Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

50 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Where are the squamatans? Stormcrow? Resort?

The ringleader is being held by the task force, on the Stormcrow, I believe. The others are being held in the resort’s lockup.

50 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I assume that they'd be imprisoned separately as per standard operating procedures.

The Banshees would have delivered them into detention, and could have given instructions to hold them separately. I’m going to treat them as a single minion group for the interrogation, but you may narrate them as individual interviews. Checks will be Average Difficulty (vs 2eD). Any number of skills might be applied, but only a single check for each skill.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Rabobankrider , is Den game?

I say we start with the small fry first, Hale has a couple ideas.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Den is always down for violence! Unless he was needed for anything immediately after the attack, he will have retired to the bar.

@Edgehawk , what check should I make for that? Any Boost or Setback for my approach?

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , what check should I make for that? Any Boost or Setback for my approach?

Seemed relatively mild for Coercion, but definitely had coercive elements, if you were aiming for that? Negotiation would also be acceptable. Add a Boost for your IC post; add another Boost for Den’s presence, if you use Coercion.

6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Seemed relatively mild for Coercion, but definitely had coercive elements, if you were aiming for that? Negotiation would also be acceptable. Add a Boost for your IC post; add another Boost for Den’s presence, if you use Coercion.

Ah, I'll go Coercion: Make him an offer he can't refuse : 1eP+2eA+2eB+2eD 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png b--.png b-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

Oooo... :D

10 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Ah, I'll go Coercion: Make him an offer he can't refuse : 1eP+2eA+2eB+2eD 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png b--.png b-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

Oooo... :D

Nice! You do a good job with the bunch, but of course these guys don’t have much to offer, in terms of actionable intelligence.

For the Advantage... maybe one of them says something about their ringleader (the Squamatan who rallied the rest of them to help Crispin escape), something that could provide a Boost to that interrogation check?

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Nice! You do a good job with the bunch, but of course these guys don’t have much to offer, in terms of actionable intelligence.

For the Advantage... maybe one of them says something about their ringleader (the Squamatan who rallied the rest of them to help Crispin escape), something that could provide a Boost to that interrogation check?

Yes please.

Is the doctor back in the ship yet?

Sorry for all the fishy puns. I might be done now. :D

2 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Is the doctor back in the ship yet?

Pretty sure @Rimsen narrated him returning to the ship.

@Edgehawk he said he left the med bay I don't think he said he returned to the ship from what I read in IC

21 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk he said he left the med bay I don't think he said he returned to the ship from what I read in IC

He glances into the mirror of the medbay one last time to check his new eye before leaving. ,,I guess I'll get used to it... sooner or later. Anyway, shouldn't keep the Inquisitor waiting." - a nd he starts pacing back to the ship -

I guess I can just assume he arrives then

Yes, i meant that post as a transition. I definitely arrived.

Edited by Rimsen

I will be backpacking with my son, Friday through Monday; Tuesday will be hectic with his first day of virtual learning for the school year. I might be able to post over the long weekend, but if I don’t, look for something Wednesday.

The checks are posted upthread, if you are ready to start the other interrogations.

I'm sorry I thought Hale and Den is interrogating another prisoner, not our or the check is the same?

On 8/26/2020 at 10:32 AM, Edgehawk said:

Interrogation checks:

• Sniper: Average Social check (relevant skill of choice), with 1 Setback. He has already confessed to being a freelance bounty hunter, and a willingness to cooperate. 2eD+1eS (unmodified for talents).
  • Squamatan Ringleader: Rallied the remaining beach brawlers to help cover the renegade operator’s escape. Average Social check, with Difficulty Upgraded once. Also 1 Setback, so vs 1eD+1eC+1eS, unmodified for Talents.

Medicine checks:

• Downed rebel pilot: 1eD+1eC+1eS, to rouse enough to permit interrogation.
  • Gunman (shot by Den): 2eD+2eC (2 Crits, as he had already been stabbed, before Den shot him).

@Rimsen @Shlambate

Edited by Edgehawk

Hale and Luks have a Boost on the check to interrogate the ringleader, and that's where I had them going next. I thought Evon and Drogos were going to take the others.

@Rimsen , @Shlambate , who do you want us to go for? Hale and Luks can pass on the Boost with some communication.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hale and Luks have a Boost on the check to interrogate the ringleader, and that's where I had them going next. I thought Evon and Drogos were going to take the others.

@Rimsen , @Shlambate , who do you want us to go for? Hale and Luks can pass on the Boost with some communication.

I don’t think the difficulty for our target has been detailed. The sniper wasn’t included in the rolls list.

1 minute ago, Shlambate said:

I don’t think the difficulty for our target has been detailed. The sniper wasn’t included in the rolls list.

Because he needs medical attention first.

3 hours ago, Shlambate said:

The sniper wasn’t included in the rolls list.

The sniper who shot Drogos is ready for interrogation. The other balcony gunman (who took the hostage, and was shot by Den) requires medical assistance, prior to the possibility of interrogation.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Because he needs medical attention first.

4 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The sniper who shot Drogos is ready for interrogation. The other balcony gunman (who took the hostage, and was shot by Den) requires medical assistance, prior to the possibility of interrogation.

Oh, whoops. Sorry, I got the two confused.

If I remember right, I found some dataspikes when the Phantom was trying to be hijacked. Dont think we have delved into those. No rush, just planning. Enjoy your weekend @Edgehawk .

My bad. I missed that post.

Sorry I disappeared busy week. Will roll soon for the interrogation.

@Shlambate I can start the questioning and we can play the bad cop - even worse cop! :D

Edited by Rimsen