Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Just now, April said:

Odd why am I not getting notifications in mail.. did they change something?

You have to follow the thread to get email notifications. If you're talking about getting quoted or mentioned, I think you might be able to adjust your settings so that it'll send you notifications.

23 minutes ago, April said:

Xenology : 2eD+3eP 4 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
d-th.png d-th.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png p-s.png

Griff is familiar with Nuuno, and estimates that each one is about as dangerous and tough as an AT-TE. You don’t want to let them close with you, but luckily they are Ponderous: though quick with their claws and antennae, in range, they are otherwise relatively slow-moving when it comes to overland travel. The massive creatures are crustaceans, and omnivorous, and have even been known to feed upon mineral and metal materials.

Just take 2 Strain for the Threat. Anything you’re looking to do with the Triumph?

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Griff is familiar with Nuuno, and estimates that each one is about as dangerous and tough as an AT-TE.

O_O

Run away!!!!! :D

@April , Maybe say "they are afraid of loud noise/bright light?"

1 minute ago, Barbaross41 said:

@April , Maybe say "they are afraid of loud noise/bright light?"

I kinda like that maybe a specific frequency? Or temperature shifts?

Maybe a "brown note" scenario?

(e.g. a note of 14.3 MHz causes their internal organs to explode/decompose)

1 hour ago, April said:

I kinda like that maybe a specific frequency? Or temperature shifts?

Griff can have a beast call , if you like, which can produce sound waves unpleasant to the creatures. It will keep them at bay, if you do not continue to attack. If they do approach within Short range, it will have the effect of a noise grenade, each round it is exposed to it.

Instead of taking Strain for the Threat, I am going to assign the Strain to your mount, which is already somewhat stressed.

Who is there to receive C olonel Yularen’s transmission, is it whoever wants to be there, or just some of us?

8 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Who is there to receive C olonel Yularen’s transmission, is it whoever wants to be there, or just some of us?

Whoever wants to be, pretty much, though Briar would be a good pick for speaking with him.

Hale is currently playing cat-and-mouse with Drogos while he waits for an opportunity to talk to Briar. He'll slip into the room and join the call.

As I am currently with Briar, I also join, but let her speak 😄

11 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hale is currently playing cat-and-mouse with Drogos while he waits for an opportunity to talk to Briar. He'll slip into the room and join the call.

Finally he stops moving

The next assignment is not going to involve force users, and @Shlambate has expressed a desire to chase after the girl, so I intend to temporarily split the party. Out of character, here is your chance to volunteer for the Inquisitor’s side mission, if such interests you more than an AoR infiltration-type scenario. @bsmith23 You are free to join either mission, as suits your preference (other arrangements can be made for ferrying Drogos about).

If no one wishes to accompany the Inquisitor (I understand they make terrible company), I might recruit for a one-shot, and start a new thread for it. I do not want to break up the party for too long, so @Shlambate - if you want to forgo the side mission, that is still a viable option. I can work a force angle into the next mission, if you change your mind later, as well.

Any input, as always, is welcome.

I will decide on a course of action after I see who is willing to join the inquisitor.

I've had no problem with the Inquisktor so far, so I could go with him. But we could all stick together, so I'm good with either. For the glory of the Empire and all...

Just to clarify, I’m not splitting the party because of the tension between Hale and Drogos. That’s good stuff. I just want to allow Drogos an attempt to find closure to the PQ episode, and from a previous query, the rest of the party wanted to move on.

8 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

so I intend to temporarily split the party. Out of character, here is your chance to volunteer for the Inquisitor’s side mission

Another option has occurred to me. We could have a short time-jump, narrated as training, for those not going after the girl. That way the side mission could proceed concurrently with the new mission, without excluding Drogos (or anyone else) from it. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Another option has occurred to me. We could have a short time-jump, narrated as training, for those not going after the girl. That way the side mission could proceed concurrently with the new mission, without excluding Drogos (or anyone else) from it. Thoughts?

Might be a bit confusing to read through, but that sounds okay to me.

44 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Might be a bit confusing to read through, but that sounds okay to me.

Side mission would definitely need to have its own thread, though maybe just one, with OOC in spoilers. I’d keep it here on the AoR beginner forum.

Okay, so Drogos and Ral. Anyone else want in?

This probably won't help much, but I think that both sound interesting, as for Briar I think that she would be willing to help the Inquisitor so long as she doesn't have orders to go somewhere else.

Hmm.. If there is sufficient interest in pursuing the girl, I will ignore my previously stated ideas, and just keep the group together for it.

I think I will narrate the trail going cold, or the chase being interrupted by a higher priority or time-sensitive mission, however. The hunt can continue a bit in the background, but catching up with the girl might wait until the third act.

Evon probably gets chills every time the Inquisitor enters the room with his aura. He wouldn't want to join by volunteering, but willing to go, if he is needed or assigned.
As a player I'm not really looking for this Force Sensitive things, rather play the AoR aspect.

Edited by Rimsen
7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Hmm.. If there is sufficient interest in pursuing the girl, I will ignore my previously stated ideas, and just keep the group together for it.

I think I will narrate the trail going cold, or the chase being interrupted by a higher priority or time-sensitive mission, however. The hunt can continue a bit in the background, but catching up with the girl might wait until the third act.

That works with me.

@Shlambate Just posted IC.

I'm more-or-less with Rimsen on this. I'm pretty much just waiting to see how it shakes out and I'll go with it. It's not disengagement on my part, I just want to see what our GM does.