Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Oh! Since We're not really going anywhere, I'll aim also. Assuming that's not a problem. If it is we can ignore it

Oops : 1eB 0 successes
b--.png

lol, it didn't matter anyway.

The droid topples over and ceases its whirring and chirping. @Imperial Stormtrooper and @bsmith23 , the astromech is out of the fight.

3 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Hoe much do we understand what happens in the elevator?

Probably don’t know exactly what is happening, but would have heard the explosion, and noted the closed doors.

The lift has been damaged by the blast, and will require both a Hard Computers check and a Hard Mechanics check, to function. Also, the lift doors are jammed until both checks Succeed. You are effectively out of structured time at the moment, so go ahead and roll when you get the chance. It may be assumed that you will assist one another, skilled or otherwise, whichever is better. @bsmith23 @Imperial Stormtrooper

45 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The lift has been damaged by the blast, and will require both a Hard Computers check and a Hard Mechanics check, to function. Also, the lift doors are jammed until both checks Succeed. You are effectively out of structured time at the moment, so go ahead and roll when you get the chance. It may be assumed that you will assist one another, skilled or otherwise, whichever is better. @bsmith23 @Imperial Stormtrooper

Computers 3G, Mechanics 2G1Y

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Computers 3Y1G, Mechanics 4G.

Also should we post IC for the annihilation of the droid then another for the lift, or does it even matter?

2 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Also should we post IC for the annihilation of the droid then another for the lift, or does it even matter?

It doesn’t really matter. Same or separate posts.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

It doesn’t really matter. Same or separate posts.

Shouldn't repairing the lift come in the next round?

7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Shouldn't repairing the lift come in the next round?

Yeah. Probably doesn’t matter too much, but you can hold off if you wish. @Imperial Stormtrooper and @bsmith23 . Since there is the possibility of help from outside the lift, or simply lightsabering into the lift, I suppose you should probably remain in structured time and narrate the comp/mech checks next round.

Edited by Edgehawk

@bsmith23 @Barbaross41 Post something IC when you have the opportunity. Maybe something about Ral’s droid-induced neurosis. Hawk took out the last of the active combatants.

Sometime today.

@bsmith23 no peering out of the lift quite yet. It is currently inoperable, and the doors are jammed shut.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 no peering out of the lift quite yet. It is currently inoperable, and the doors are jammed shut.

Edited.

@Edgehawk , when it comes round to Den's turn, would he have spotted the lift shut? and if so can he try to prize it open with his knife or something?

37 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , when it comes round to Den's turn, would he have spotted the lift shut? and if so can he try to prize it open with his knife or something?

Hard Athletics or Mechanics can open the doors, at least enough to squeeze in and out. Other than a few still held in the Inquisitor’s thrall, there are no enemies here at the moment. Den (and anyone) may act whenever you are ready.

Den Athletics Check : 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 success
p-s-a.png p-s.png a-s-a.png d-f.png d-th-th.png d-f.png I'll sort an ic post after work if that's alright.

@Edgehawk I will go last this round as my force choke lasts until my next turn and I would like to keep the rebels as sitting ducks for the time being.

Hale:
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Brawl: Myk Tisen's Punch Out : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 6 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-tr.png a-s.png a-s-s.png b-s.png d-th.png d--.png

:)

That's very satisfying.

@Edgehawk , have a successfully lulled them to sleep? Does that require expenditure of the Triumph, or may I use that for something else?

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , have a successfully lulled them to sleep? Does that require expenditure of the Triumph, or may I use that for something else?

They’re out. Spend Triumph separately.

The task force can look forward to a duo of independently-run PC-level recurring nemeses. When interacting with the team, both games will be run here in the original game. The spinoff threads are for their adventures away from the task force.

edit: lower case use of “nemeses.” Character creation uses same standards as other PCs, so Rivals, really.

Edited by Edgehawk
6 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

They’re out. Spend Triumph separately.

:D

Hale's at Short range from the breached door, correct? The Death Troopers are at the breached door, correct? Can Hale see what's past the breached door?

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

The task force can look forward to a duo of independently-run PC-level recurring nemeses. When interacting with the team, both games will be run here in the original game. The spinoff threads are for their adventures away from the task force.

edit: lower case use of “nemeses.” Character creation uses same standards as other PCs, so Rivals, really.

Are we allowed to read that thread? I'd assume so, but I figured best to double check.

23 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hale's at Short range from the breached door, correct? The Death Troopers are at the breached door, correct? Can Hale see what's past the breached door?

The death troopers have breached the door and are currently clearing the area beyond. You can’t see much without entering yourself, but haven’t heard any shots fired.

25 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

:D Are we allowed to read that thread? I'd assume so, but I figured best to double check.

Sure!

Just now, Edgehawk said:
The death troopers have breached the door and are currently clearing the area beyond. You can’t see much without entering yourself, but haven’t heard any shots fired.

He'll take 2 Strain for a second maneuver to move over to the door and look in.

I'd like to spend the Triumph to notice something important, if I can. If I can't, I'll just pass an Upgrade to Banshee squad.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'd like to spend the Triumph to notice something important

The 2nd Maneuver can get you in. 2 barracks rooms for the security squads, plus a stateroom. For the Triumph, you notice a small scuff mark on the ceiling, near a square-shaped ventilation hatch (inside the stateroom).

Edited by Edgehawk
3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The 2nd Maneuver can get you in. 2 barracks rooms for the security squads, plus a stateroom. For the Triumph, you notice a small scuff mark on the ceiling, near a square-shaped ventilation hatch (inside the stateroom).

Okay, how many targets are in the room? I'm thinking Hale will probably stack up by the door, in cover. He no longer trusts the Death Troopers... :ph34r: