Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@SithArissa Just to make sure it's clear, Garand Hale doesn't like Cani Patral. It's nothing against you, it's just the characters.

Changing my mind full auto attack on everyone. Joking. I know, fully embracing the Empire in the character. She's not meant to be likeable.

@Edgehawk , sorry, I forgot it was freeform in terms of order.

Den will take two strain to move to close range: Den Combat Check : 2eP+1eA+1eC 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png c-d.png Well, it would have been a great shot... Den may be loosing his stormtrooper status over this (or possibly gaining it) 😛

So, what happens with the despair. I'll edit the ic when I know what happens.

@Rabobankrider Medium range is as near as you can get to Fitzsimmons without leaping off the platform, but the roll will work as it stands (Cani’s Close range is for vehicular scale).

For the Despair... Through user error or malfunction, Den’s rifle fails to switch to stun...? Does that sound reasonable? If so, you may narrate accidentally finishing off the traitor.

Edited by Edgehawk
Clarity

Oh... I was hoping he'd just shoot me...

5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh... I was hoping he'd just shoot me...

The Upgrade was for Adversary 1; Hale was only in the line of fire from Cani’s walker, not standard weapons (Fitzsimmons is dangling well below you, you attacked from short range).

Edited by Edgehawk
Name confusion

I think you had a typo, I am not hanging below me ;) .

Ah, okay. Noo... my prisoner... T__T

My mistake, here is the missing difficulty dice: Missed Difficulty Dice : 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat
d-th.png

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me for the despair (I was scared I'd shot up one of my teammates so I'll take whatever avoids that). I'll edit the ic to show the decision.

Just checking in, all. Camping with my son, and don’t think I’ll be posting at all this weekend. I’ll get something up Sunday night or early in the week.

On 10/13/2019 at 6:10 AM, Rimsen said:

Edit: advantages, may I use them to drop 2 strain? I addressed this in my IC post.

This is fine.

So are we out of combat?

Attempting to bring the Phantom down safely...

1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

Attempting to bring the Phantom down safely...

For added excitement, I think I’ll flip a destiny point to Upgrade the Hard Mechanics check. 😈

4 hours ago, Shlambate said:

So are we out of combat?

For the moment, if you are going to acquiesce to the Intrepid’s orders.

I don't intend on starting anything (well, continuing unnecessarily, at any rate).

Yeah, this could be the opposite of good...

Mechanics check to avoid bad stuff : 3eA+2eD+1eC 1 failure, 2 threat
a--.png a-a.png a--.png d-th.png d-th-th.png c-f.png

Im goint to activate Second Chance and reroll 1 green...

Second Chance talent : 1eA 2 successes
a-s-s.png

That's a net of 1 success and 2 threat.

I bring herdown hard, but not a total loss I guess.

Edited by bsmith23
Reroll with talent

With the fight over, I would let of some steam (Cool, Discipline?) then get back on working on the animals, while waiting for the Intrepid

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Discipline check to recover Strain: Relax, it's okay, you didn't fall 200 yards, you're fine. : 1eP+1eA 1 success, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a--.png

Oooo, what does the Triumph do?

The CRB recommends boost for other's Discipline check, but Cool has the option to recover 3 strains for Triumph. I guess both can be relevant as an after battle relaxing.

Mine:

Discipline - getting together after the firefight : 3eA 2 successes, 3 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png

I'd like to recover my 2 strain and maybe I can grab onto some detail with my 3 advantage that propels our situation? @Edgehawk

Edited by Rimsen
Advantages

Since I'm recovering strain, I'd like to recover 3 Strain for the Triumph, if @Edgehawk will allow it. Otherwise, I'd like to pass on a Boost as I say something relatively inspiring.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Since I'm recovering strain, I'd like to recover 3 Strain for the Triumph, if @Edgehawk will allow it. Otherwise, I'd like to pass on a Boost as I say something relatively inspiring.

Now you have to come up with a badass one-liner :D

4 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Now you have to come up with a badass one-liner :D

Huzzah! Nobody died!

Will that do?

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Huzzah! Nobody died!

Will that do?

Hale : Well 'tis the season.

Cani : What season?

Hale : The Fall.

Cani : Requesting permission to open fire.....

@Edgehawk , could everyone hear the com message at the top of your post? I'll edit my ic a little if so.

42 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , could everyone hear the com message at the top of your post? I'll edit my ic a little if so.

It was essentially directed at all the imperial forces at the crater.

Cool, I updated the ic.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:19 PM, Rabobankrider said:

As he talks he readjusts his grip on his own rifle, looking back down to give it a cursory glance over. He couldn't see anything that had changed since the last mission, it would probably be fine. Besides, if it wasn't, he had plenty of back up options.

That foreshadowing though! :P