triumph, 2 Despair Thanos perfectly balanced as all things should be Blank Template ...

Saving the PQ : 3eP+1eA+3eB+4eD 7 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-tr.png p-s-s.png a-s-a.png b-s.png b-s.png b-s.png d--.png d-th.png d-f.png d-th.png

As I don't know Hawk yet, he will need to volunteer to help, but I will rescue Den from the scene by asking his help.

@Barbaross41 Roll 1eC please (just the one Challenge die, by itself); can’t really touch the 7 Successes, but could introduce Threat or Despair to Evon’s med check, which Hawk was assisting with.

Fear setback : 1eC 0 successes, 2 threat
c-th-th.png

@Rimsen With Hawk @Barbaross41 assisting in the med check, I thought the best way to reflect his Fear Despair would be to Upgrade the check (in addition to Boosting it, of course). As it is, I’m just going to let Hawk take the 2 Strain for the 2 Threat here. I thought introducing the possibility of a Despair (which could not cancel your Triumph, in any case) was a reasonable way to interpret it.

@Rimsen You may narrate the procedure and its successful outcome, if you wish. Noira/PQ is stable, but still unconscious- and probably will remain so for at least several days. Thanks to Evon’s expertise, he was able to identify the key components of the custom neurotoxin, isolate them, and purge them from her system. One of the chemicals was quickly absorbed, and will keep her in a comatose state for a while. Also, I’m not a doctor, and I’m just making this **** up- so feel free to narrate however you wish.

12 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rimsen You may narrate the procedure and its successful outcome, if you wish. Noira/PQ is stable, but still unconscious- and probably will remain so for at least several days. Thanks to Evon’s expertise, he was able to identify the key components of the custom neurotoxin, isolate them, and purge them from her system. One of the chemicals was quickly absorbed, and will keep her in a comatose state for a while. Also, I’m not a doctor, and I’m just making this **** up- so feel free to narrate however you wish.

I see, I'll come up with some mumbo-jumbo today 😄

Done. Hope it's not too graphic :)

Edited by Rimsen

20 XP and € 500, everyone.

Now would be a good time for equipment purchases or requests. Ship repairs can be effected, and the Stormcrow has 2 Customization Hard Points to fill.

Hale wants to purchase/acquire Shock Gloves, treated as an upgrade (GI or not) to his suit's gloves. (300 credits)
He'd also like a replacement Stun Grenade (originally issued rather than purchased).

Is the Z-6 repaired?

I'll take a look at attachments, but any chance a PC/friendly NPC could mod my wrist blades at cost? Pretty please? ;)

Purchasing Body Guard (2) (Vanguard-C2) for 15 XP, banking the rest.

14 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Is the Z-6 repaired?

I'll take a look at attachments, but any chance a PC/friendly NPC could mod my wrist blades at cost? Pretty please? ;)

All good. Griff can help with repairing/modding weapons and armor.

6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

All good. Griff can help with repairing/modding weapons and armor.

Is there any roll required, or just credits? If just credits, how many? At cost (100)? Special Modifications suggests a payscale of 500*difficulty, but that would be for hiring an engineer. If you really are just letting me bypass the roll, I feel that it should be more expensive than just at cost.

17 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Is there any roll required, or just credits? If just credits, how many? At cost (100)? Special Modifications suggests a payscale of 500*difficulty, but that would be for hiring an engineer. If you really are just letting me bypass the roll, I feel that it should be more expensive than just at cost.

I don’t delve too deeply into the rabbit-hole of mods, and don’t have SM; but I’m fine with players who wish to participate more fully in this facet of the game. If you want the rolls to be made, feel free to make them, if they could benefit you (or if you wish to introduce the possibility of failure). The mod would be at cost, if it’s just another trooper completing the work during a tedious hyperspace journey. Hale is in a position to order or issue something to Griff, in return for the work, if he wishes.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

I don’t delve too deeply into the rabbit-hole of mods, and don’t have SM; but I’m fine with players who wish to participate more fully in this facet of the game. If you want the rolls to be made, feel free to make them, if they could benefit you (or if you wish to introduce the possibility of failure). The mod would be at cost, if it’s just another trooper completing the work during a tedious hyperspace journey. Hale is in a position to order or issue something to Griff, in return for the work, if he wishes.

Okay, I don't particularly want to mess with the rolls (it's simply a binary), but I'll be reasonable about how many mods I take. Not sure what I'd issue to Griff, but I'll spend the credits to add the mod (Defensive +1) and slip Griff some additional credits. I'll wait for said hyperspace journey to add the gear, though. I think the wait period is fair (don't know how much, if anything, will happen while we're still on the planet).

Roll Call!!

Check in/ roll new Destiny!

If you missed it above, pick up 20 XP and 500 credits.