Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@SithArissa is already up there. At this point, no one is going to interfere if Briar wishes to head on up.

The Devil came down to Tatooine and he was looking for a soul to steal.

He Did

@Edgehawk Would Codebreaker apply to the computers check since it is related to decryption of communications?

8 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

@Edgehawk Would Codebreaker apply to the computers check since it is related to decryption of communications?

If Briar is trying to establish whether comms have been compromised or not, then yes. Codebreaker would not really apply to tracking the walker, however, which is what Cani is up to. You may otherwise assist one another, though.

It seems, unless we need a survival check, that we got the walker tracking covered, so I was thinking about trying to find out who sent the messages to Porel.

Comms Check : 2eP+2eA+2eD 2 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png d--.png d--.png

I can't really think of any uses for the advantage right now, since boosts to interact with the comm system probably won't help anyone...

Could you upgrade the ability of Cani's check?

Vigilance - Tuskens : 3eA 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-s-a.png a-a.png

7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Could you upgrade the ability of Cani's check?

Already did it, assuming the instrument was in the base.

I mean use the Advantage to Upgrade your check on the array.

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

You may narrate the utter annihilation of the Tusken.

Slow standing clap...

@Edgehawk So with the tuskens backing off, do we need something to inspect the beasts we are also here for, or just arrange a transport for them?

Okay...

• The animals. The mounts may be requisitioned without further interference, so long as the Tuskens' personal beasts are not bothered. At least 5 Banthas, and a dozen or so Massiffs can be seen on their encampment platform nearby, which they withdrew to. Otherwise, there are 12 Happabores, 9 Dewbacks, and 6 Varactyls, along with riding tack for all. There also a number of transports and trailers capable of moving them.
  • Locating the missing walker. Instead of physically tracking it, Cani has successfully modified the sensor array to trace its signature through the rare crystals used in the stealth drive. Its present location is several hundred kilometers to the South.
  • The Hotshot has already successfully rolled to detect the cloaked walker, once arrived on the scene.
  • Briar has sliced into the comms, and successfully retrieved some of the messages. The most recent rogue transmission is a hastily sent voice message sent to Porel's datapad: "Operation Carnevale is a go. Is your Captain on board yet? Had a civvy stumble upon our fireworks, so one of my men is taking her to walk the plank... Thanks again for those disruptors. One week. Almost outta this hellhole." The voice is that of the tank commander she has just met, First Sgt. Fitzsimmons. Briar can't help but look back in that direction, as realization dawns, and sees the AT-TE still in the grip of the now-launching LAAT/c. The turret is moving in her direction.

Can I get a bead on the walker/carrier with the TIE?

Edited by bsmith23
spelling

Does Hale see what's going on?

Is the turret on the AT-TE, the LAAT/c, or the base? If it's on the AT-TE, it would have a gunner, right?

1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

Can I get a bead on the walker/carrier with the TIE?

You can, but using vehicular scale, it will be Upgraded (a miss could mean friendly fire).

47 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Does Hale see what's going on?

Sure.

42 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Is the turret on the AT-TE, the LAAT/c, or the base? If it's on the AT-TE, it would have a gunner, right?

It is the AT-TE itself that is focusing its turret toward the tower, so yes, there is likely a dedicated gunner.

May I shoot at the gunner? What would be the difficulty?

I would think that it's a normal shot with a couple Setback for cover since it's an exposed position and I'm not shooting at the vehicle.

9 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I would think that it's a normal shot with a couple Setback for cover since it's an exposed position and I'm not shooting at the vehicle.

Looked closer, the gunner is exposed, though somewhat protected. Long range (personal scale), 2 Setback. From your vantage, there would be no Upgrade.

Initiative everyone! Vigilance or an alternate if you have one.

Initiative : 1eP+1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s.png a-a.png

Are we playing where the PCs can use slots interchangeably?

Vigilance : 4eA 4 successes
a--.png a-s.png a-s.png a-s-s.png

: 2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage

a-s-s.png a-a-a.png

Initiative Knowledge (Warfare) : 1eA+2eP 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png p-a.png p-s.png

45 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

You can, but using vehicular scale, it will be Upgraded (

Nothing a little bacta won't fix...

A little bacta and a lot of reconstructive surgery. Possibly cybernetics as well.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Are we playing where the PCs can use slots interchangeably?

I am open to this, so long as it keeps the game moving with PCs acting as they are able (and doesn't become bogged down with waiting, always trying to maximize the best possible order of play).