Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Just now, Rimsen said:

Can we identify that tapping? Is it some kind of code, message? Maybe Knowledge warfare/education?

Oh, yeah, I meant to ask about that. If possible, I'd like to try that too.

I would also like to try and identify the meaning of the noise, if allowed.

Average Warfare to find out more about the mystery sounds (anyone in the cenote, except Drogos has probably not been exposed to this in any of his training). Results will determine quantity and quality of interpretation. Codebreaking and related talents apply.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It hasn't been mentioned, so I'm guessing it hasn't been touched, but is the hatch still open? If so, I'd like to put on my mask (incidental?), grab a guy (putting the second mask on him) (action), and jump into the water (maneuver).

Hmm... I sort of hand waved the hatch thing, but if it is still open, why isn’t water simply pouring in? Maybe I’m missing something?

It is on the bottom of the AT-TE, so there is no way for air to escape. Like putting a glass into water upside down.

Average Knowledge (Warfare) check: Knowledge (Warfare) : 2eP+2eD 1 failure
p--.png p-a.png d-f-th.png d--.png

Ah, phooey. The second worst possible roll with 2 Proficiency.

7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It is on the bottom of the AT-TE, so there is no way for air to escape. Like putting a glass into water upside down.

Heh. Fair enough. Should work well enough for our starwarsy-junk-science-fantasy purposes. Carry on.

9 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Ah, phooey. The second worst possible roll with 2 Proficiency.

Okay. So you thought you caught a pattern in the surrounding noises, but you lost it. You’re not sure either way, but you can no longer discern it from the other sounds.

If you are okay with the sequence of events I proposed, what would be the difficulty of the check and do I need to roll initiative?

7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If you are okay with the sequence of events I proposed, what would be the difficulty of the check and do I need to roll initiative?

Roll skill of choice for initiative. It will be Brawl opposed by 2 purple, 1 red (I’m flipping destiny, just because).

Initiative (doesn't actually matter, same pool for both): Initiative : 1eP+1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
p--.png a-s-a.png

Ah, phooey. Those blanks again :( well, 1:1 isn't too bad, right?

Did you want me to go ahead and roll the Brawl check? I thought I was supposed to wait for initiative.

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Ah, phooey. Those blanks again :( well, 1:1 isn't too bad, right?

Afraid they see your move coming, at least the guy you’re going for does.

Do you want me to post my response IC?

Removing 1 difficulty from codebreaker.

What's that noise? : 1eP+3eA+1eD 4 successes
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-s.png a-s.png d-f-th.png

Attempting Warfare for code

Recognize code : 1eA+2eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat
a-s.png p-s.png p-s.png d-f.png d-th.png

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Did you want me to go ahead and roll the Brawl check? I thought I was supposed to wait for initiative.

Yeah. Wait for your slot to make the roll. The opposing initiative is: Initiative : 1eA+2eP 4 successes, 1 Triumph
a-s.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png

I think Hale must inadvertently telegraph his intent, perhaps due to the unwieldy dive suit? The trooper’s disruptor rifle, which had been casually pointing in his direction, is now pressed into his shoulder and leveled. You may proceed as you wish, but I think a Cool check might be in order? Or at least a Setback to his action.

How about this (for the fluff text): Hale started to put his mask on, alerting them that he was about to try something.

For the consequence, how about an Upgrade in difficulty? If a Despair is triggered, the guy fires. Since he didn't take an action on this turn, it wouldn't exactly end up with a free action.

That would set the difficulty at Hard with 2 upgrades. Do you want me to proceed?

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

That would set the difficulty at Hard with 2 upgrades. Do you want me to proceed?

Go for it.

:) ooo boy. Let's see how this goes...

This is gonna hurt... Kidnapping the trooper: Brawl : 2eP+2eA+2eC+1eD 3 failures, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s.png a--.png a-s.png c-f-f.png c-f-f.png d-f-f.png

REALLY?! Man, I'm beating the odds in all the wrong ways today. Hey, at least I didn't roll a Despair.

Since I failed the check, I still have my maneuver, right? I'd like to jump back into the water and swim under the belly of the walker and grab on.

1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

Attempting Warfare for code

Recognize code : 1eA+2eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat
a-s.png p-s.png p-s.png d-f.png d-th.png

Threat = distracted driving.

”If piloting a ship, sudden maneuvers force the ship to slow down by 1 point of speed.”

The sub is still just ahead of the AT-TE, but they are now moving at the same rate.

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Since I failed the check, I still have my maneuver, right? I'd like to jump back into the water and swim under the belly of the walker and grab on.

That’s fine. Hale should’ve been a gambler.

I’ll sort the mystery code tomorrow or Friday.

@Edgehawk , does the vacuum sealed feature of Den's armour protect him from the pressure of being under water (I don't want a duros half the starting size :p). If we're in front of the walker Den is thinking maybe if it won't stop for the sub he can try drift onto the front.

18 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , does the vacuum sealed feature of Den's armour protect him from the pressure of being under water (I don't want a duros half the starting size :p). If we're in front of the walker Den is thinking maybe if it won't stop for the sub he can try drift onto the front.

The vacuum sealed feature can protect him for a short duration.

The sound patterns do indeed contain a message, a variant of Mandalorian dadita. Briar deciphers the full message as follows:

“Sub Cambarus. SFS Engineer Feris. Forward compartment secure. Access beneath. Inertial compensator generator panel. Tight space. Good luck.“

Would Briar have heard of Engineer Feris from the personnel documents?