Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

52 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

If and when we get a location of Blackwind, I'd like to take the Phantom out in stealth mode to scout the area. I know scanners wont work, but ateast get some visuals that might help us upon approach.

Assuming Briar shares her findings (see above), do you wish to scout the environs surrounding Saleuquest?

@Edgehawk So do you want a post or a roll first?

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk So do you want a post or a roll first?

You may roll Coercion, opposed by 4 Difficulty, with a Boost from the Interrogator (and modified by any pertinent talents).

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Assuming Briar shares her findings (see above), do you wish to scout the environs surrounding Saleuquest?

Absolutely.

7 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

You may roll Coercion, opposed by 4 Difficulty, with a Boost from the Interrogator (and modified by any pertinent talents).

Intimidating only downgrades, or upgrades difficulty so I can't remove dice with that.

Plausible Deniability doesn't work without setback so I assume it is just a flat Daunting Check.

5 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Intimidating only downgrades, or upgrades difficulty so I can't remove dice with that.

Plausible Deniability doesn't work without setback so I assume it is just a flat Daunting Check.

Crap! No Setback, because he's actually being pretty cooperative...

and I mistakenly thought downgrading worked like upgrading and Intimidation would work for you.

You may roll vs. Porel's Cool if you would prefer. Since he is cooperating, it is more catching him off guard than a battle of wills anyway. It would be vs. 1 Difficulty and 2 Challenge dice, which may be downgraded.

Alright Suffer 2 strain to Intimidating so that I can remove the two challenge Dice.

Coercion vs. Cool : 1eP+3eA+1eB+3eD 3 successes, 2 threat
p-a.png a-s.png a-s.png a-s.png b-s.png d-th.png d-f.png d-th-th.png

Nice so he squawks but it takes awhile or Drogos gets a minor headache, or it's not the whole truth.

@Edgehawk Do i post in IC now?

@Edgehawk , I'm assuming that Den would be on duty during the interrogation, would he be stood outside of the door of whatever room it is being carried out in? You can also roll

Btw, im makin v abit defensive arnd brother 4, as she kinda sees her mission “stolen”, plus she also personally doesn’t like the Inquisitorius. Just fyi! :)

Let me know what and when to roll.

6 hours ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk Do i post in IC now?

Go ahead. The only force-related information Porel has to share is second or third-hand, but apparently the queen herself is adept at reflecting blaster fire with a sword. Drogos knows this usually indicates not only force sensitivity, but formal training in a lightsaber form. And it's not an ordinary sword, of course, if it's holding up against blasters.

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , I'm assuming that Den would be on duty during the interrogation, would he be stood outside of the door of whatever room it is being carried out in? You can also roll

Den can be positioned at the door, inside or outside. As part of the task force, you have sufficient security clearance to be present for the interrogation if you wish.

7 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Let me know what and when to roll.

Average Perception.

17 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Average Perception.

Perception flight over Blackwind Crater : 1eA+1eP+2eD 1 success, 2 threat
a-s.png p-s.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

Still learning the nuances of this new cloaking ability, I guess. That, or the bugs haven't been worked out completely yet...

Edited by bsmith23

@bsmith23 Roll Vigilance for Initiative please.

So who is where right now? Are we all in the same ship, and did we finish interrogating Porel before leaving or are we doing that during the trip?

6 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So who is where right now? Are we all in the same ship, and did we finish interrogating Porel before leaving or are we doing that during the trip?

Everyone is aboard the shuttle, except for the new pilot, who is scouting ahead in the stealth fighter. The task force is currently en route to Saleuquest Overland Expeditions, to requisition the contents of their stables for ground operations. Briar is spiking the datapad, and has just found a link connecting their destination to the Veiled Sorority... and they are nearly there.

The Interrogator and Inquisitor are also questioning the prisoner (in the shuttle, on the way). The Stormcrow can accommodate a crew of 6 and 30 passengers. Though only silhouette 4, its roughly pyramidal body has 3 levels; while not exactly spacious, it suffices for these purposes, on the fly as it were.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Rimsen @Shlambate Take 2 Strain apiece, for your respective Threats generated during the interrogation. While cooperative, Porel would not stop talking, and separating the wheat from the chaff proves stressful. @bsmith23 Your Threats will come into play after you roll for Initiative.

8 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 Roll Vigilance for Initiative please.

Standard Vigilance : 2eA 4 successes
a-s-s.png a-s-s.png

I also have the talent "Know the Enemy", which allows me to roll Knowledge (Warfare) for initiative, so...

Knowledge (Warfare) : 1eA+2eP 2 successes, 3 advantage
a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png

1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

Standard Vigilance : 2eA 4 successes
a-s-s.png a-s-s.png

I also have the talent "Know the Enemy", which allows me to roll Knowledge (Warfare) for initiative, so...

Knowledge (Warfare) : 1eA+2eP 2 successes, 3 advantage
a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png

You may use the first (Vigilance) this time, but roll only once in future. Whenever Initiative is called, you may use Warfare in place of Vigilance or Cool, at your discretion. You're up!

If I've been spotted, I'm going to head back. I'll stay cloacked till I can get out of visual range, then drop the cloak and report back.

Edited by bsmith23
  • Average Leadership, Coercion or Negotiation to requisition the mounts. The outfitter is really in no position to argue, and is basically already just a front for Hellhound Crater's other activities. Tuskens are not known to always be compelled by reason, however. If you go with Coercion, I will be Upgrading the check once.
  • Average Survival with 2 Setback to track the missing walker. Working as a group can make it a skilled assist check, and also provide up to 2 Boosts.
  • Daunting Perception to detect it, if cloaked. The shipwright and the hotshot, having some experience with the stealth tech, can provide Boosts for this.
  • Hard Computers or Mechanics to inspect comms array atop tower. Average Stealth with 1 Upgrade and 2 Setback to sneak up top; or Average Deception, perhaps Charm, to provide an excuse for access... or just exercise your authority and do it (Average Leadership).

No one has more than 1 rank in Survival, best dice pool is Veitra's YGG. I know how skilled assist checks work, but I was wondering if you would allow that since we have 4 people with 1 rank in Survival, if we could get an additional upgrade?

I will allow more than one group of PCs to make the check, with the Boosts (individually, each PC can only be a part of one check, though). Also, this is not necessarily a roadblock, if the survival checks are not successful.

Then we could have Briar Ostell in with Hale or someone who has Survival, because he has 3 Cunning, but no ranks in Survival.

I'd use Coercion for the requisition and I have 1 rank in Intimidation, so for 1 strain I can downgrade the check.

Who exactly am i talking to? I am coercing tusken, did i get it right? Are they civilized? Or savages like in EP4?

Edited by Rimsen