Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Yes, 2 Strain for second Maneuver. Is the Strain from prior to your rejoining the game? If so, Veitra would have recovered it.

Nope its the 11 strain from the blast lol. Now im at 11, wld be at 13 if i took extra maneuver.

10 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

Nope its the 11 strain from the blast lol. Now im at 11, wld be at 13 if i took extra maneuver.

Did you apply Soak?

18 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Did you apply Soak?

Oh whoops. I didnt 😕 i forgot to XD. Hmmm... if i just do one manuever, how far would that put me? And if i add in one jump, i’d be short range?

2 hours ago, Von3679 said:

Oh whoops. I didnt 😕 i forgot to XD. Hmmm... if i just do one manuever, how far would that put me? And if i add in one jump, i’d be short range?

Yes. Still Short range, but only 1 Maneuver away from Engaged, even with the Difficult terrain.

Hmm... ok i’ll take the 2 strain and move atw to engaged. But i needa do the forcejump check, whats the difficulty? @Edgehawk

Edited by Von3679
9 hours ago, Von3679 said:

Hmm... ok i’ll take the 2 strain and move atw to engaged. But i needa do the forcejump check, whats the difficulty? @Edgehawk

Just an unopposed Force check, with 1 pip required for the leap.

On 5/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, Edgehawk said:

Shoals Initiative :

• Briar 5s, 1a, 1t (Acted)
  • Hale 5s
  • Crispin 4s, 1a, 1t (Adversary 2, Defense 1)
  • Assassin 3s, 1a
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Squamatan grp1 2s, 1a
  • Banshee Squad 2s
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Evon 1s, 3a
  • Squamatan grp2 0s, 2a
  • Hawk @Barbaross41

Anyone who has not yet acted in this current turn, and is in a position to do so, go ahead.

I was half-way engaged with the guy, can I not engage him on my turn?

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Just an unopposed Force check, with 1 pip required for the leap.

: 1eA+1eP+1eF 1 success, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side
a-s.png p-a-a.png f-ls-ls.png

Naisu. Can i spend the advantages and extra force pip to recover strain? Or do something else?

I'll use my turn to try and stun some of the Squamatans, thin out the herd...

8 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I was half-way engaged with the guy, can I not engage him on my turn?

You can, but the minions might potentially get in the way.

7 hours ago, Von3679 said:

Can i spend the advantages and extra force pip to recover strain? Or do something else?

It was just a straight Force check, not Athletics, so just the pips count. I don’t think there is precedent for using extra pips to recover strain, except when specified for certain talents?

6 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

I'll use my turn to try and stun some of the Squamatans, thin out the herd...

Medium range, or 2 Maneuvers can get you to Short. 2 Setback for environmental conditions.

gunsling with SE-14cs?

37 minutes ago, Barbaross41 said:

gunsling with SE-14cs?

Sure. Need 2 Maneuvers to advance to Short range, and add 2 Setback for environmental conditions.

Well....

3 hits @ 6 damage = very dead goons.

Dakka Dakka Dakka : 1eP+4eA+3eD+2eS 1 success, 4 advantage
p-a-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png a-s-a.png d-f.png d-th.png d-th.png s-f.png s--.png

Should I post IC?

Well that escalated quickly.

1 minute ago, Barbaross41 said:

Should I post IC?

yes, go ahead.

@Barbaross41 , for the record, dual wielding auto-fire is not actually beneficial. You increase the difficulty an extra time for no benefit. You're better off just using one auto-fire pistol or two more powerful regular pistols.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Medium range, or 2 Maneuvers can get you to Short. 2 Setback for environmental conditions.

Well, stun only works at short range...

Wait, its a minion group, so no strain. Ill still move to short however.

Ranged (Light) vs. Crowd : 2eA+1eP+1eD+2eS 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-s-s.png a-a-a.png p-a-a.png d-th-th.png s--.png s--.png

+1 advantage for scope, so 9 total damage, Pierce 1, 3 advantages net, put to setbacks to any acting against us.

Forgive me, a bit lost in the details, (lot of dust and chaos :D ) have Evon reach the scene yet? Where does he arrive in relation to the others?

@Edgehawk , daunting is 5 difficulty dice right? AFB and i forgot sorry 😓

i’m scared to take a shot at it cause i have only 2 ability die in resilience XD.

59 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

@Edgehawk , daunting is 5 difficulty dice right? AFB and i forgot sorry 😓

i’m scared to take a shot at it cause i have only 2 ability die in resilience XD.

Daunting is 4. Formidable is 5.

(Easy, Average, Hard, Daunting, Formidable)

Hmmm... should i risk it? XD. Dk what kinda stuff i’ll get frm threats though...”

Just now, Von3679 said:

Hmmm... should i risk it? XD. Dk what kinda stuff i’ll get frm threats though...”

Depends on what else you could spend your action on. You probably don't want to risk the Threat, but if the benefit is significant enough, perhaps it's worth the risk.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Depends on what else you could spend your action on. You probably don't want to risk the Threat, but if the benefit is significant enough, perhaps it's worth the risk.

Oh wait, this is for the poison isn't it. Yeah, you should check against it. I'm not sure it's even optional. Excess Threat is generally baked into the cake with these sorts of things and are intended to be generated.