Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

8 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Nice! @Edgehawk , just to check, when am i up in the initiative order?

You’re up!

@Edgehawk , has Crispin disengaged? Because of the difficult terrain, it takes 2 Maneuvers. If he only took one maneuver, we're still technically engaged, correct?

14 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , has Crispin disengaged? Because of the difficult terrain, it takes 2 Maneuvers. If he only took one maneuver, we're still technically engaged, correct?

Yes, he has made the effort (2 Maneuvers) to Disengage. I know Hale’s relentless, but he’s going to make you work for it.

@Edgehawk Drogos will reflect to reduce the 11 damage to 2 when combined with Soak

29 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk Drogos will reflect to reduce the 11 damage to 2 when combined with Soak

Drogos attempted to bind Crispin, but there was no indication in the IC that his lightsaber was ignited; plus it was a ranged attack from behind, though I did add your Defense into it. Briar call it out, plus there is always the Force, so I suppose you may have reflected it- for a Destiny Point. I had a surplus, and flipped dp for both npc attacks this turn, so there are plenty to work with. 7 light, 7 dark. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be, right @Shlambate ?

@Edgehawk Flip the Destiny Point if that is what it takes to reduce the damage.

On 6/3/2020 at 3:49 PM, Edgehawk said:

Shoals Initiative :

• Briar 5s, 1a, 1t
  • Hale 5s
  • Crispin 4s, 1a, 1t (Adversary 2, Defense 1)
  • Assassin 3s, 1a
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Squamatan x4 grp1 2s, 1a (Acted)
  • Banshee Squad 2s
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Evon 1s, 3a
  • Squamatan x4 grp2 0s, 2a
  • Hawk @Barbaross41

@Rabobankrider @Shlambate @Von3679 @bsmith23 @Rimsen You are all free to act, in any order. @Barbaross41 I don’t think you ever rolled initiative, but you can act at the end of the turn, following the second npc group.

Wait, so the squamatan are fighting Crispin too? I thought they were working with him.

@Edgehawk , Den would like to see if he can run down the cliff top shooter as I don't think we have weapons to reach them. I imagine it'll be a while to reach it so how long would it take?

6 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , Den would like to see if he can run down the cliff top shooter as I don't think we have weapons to reach them. I imagine it'll be a while to reach it so how long would it take?

A Daunting Athletics check can get you up and within sight of the doorway leading out to the balcony observation deck, by the end of the turn.

Since V’s eyes are fine now, i’ll use my saber to attack crispin since im engaged range.

As i just arrive at the scene, I think I should tend to the most immediate problems, probably the Squamatans shooting at Hale. May I arrive pistol drawn? The commotion is probably heard by Evon prior arriving.

What's the difficulty?

9 hours ago, Von3679 said:

Since V’s eyes are fine now, i’ll use my saber to attack crispin since im engaged range.

You will need to use 2 Maneuvers to re-Engage, through the difficult terrain (or Force leap again, but that would be your Action).

30 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

As i just arrive at the scene, I think I should tend to the most immediate problems, probably the Squamatans shooting at Hale. May I arrive pistol drawn? The commotion is probably heard by Evon prior arriving.

What's the difficulty?

The Squamatans remaining between the imperials and their quarry have not drawn weapons, but appear to be defending Crispin’s retreat. They are competent fighters, and also have the ability to bite or spit venom.

Evon may arrive pistol drawn at this point. Crispin is backing away from the beach, so without further Maneuvering through difficult terrain (sand/shallow water), it will be Long range- just barely, but even a single move to Medium costs double here.

edit: Alternatively, Evon could pass Den before reaching the beach, and decide to go with him (to the balcony sniper).

Edited by Edgehawk

Off to the Phantom to check on the alarm, full speed.

@Edgehawk where exactly did the sniper fire come from?

Hmmm... or can i do 1 manuever then blast him?

Edited by Von3679
6 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

Off to the Phantom to check on the alarm, full speed.

Reaching the hangar platform will require 2 Maneuvers this turn, and 2 next turn (to arrive on your Initiative slot next turn).

5 hours ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk where exactly did the sniper fire come from?

There is an observation platform, a balcony attached to the resort, above the beach. It is Medium distance, straight up from the beach, but Long for any sort of ranged attack firing angle.

4 hours ago, Von3679 said:

Hmmm... or can i do 1 manuever then blast him?

Sure, with Quickdraw you can. That will get you halfway to Engaged.

Shot at Crispin : 3eA+1eB+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage
a--.png a-a.png a-s.png b-a-a.png d-th.png

Shot at Crispin : 2eS 0 successes
s--.png s--.png

@Edgehawk i fire my westar pistol at short range. Using 2 advantage for a crit injury.

Edited by Von3679

Ah i forgot abt the adversary 2 my bad. I’ll add the 2 setback

I forgot abt the defense too...

Sery just woke up so remembered stuff wrong. Here is the check done properly.

Shot at Crispin proper : 3eA+1eB+1eS+1eC+1eD 0 successes, 1 threat
a-a-a.png a--.png a-s-a.png b--.png s-f.png c-th-th.png d-th-th.png

Athletics Check : 2eP+1eA+2eB+4eD 2 failures, 1 advantage
p-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png b-a.png b-s.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png d-th.png Dag nabit, how far does that get Den to the balcony doorway?

19 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

You will need to use 2 Maneuvers to re-Engage, through the difficult terrain (or Force leap again, but that would be your Action).

The Squamatans remaining between the imperials and their quarry have not drawn weapons, but appear to be defending Crispin’s retreat. They are competent fighters, and also have the ability to bite or spit venom.

Evon may arrive pistol drawn at this point. Crispin is backing away from the beach, so without further Maneuvering through difficult terrain (sand/shallow water), it will be Long range- just barely, but even a single move to Medium costs double here.

edit: Alternatively, Evon could pass Den before reaching the beach, and decide to go with him (to the balcony sniper).

Okay, as my pistol's range is short, I'm going with Den

So would the sniper be medium of Drogos at the moment or long?

11 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Athletics Check : 2eP+1eA+2eB+4eD 2 failures, 1 advantage
p-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png b-a.png b-s.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png d-th.png Dag nabit, how far does that get Den to the balcony doorway?

1 additional Maneuver next turn will get you to the Balcony doorway on your Initiative (next turn).

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

So would the sniper be medium of Drogos at the moment or long?

Long range, for line of sight.

@Von3679 Just take a Strain for the Threat.