Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

2 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Would Briar have heard of Engineer Feris from the personnel documents?

No, but Cani might be able to confirm if the name is legitimately associated with the engineering operation in the crater.

Edit @Imperial Stormtrooper : This doesn’t really need to be an obstacle. The Sienar Advanced Projects Laboratory located within the crater is “need to know,” but Briar would have clearance, and could have accessed the personnel records once advised of its presence. The name, at least, checks out as belonging to one of the engineers.

Edited by Edgehawk

I wasn't trying to slow things down, I was just wondering if Briar knew anything about this engineer.

Hale would not have heard your message, as he doesn't have his comlink with the scuba gear.

11 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I wasn't trying to slow things down, I was just wondering if Briar knew anything about this engineer.

No, I know. An Average Leadership check can give you a “gut instinct” on whether you think you can trust this guy, based on his file (assuming he is who he purports to be).

Go with your gut : 2eA+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s-a.png d--.png d-th.png

That went way better than I was expecting.

Any check I need to make?

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Any check I need to make?

No check to interpret the sub’s flashing lights, just go with it. To open the panel it will be Avg Mechanics or Hard Brawn.

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

That went way better than I was expecting.

Dr Ferris seems likely to be loyal to the Empire, as he has a daughter in an academy, and family reprisals are not unheard of. Anything in particular you’re looking for with the 2 Advantage?

Just now, Edgehawk said:

No check to interpret the sub’s flashing lights, just go with it. To open the panel it will be Avg Mechanics or Hard Brawn.

Athletics?

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Athletics?

That’s fine.

Athletics : 1eP+3eA+3eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
p-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png a--.png d-f.png d-f.png d-th.png

Really!? I cannot catch a break...

Anything in particular I can do with the 2 Advantage?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Athletics : 1eP+3eA+3eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
p-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png a--.png d-f.png d-f.png d-th.png

Really!? I cannot catch a break...

Anything in particular I can do with the 2 Advantage?

Try the Mechanics check, with a Boost.

16 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Try the Mechanics check, with a Boost.

Okay: Mechanics : 2eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s-s.png b-a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

Ooo! Finally.

Now, what exactly am I looking for? Now that it is open, what do I do?

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Now, what exactly am I looking for? Now that it is open, what do I do?

https://images.app.goo.gl/LZzjZZUUYM5zob8Z9

Now comes another Athletics check. Hard, with a Boost. (“ Tight space. Good luck.”)

Come on, you can do this. You've got to succeed at at least one check you're supposed to be good at: C'mon, please? : 1eP+3eA+1eB+3eD 1 success, 1 threat
p-s-s.png a-s.png a-a.png a--.png b--.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-f.png

Yes! Okay, do I just take 1 Strain with the Threat?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Come on, you can do this. You've got to succeed at at least one check you're supposed to be good at: C'mon, please? : 1eP+3eA+1eB+3eD 1 success, 1 threat
p-s-s.png a-s.png a-a.png a--.png b--.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-f.png

Yes! Okay, do I just take 1 Strain with the Threat?

1 Strain is fine. I’ll sort your reentry tomorrow, but you can narrate yourself in, if you want.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

1 Strain is fine. I’ll sort your reentry tomorrow, but you can narrate yourself in, if you want.

I'll just wait, I'm not actually sure where I am or what exactly I'm coming through. I will narrate my wrestling with the hatch though.

That was an odyssey lol

9 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Dr Ferris seems likely to be loyal to the Empire, as he has a daughter in an academy, and family reprisals are not unheard of. Anything in particular you’re looking for with the 2 Advantage?

I can't think of anything special. Is recovering two strain ok?

6 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I can't think of anything special. Is recovering two strain ok?

Go ahead!

I can go to the AT-TE right?

15 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I can go to the AT-TE right?

Sure, but take 3 Strain for the pressure at this depth (inquisitor armor is mostly just torso and helm). It is a Hard Athletics to squeeze in through the panel access. Additional attempts may be possible, though Drogo could accrue additional Strain until he successfully maneuvers inside.

If needed, Den is happy to take a swim out and try to smash the glass of the cockpit to stop the walker moving. Do you guys think that'll help?

6 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

If needed, Den is happy to take a swim out and try to smash the glass of the cockpit to stop the walker moving. Do you guys think that'll help?

I'm not sure if that cockpit connects to the forward compartment in any way, if it does then it might flood the inside with water.

5 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I'm not sure if that cockpit connects to the forward compartment in any way, if it does then it might flood the inside with water.

To your knowledge, the pilot/spotter cockpit is sealed, and has its own canopy which hinges upward.