Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Nice shot, @Barbaross41 ! Unfortunately, it will take a Triumph or Crit to effectively impact the Y-wing in any meaningful way (otherwise, it’s Armor rating is proof against even your rifle). Just take Strain for the Threat.

Edited by Edgehawk
1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Nice shot, @Barbaross41 ! Unfortunately, it will take a Triumph or Crit to effectively impact the Y-wing in any meaningful way (otherwise, it’s Armor rating is proof against even your rifle). Just take Strain for the Threat.

You have to get past armor before you can crit anyway. A Y-Wing is pretty much impervious to anything short of a Missile Tube or Thermal Detonator.

Hmm.. Maybe Hawk is sniping the exposed astromechs? @Barbaross41

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Hmm.. Maybe Hawk is sniping the exposed astromechs? @Barbaross41

@Edgehawk , that sounds good. I was wondering how to affect the fight!

On 7/25/2020 at 9:33 PM, Edgehawk said:

Aerial Combat Initiative:

Okay! @Barbaross41 Hawk’s shot takes one of the astromechs out of the fight- just let me know if it was from the damaged Y-wing or one of the others. @bsmith23 Ral is up!

9 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

A Y-Wing is pretty much impervious to anything short of a Missile Tube

Since Hawk’s rifle is slow-firing anyway, he could take this upcoming round to retrieve the missile tube from the Stormcrow’s weapons locker, have it ready for the following round? @Barbaross41

7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Okay! @Barbaross41 Hawk’s shot takes one of the astromechs out of the fight- just let me know if it was from the damaged Y-wing or one of the others. @bsmith23 Ral is up!

I'm going to use the 'Stay on Target' to upgrade my attack on the lead I damaged earlier (it will give me a green due to my ranks).

Attacking Fighters : 1eA+3eP+2eD+1eS 1 success, 1 Triumph
a-a.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png p-s.png d-th.png d-th-th.png s-f.png

7 damage before soak.

Instead of rolling crit on the target, can I upgrade the Y's attack difficulty against me?

@bsmith23 That’s fine. The Y-wing has reached its hull threshold, but has not exceeded it.

@bsmith23 The Y-wing ion cannon attack failed (nothing exciting, just 2 Failures), if you want to narrate that in your post. If not, I’ll add it later.

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 The Y-wing ion cannon attack failed (nothing exciting, just 2 Failures), if you want to narrate that in your post. If not, I’ll add it later.

So are we meeting, or exceeding WT to be taken out?

2 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

So are we meeting, or exceeding WT to be taken out?

You have to exceed the Threshold to incapacitate.

Hey, guys. Sorry things have stalled, of late. I’ll get something up this week, work on getting through the dogfight and interrogations.

Probably not the biggest priority here, but do I have the eye surgery before the interrogation?

Just now, Rimsen said:

Probably not the biggest priority here, but do I have the eye surgery before the interrogation?

Didn't you already do that IC, before you drugged up Hale?

I might be wrong but I think i was scheduled to tomorrow morning that's why I couldn't go hunting.

But fight broke out at the evening.

1 minute ago, Rimsen said:

I might be wrong but I think i was scheduled to tomorrow morning that's why I couldn't go hunting.

But fight broke out at the evening.

You are right, it was just a preliminary thing. I misremembered.

7 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Leaving the detainees in their cells for a day (or longer) prior to questioning is standard, so yes, the surgery can happen first. So far as Evon is aware, time is not a crucial element in the interrogations concerned.

In this case I'm evolving from space pirate to Admiral Screed :D

Thanks for your patience, all. I’ll get something up IC either tonight, or more likely tomorrow morning.

Don't worry! We all have lifes to manage! Game comes after that :)

In the structured combat, Ral @bsmith23 is up. I will narrate Evon’s @Rimsen cybernetic eye implant this weekend, and start the interrogation thereafter.

I'm going to go post what I'm picturing IC, basically going g for a 'Xmen Nightcrawler attack'. I'll leave the technical stuff to you. 😝

I'll edit the IC if I need to, it just seemed what would happen cinematically.

Edited by bsmith23

That’s fine, @bsmith23 , but that would be Ral’s Action and Maneuver for the turn. That would make it their turn again, where they could just maneuver and attack, I think? What are you trying to accomplish by doing this? Maybe we can make something work, with a check of some sort?

3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

That’s fine, @bsmith23 , but that would be Ral’s Action and Maneuver for the turn. That would make it their turn again, where they could just maneuver and attack, I think? What are you trying to accomplish by doing this? Maybe we can make something work, with a check of some sort?

Perhaps just treat it as narrative flair for an attack?

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Perhaps just treat it as narrative flair for an attack?

Hmm.. Cloaking/Decloaking requires an Action, so cannot be same round as an Attack. Describing its use in this way seems confusing to me?