Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Any of the available mounta can swim, so we can descend on the water surface to look for troopers in the AT-TE?

Seconded. It might still have air. Hale would want to save as many as he can.

3 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Any of the available mounta can swim, so we can descend on the water surface to look for troopers in the AT-TE?

I’m afraid the mounts won’t be of much use in or on the water, but you might find something useful while securing/searching the crater base.

@SithArissa You could choose amphibious modification retroactively, as the starting attachment I offered you, though your walker would be less agile underwater.

Still want the AI tbh.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

I’m afraid the mounts won’t be of much use in or on the water, but you might find something useful while securing/searching the crater base.

@SithArissa You could choose amphibious modification retroactively, as the starting attachment I offered you, though your walker would be less agile underwater.

That would be Survival or Perception I assume?

Hmm... If rescue is the desired outcome, then time is of the essence.

How about anyone who wishes to partake in the search and rescue can just flip a destiny point to secure appropriate gear (maybe Drogos has his old Jedi rebreather on his utility belt, or there are a couple dive sleds about)?

2 hours ago, SithArissa said:

Still want the AI tbh.

You may narrate the walker’s ai as desired.

Or How about speeder bikes for everyone? They float above the surface of anything they just need a surface.

3 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Or How about speeder bikes for everyone? They float above the surface of anything they just need a surface.

There could certainly be some bikes about, but not sure how useful they’ll be for this. The water seems pretty deep, and the tank would blend in rather well.

Submarine from episode 1?

5 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Submarine from episode 1?

Sure. Flip 2 Destiny Points and you’ve got yourselves a sub. There is a small dive platform near the bottom of the crater, with a Hydrospeare Corp Explorer Submersible (SoR).

I'm in, flip those DPs for the submarine

4 hours ago, Rimsen said:

I'm in, flip those DPs for the submarine

I’m experiencing technical difficulties, and am having trouble posting a link, but I put the sub on swsheets.

Average Check w/ 1 Setback to locate the AT-TE. Roll Survival for tracking via visual sensors, or Computers for sonar.

Well, I can pilot the thing, but only green on the checks.

Just now, bsmith23 said:

Well, I can pilot the thing, but only green on the checks.

Piloting (planetary) will come into play, but no check needed to just enter the water.

11 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Survival - Looking for the AT-TE : 1eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png a-a.png d-f.png d-th-th.png s--.png

If someone also in the submarine, assist for boost :D

Just take a Strain for the threat.

Sub holds: Pilot, co-pilot, gunner, turret gunner, 2 passengers; maybe room for a few others squeezed into storage, for short-term emergency evacuation, but no space for medical treatment.

Edited by Edgehawk

Can Hale change into scuba gear in the sub so that he can assist in rescue ops?

By the way, Luks has Piloting (Planetary) . Scratch that, I was confused. Somar does though.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

I have 2P1A in planetary. 1P2A in gunnery if its needed.

Yousa drivin' da bongo, den!

2 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Yousa drivin' da bongo, den!

Hale gives Luks a wry look, Please don't tell me the doc's gonna be speaking Gungan the whole time. I'll start my dive now, if that's the case.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Can Hale change into scuba gear in the sub so that he can assist in rescue ops?

You can flip a point for dive gear, but the sub is pretty cramped. Might need to hitch a ride on the outside.

Okay, *flip* I'll hitch a ride.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hale gives Luks a wry look, Please don't tell me the doc's gonna be speaking Gungan the whole time. I'll start my dive now, if that's the case.

Da speedest way tooda Walker tis goen through de planet core. Now go!

I would never be able to wash off me, if I did that in IC xD However too good joke to miss it :D

Edited by Rimsen

See ya doc! *salutes* *splash*