Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Just now, Shlambate said:

Ah ok so like the other side of the intimidating Talent.

Yes.

I can Fearsome out of combat right? It simply says when an adversary becomes engaged with me they may make the check.

Poor Girl is going to have a heart attack.

21 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I can Fearsome out of combat right? It simply says when an adversary becomes engaged with me they may make the check.

Poor Girl is going to have a heart attack.

You can roll for the Fear check, if you like. The pilot’s opposing dice are 2eD.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

You can roll for the Fear check, if you like. The pilot’s opposing dice are 2eD.

The pilot would be the acting character, so their pool would be 2eA. The difference is the subtle distinction between an opponent's Advantage/Triumph and your Threat Despair.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The pilot would be the acting character, so their pool would be 2eA. The difference is the subtle distinction between an opponent's Advantage/Triumph and your Threat Despair.

Fair enough. Technically, your last Discipline check was an NPC Deception check, but I like to let players roll when I can. PC Triumph vs NPC Despair is generally splitting hairs, the way I tend to resolve dice results.

6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Fair enough. Technically, your last Discipline check was an NPC Deception check, but I like to let players roll when I can. PC Triumph vs NPC Despair is generally splitting hairs, the way I tend to resolve dice results.

Well technically it is a fear check so I wouldn't be making that. But What would I be rolling my difficulty dice or a Skill?

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Mmm. Guess we just have different methods.

When an NPC targets a PC, I generally allow the PC to roll the difficulty dice representing their opposition to the check.

My style for social checks is often to hide the NPC's dice so it's harder for the PCs to metagame (intentionally or no) the dice pool. I find it makes things more suspenseful and gives the PCs more freedom in how they react as they are relying entirely on their characters' understanding of the circumstances (the result of the opposing pool).

Just Tell me what to roll @Edgehawk and whether I am Negative or Positive Dice

11 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Just Tell me what to roll @Edgehawk and whether I am Negative or Positive Dice

Just roll positive dice for Fearsome 2, Upgraded once for the mask, so 1eA+1eP vs 2eD for the pilot. Intimidating talent and Skills/ranks won’t come into play. I don’t think taking Strain to Upgrade further makes sense, for a Fear check, even if you’re rolling for it. I may rethink this approach in future.

29 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Just roll positive dice for Fearsome 2, Upgraded once for the mask, so 1eA+1eP vs 2eD for the pilot. Intimidating talent and Skills/ranks won’t come into play. I don’t think taking Strain to Upgrade further makes sense, for a Fear check, even if you’re rolling for it. I may rethink this approach in future.

Since the mask always gave a rank of fearsome would that not be Fearsome 3? I already have two ranks? Or is it Upgrading the Dice? Basically asking if it is 3eA or what you proposed as I wrote it down in a different way on my sheet after the most recent conversation so we wouldn't forget it next time.

11 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Since the mask always gave a rank of fearsome would that not be Fearsome 3? I already have two ranks? Or is it Upgrading the Dice? Basically asking if it is 3eA or what you proposed as I wrote it down in a different way on my sheet after the most recent conversation so we wouldn't forget it next time.

Sorry, yes. Go with what you have on your sheet. I consulted your swsheet, but must have missed it. 3eA for Fearsome 3, then.

Fear : 3eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 threat

She succeeds.

@Edgehawk difficulty for the Coercion? I assume Average like for her fear?

18 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk difficulty for the Coercion? I assume Average like for her fear?

Yes.

Coercion : 1eP+3eA+2eD 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png d--.png d-f.png

Sung like a Canary

@Shlambate roll Initiative.

@bsmith23 make an Average Knowledge (Warfare) check.

Any checks for Hale to get into his armor in under ten minutes? O_O

He got caught with his stormtrooper pants down. :D

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Any checks for Hale to get into his armor in under ten minutes? O_O

He got caught with his stormtrooper pants down. :D

Nah. There’s no time to waste, but you can suit up and get your men there on time.

Detention Cell Desperation

(Quarters too tight for further participants, unless the scuffle spills out of the cell).

Is Briar around either of these events right now?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper
Just now, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Is Briar around either of these events right now?

She can be near either, really- and both are on the shuttle. The detention center scuffle has not drawn attention yet, but Briar could be close enough to detect something’s going on. The Inquisitor appears to be in control of the situation, however. Alternatively, Briar could be closer to the ramp, where Vos and the death trooper have boarded. Briar could elect to go with Banshee Squad.

And obviously Den @Rabobankrider and Hawk @Barbaross41 are part of the Banshee detail, though the latter’s long rifle would not lend itself well to this particular mission.

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Detention Cell Desperation

(Quarters too tight for further participants, unless the scuffle spills out of the cell).

You’re up! She is trying to twist away, possibly toward self-injury.

He will turn off his Saber and use force Choke. Average difficulty?

Edited by Shlambate