Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

@Edgehawk , will it take another turn to reach that shooter on the balcony area? If it doesn't take the entire turn and it isn't obvious is there a check I can make to pick them out of the crowd?

15 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Rimsen , but what if they don't love the Emperor? :D

Who doesn't love the Emperor? Don't be ridiculous... 😄

Edited by Rimsen
10 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , will it take another turn to reach that shooter on the balcony area? If it doesn't take the entire turn and it isn't obvious is there a check I can make to pick them out of the crowd?

Den arrives on the scene with Evon and sees the spectators exiting the balcony, back into the resort proper. Hard Perception or Vigilance for a clue. Triumph can pick the shooter out, but I’m going to flip Destiny, and Despair will indicate a false positive identification.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:31 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

So Force leap+2 Maneuvers would put you to Engaged, and if you match his two Maneuvers next turn you'd be able to act. Do you have the strain for that though? That's 4 Strain.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I’ve chased him the past two turns but he keeps runningggg 😕

im not sure if i’ll have enuf strain. I’m currently 12/17... XD. Wld be a bit risky... if not i’ll just take a shot wif my blaster. I’m medium range now? If so i’ll aim to boost my shot.

56 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I’ve chased him the past two turns but he keeps runningggg 😕

It’s like the slowest chase ever, wading and leaping through the surf. Veitra may Aim and fire from Medium.

Aimed shot : 3eA+2eB+2eC+1eS 3 successes, 1 Despair
a-s-s.png a--.png a-s-s.png b-a.png b-s-a.png c-d.png c-f-th.png s-th.png

For the first time i succeed 😕 but ts a despair 😧

@Edgehawk , is there any way to get closer faster (like an Athletics check), or just Maneuvers? Hale ain't gonna stop, so the Banshees are going to go play backup to try and keep him from getting his fool head blown off. :D

Hale... doesn't really think things through. I'm blaming the drugs Doc shot him up with. <_<

If possible, I'd like for them to spread out to so they aren't grouped together in Blast range.

@Von3679 Veitra’s pistol is either out of ammo, or the sand and water spray has disabled it. Not sure which, but the last shot fails to fire, so Veitra is aware of the malfunction going into the next round.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

but ok XD.

Den Vigilance Check : 2eA+1eC+2eD 0 successes, 3 threat
a-a.png a--.png c-th-th.png d-th.png d-th.png Well Den is good at shooting but not good at calling targets. How much colateral damage is considered too much collateral damage? Asking for a friend.

@Rabobankrider Where is Den and who is he targeting? I thought he was going after the balcony shooter with Evon, and if so, the culprit has not been identified.

34 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rabobankrider Where is Den and who is he targeting? I thought he was going after the balcony shooter with Evon, and if so, the culprit has not been identified.

What about my coercion check? I didn't see the resolution of that.

@Edgehawk , he is going for the balcony, I was joking that Den would just work through the crowd till he got the right one.

8 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Den Vigilance Check : 2eA+1eC+2eD 0 successes, 3 threat
a-a.png a--.png c-th-th.png d-th.png d-th.png Well Den is good at shooting but not good at calling targets. How much colateral damage is considered too much collateral damage? Asking for a former friend.

FTFY

Hey, I've played murder on G-Mod, and the only way to be certain who the murderer is, is to become the murderer yourself!

On 6/16/2020 at 4:19 AM, Rimsen said:

Coercing the guests to follow the sniper : 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d--.png s-th.png

Maybe using the advantage, that the guest saw something that helps us later? Something to identify the sniper?

Okay. Of those exiting from the balcony, 3 immediately comply, and await further questioning, while a number of others seem to be standing by, hesitant. For the Advantage, you may add a Boost to a later related check, or I can just add a clue to the IC when I post, from one of the bystanders.

@Rabobankrider Den fails to pick out any likely suspects, and his pistol waving serves to further disperse the group, rather than coercing them to stay. Some are actively moving away from the scene. Colonel Yularen specifically requested not blowing up the place, and collateral damage is generally deemed unprofessional by the empire’s elite forces.

41 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Okay. Of those exiting from the balcony, 3 immediately comply, and await further questioning, while a number of others seem to be standing by, hesitant. For the Advantage, you may add a Boost to a later related check, or I can just add a clue to the IC when I post, from one of the bystanders.

Im okay with the narrative clue. So to be sure, we suspect that the shooter fled and the civilians might know something?

1 hour ago, Rimsen said:

Im okay with the narrative clue. So to be sure, we suspect that the shooter fled and the civilians might know something?

The balcony proper has not been reached or searched, as yet. Evon and Den have arrived on the scene, and see spectators (presumably) moving back toward them into the resort. The shooter may have possibly fled, but could be mixed in with those fleeing the balcony, or even still outside on the balcony.

Edited by Edgehawk

Wait is this the same balcony I’m climbing to?

7 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Wait is this the same balcony I’m climbing to?

Yes.

Anyone who needs to narrate for this round, get it up! I’ll post IC tomorrow.

Ral @bsmith23 and Hawk @Barbaross41 have reached the top level of the resort this round, and 2 Maneuvers will reach the Phantom’s hangar deck.

@Von3679 , you actually hit the shot. Then it jammed.

Oh. Ohhhhhh. I’m sorry i got confused. I thought when our GM said the last shot failed to fire, it was the “one and only shot” i took.

It completely slipped my mind that the extra success means 2 more shots, my bad. 😧

School rlly be burning me good XD

Edited by Von3679
1 minute ago, Von3679 said:

Oh. Ohhhhhh. I’m sorry i got confused. I thought when our GM said the last shot failed to fire, it was the “one and only shot” i took.

It completely slipped my mind that the extra success means 2 more shots, my bad. 😧

School rlly be burning me good XD

It doesn't mean "extra shots" it just means you did more damage. Despair simply meant that it stopped firing after you completed your attack.

Ahhhhh. Im srry im srry. I keep messing up the rules 😓