Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

23 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Opening up with planetary scale weapons could place task force members, and also the girl, at risk; even warning shots could shred them with shrapnel from the boulders...

But... If I saw that Phantom with its five cannons pointing at me, I might consider surrender as an option. How about your Gunnery vs. the ejected airspeeder pilot’s Stealth? Roll vs. 3 Difficulty + 1 Setback for cover. Success will mean you spotlight the pilot, and he surrenders. Failure means he slips out of sight and you can’t get a clean shot.

TIE Intimidation : 1eA+2eP+3eD+1eS 1 success
a-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s.png d-f-f.png d-th.png d-th.png s--.png

Ha! Got em!

@Edgehawk is there a check to follow the gunner in the ship?

26 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk is there a check to follow the gunner in the ship?

Sorry, yes. You may make the same Gunnery roll as @bsmith23 above.

Okay, so if I have it right, next is Fitzy, then new round?

Structured time can be over, with the exception of @Shlambate , who needs to roll initiative (Vigilance).

You may narrate the capture of the 3 airmen and administering the shot to Fitz .

@Rabobankrider @bsmith23 @Shlambate You three were privy to the holo-message.

Edit to add: When a pbp encounter is essentially over, I sometimes like to wrap it up so the mopping-up scene doesn’t take a week or two in real life. I don’t mean to deprive your awesome PCs of their rolls, however. If, when structured time is over, there is a roll you would still like to make- go ahead! The results I narrate can be adjusted to include your Advantages and Triumphs (but yes, potentially also negative results), generally without changing the overall resolution of the scene too drastically. For example, if @Rimsen wants to roll for administering the injection:

Easy Medicine check (roll Medicine skill and ranks (+1Boost for prone) versus just the 1 Challenge die)

Evon could make the check, hoping for Triumphs to help the party going forward in some way. @Imperial Stormtrooper Briar still has a Triumph to distribute from her Valuable Facts. You may bank it, use it now, or I can simply provide a “valuable fact” to you.

Edited by Edgehawk

Vigilance : 4eA 1 success, 4 advantage
a-a.png a-a.png a-s.png a-a-a.png

20 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Vigilance : 4eA 1 success, 4 advantage
a-a.png a-a.png a-s.png a-a-a.png

You are up first. You have lost sight of the girl, but now see a massiff in the crevice below you. It is snarling and taking a defensive posture. Adversary 1 w/2 setbacks for cover/guarded stance, but 1 Boost for its lack of space to maneuver in, if you attack.

Can it even reach me if I don’t engage?

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

and administering the shot to Hale.

Um. 'scuse me? :D

I'd rather not...

23 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Um. 'scuse me? :D

I'd rather not...

Sorry again. I think I envision Fitz as Hale’s evil twin, and keep mixing the names up.

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Can it even reach me if I don’t engage?

You aren’t certain. You suspect it could, but it isn’t.

So, the pilot and the gunner have both been arrested? How close did Briar end up to Hale, and/or Drogos?

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

You aren’t certain. You suspect it could, but it isn’t.

So it would be 4eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS?

18 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So, the pilot and the gunner have both been arrested? How close did Briar end up to Hale, and/or Drogos?

Yes. You stunned one, and the pilots pinned down the other two. Briar is Medium range from both Hale and Drogos, but from different directions.

8 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

So it would be 4eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS?

yes

6 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Structured time can be over, with the exception of @Shlambate , who needs to roll initiative (Vigilance).

You may narrate the capture of the 3 airmen and administering the shot to Fitz .

@Rabobankrider @bsmith23 @Shlambate You three were privy to the holo-message.

Edit to add: When a pbp encounter is essentially over, I sometimes like to wrap it up so the mopping-up scene doesn’t take a week or two in real life. I don’t mean to deprive your awesome PCs of their rolls, however. If, when structured time is over, there is a roll you would still like to make- go ahead! The results I narrate can be adjusted to include your Advantages and Triumphs (but yes, potentially also negative results), generally without changing the overall resolution of the scene too drastically. For example, if @Rimsen wants to roll for administering the injection:

Evon could make the check, hoping for Triumphs to help the party going forward in some way. @Imperial Stormtrooper Briar still has a Triumph to distribute from her Valuable Facts. You may bank it, use it now, or I can simply provide a “valuable fact” to you.

Not necessary, I wanted to do that so we can capture Fitz. We probably need the girl on,y but we can interrogate Fitz if he has something useful for us to tell.

5 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Not necessary, I wanted to do that so we can capture Fitz. We probably need the girl on,y but we can interrogate Fitz if he has something useful for us to tell.

Fair enough! I also understand not wanting to risk a Despair in a situation that has basically been resolved- just don’t want to steal anybody’s fun, by concluding a scene when they were just about to do something.

Lightsaber : 4eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 advantage
a-s-s.png a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png b--.png c-f-th.png d-f-th.png s-f.png s--.png

7 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Lightsaber : 4eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 advantage

I responded in the IC with some observations Drogos made with the Advantage.

Also, @Shlambate , how would you like to handle Morality and Conflict for Drogos? Should I assign Conflict at appropriate times, or would you prefer to handle it narratively? Either way, I will be tracking it somewhat.

However you think it’s easiest for you to track.

21 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

However you think it’s easiest for you to track.

Tracking is no problem. Are you looking for any sort of fall/redemption arc? If not, we can probably just handle it narratively unless/until something changes.

Can an inquisitor fall?

Narratively sounds fine to me.

Can I continue to follow the girl?

6 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Can I continue to follow the girl?

Yes. It appears she has entered a small cave passage or tunnel. Tight quarters (difficult terrain) for both you and the massiff ahead of you.

So I am slowed if I continue correct.

20 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

So I am slowed if I continue correct.

Yes. Must spend 2 Maneuvers to move a single range band. The massiff has moved this round, placing you a band behind it, with the girl up in front somewhere.