Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Just now, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

How far am I from the shuttle?

2 maneuvers would get you to short range of the action just inside the shuttle, or the queensguard engaged with Val.

1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

Can I save the Advantage as a Boost on my next try to escape?

Not likely to turn this roll around much, but I think you missed a Boost for Handling +2?

edit to add: Missed both boosts for handling, actually. I can see why you might think they wouldn’t apply, but I don’t think it is specified that they wouldn’t?

Edited by Edgehawk
19 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

2 maneuvers would get you to short range of the action just inside the shuttle, or the queensguard engaged with Val.

Ok, I forgot to ask earlier are they all engaged with someone, or just the one? If its just the one, I'll move over there and shoot at one of the non-engaged ones, and take one of the floating boosts (unless someone has a cool idea that needs them).

28 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Not likely to turn this roll around much, but I think you missed a Boost for Handling +2?

edit to add: Missed both boosts for handling, actually. I can see why you might think they wouldn’t apply, but I don’t think it is specified that they wouldn’t?

So roll 2 extra boosts? It might give me some extra advantages to play with.

Edited by bsmith23
7 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Ok, I forgot to ask earlier are they all engaged with someone, or just the one? If its just the one, I'll move over there and shoot at one of the non-engaged ones, and take one of the floating boosts (unless someone has a cool idea that needs them).

The two at the top of the ramp, just inside the shuttle, are not engaged. The PQ is on the deck nearby, along with several troopers; Evon is also close, but not quite engaged. Queensguard have broken formation, so Adversary 1, Defense 1, each.

: 2eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b--.png b-a-a.png

If either of the two are hurt I'll attack the hurt one, otherwise it doesn't matter much.

Attacking the Queensguard : 1eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eS 1 failure
p-a.png a--.png b--.png c-f.png s-th.png

So much, for positive dice doing anything. I'll post IC later today.

2 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

: 2eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b--.png b-a-a.png

Okay! So 3 net Advantages can definitely pass a Boost to your next check (2 really, so 1 left over); unless you can think of a narrative use. 3 Advantage is pretty good, but no Triumph.

Hale:

Maneuver: Aim
Action: Shoot at Queensguard in Stormcrow (grabbing a floating Boost): Light 'em up! : 3eP+2eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
p--.png p-s.png p-tr.png b-s-a.png b--.png c-th-th.png d-f-th.png s--.png

WOOO! Lucky Triumph. 14 damage, and I'll trigger a second hit on the same group. What's for the Threat?

15 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

What's for the Threat?

Z-6 over heats, damaged 1 step, take 2 strain.

Welp, I'm out. See ya guys! Did I at least take them out?

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Welp, I'm out. See ya guys! Did I at least take them out?

The remaining queensguard separated into 3 individual rivals on their turn, but you definitely took one of the two in the shuttle down.

Oh. Then I'll hit both the ones in the shuttle. I assume I take out the injured one, but not the other?

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh. Then I'll hit both the ones in the shuttle. I assume I take out the injured one, but not the other?

Never mind. Hale takes both down, with the two hits. I assigned some damage to them for the console explosion, so both were mildly wounded already.

Banshee Squad:

Maneuver: Aim
Action: Shoot at the last guy (and hopefully[?] miss Pinky): Don't hit Pinky : 2eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage
p--.png p-a.png a-s-s.png b-a.png c-f-f.png d-th.png s--.png

Nope. They'll pass on a Boost to the next person up.

12 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Nope. They'll pass on a Boost to the next person up.

Firstly, roll a Boost die! @Rimsen

Sorry was busy yesterday. So all but one of the PQ guard are dead so No one is threatening Evon?

@Edgehawk Can I add a triumph to the ion cannon's hit on the flagship? Hopefully allowing them to crit?

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Sorry was busy yesterday. So all but one of the PQ guard are dead so No one is threatening Evon?

Correct. There are a couple pirate engineers, and a few saboteurs unaccounted for, but the fighting aboard the Intrepid has ceased. Everyone not involved in the space battle may roll for Strain recovery.

6 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

@Edgehawk Can I add a triumph to the ion cannon's hit on the flagship? Hopefully allowing them to crit?

Yes! Roll for the Crit, +10.

Strain Recovery (Discipline) : 1eP+2eA 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png a--.png a-s-s.png

Woo! 3 Success is enough to get Hale back on his feet.

Strain recovery:

Strain Recovery : 2eA 3 successes
a-s.png a-s-s.png

Forgot to put what skill I used, but it doesn't matter that much since my cool and discipline are the same.

Crit Roll : 1d100+10 50

Component Hit: "One component of the attack's choice is knocked offline and is rendered inoperable until the end of the following round."

I'd like to select the bridge.

Bridge: "The bridge is damaged. No starship maneuvers or starship actions may be executed aboard the ship until the damage is repaired. In addition, the ship continues on its course at its current speed, and it cannot be stopped or its course changed until the damage is fixed."

44 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I'd like to select the bridge

That’s fine, unless you would prefer to shut down the tractor beam holding the Phantom.

It has been so long since I've seen the tractor rule used I thought it needed an action to keep it going, but from what I've read in the CRB it seems I was mistaken. I am conflicted but, I think that disabling the bridge will be more useful, so I'll stick with that.