Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

12 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Can I spend the Triumph on anything?

Do you have something in mind?

Sand Blasted : 1eP+3eA+3eD 2 failures, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-f.png d-f-th.png

Errmmm... Heh. Well, Hale's unconscious unless you've got anything I can do with the Advantage and Triumph.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Errmmm... Heh. Well, Hale's unconscious unless you've got anything I can do with the Advantage and Triumph.

Hmm.. Soak should apply, I think? Is your existing 3 Strain from prior to arrival at the resort?

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Hmm.. Soak should apply, I think? Is your existing 3 Strain from prior to arrival at the resort?

Existing 3 Strain was from the card game, but I forgot about applying Soak. In that case, I still want to be able to act and would only be at 10/13, so can I flip a Destiny Point/spend the Triumph to "not have rolled" and be able to act this round? If I had realized I was supposed to apply Soak (you used the word "suffers"), I wouldn't have rolled.

Well. That escalated quickly XD.

i cld take the 11 strain since Veitra has 15ST... plus i don’t have any talents involving strain...

oh can Veitra seek our target? She has the basic ability, no upgrades.

Sorry, I did not realize “suffers” was one of ffg’s loaded terms, or I would have capitalized it. Yes, I was going to suggest you go ahead and use the Triumph to Act, even if you were going down. Go for it!

2 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

oh can Veitra seek our target? She has the basic ability, no upgrades.

She could, but that would be her Action, and I’m not sure it would really be of much use at the moment? I don’t think it is specific enough for close combat use?

6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Sorry, I did not realize “suffers” was one of ffg’s loaded terms, or I would have capitalized it. Yes, I was going to suggest you go ahead and use the Triumph to Act, even if you were going down. Go for it!

Okay, I'll adjust Strain levels accordingly. With the uniform, I'm listing Hale as 4 Soak, so I take 7 Strain.

I'm still waiting for my turn to come around, right?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

No! You’re up?! I thought you had posted for your turn- the target’s initiative was just after yours.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

No! You’re up?! I thought you had posted for your turn- the target’s initiative was just after yours.

Is that sarcasm?

You said "use the Triumph to act" and I was confirming that you didn't mean immediate action.

No! Not sarcasm. Sorry. Go ahead and Act immediately- Hale did not actually make an Action this round, I believe?

Just now, Edgehawk said:

No! Not sarcasm. Sorry. Go ahead and Act immediately- Hale did not actually make an Action this round, I believe?

No, just Maneuvers. Are you giving me a full turn, or a single action? If a single action, then I'll swap it for a maneuver to move halfway to engaged.

(I'll also go see if I should edit my post, I was taking my "pistol" cues from Veitra. Since it wasn't, I may need to adjust it)

9 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I misconstrued this as “I haven’t taken my turn yet, this (current) round.”

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

No, just Maneuvers. Are you giving me a full turn, or a single action? If a single action, then I'll swap it for a maneuver to move halfway to engaged.

(I'll also go see if I should edit my post, I was taking my "pistol" cues from Veitra. Since it wasn't, I may need to adjust it)

Single Action, edit as you wish.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

I misconstrued this as “I haven’t taken my turn yet, this (current) round.”

Ah. I meant, "I got the Triumph so that I can act, but I'm still waiting for my slot in initiative to come back around, since I've already acted this round."

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Single Action, edit as you wish.

Okay, didn't need to edit, I left it vague enough.

If i try to pull target out of the dust, will that work? Though i only have fr1 i just realised LOL. Or maybe i shd just blaster him instead XD.

9 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

If i try to pull target out of the dust, will that work? Though i only have fr1 i just realised LOL. Or maybe i shd just blaster him instead XD.

Instead of leaping as you previously stated, you could close to Short with 2 Maneuvers and Force Move as your Action, taking target above the blast. It would reduce ranged attack penalty by 1 setback, but obviously inhibit melee attacks.

I think Briar is in short range, but I won't bother trying to make that roll and just take the 11 - soak strain, more ways that it could go wrong than right.

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

I don't know honestly? Maybe due to his timing he is able to spot the person who set off the bomb and due to Drogos being far away he is better able to pursue.

10 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I don't know honestly? Maybe due to his timing he is able to spot the person who set off the bomb and due to Drogos being far away he is better able to pursue.

Is Drogos wearing the mask? It would certainly attract notice, but few would dare comment openly on it.

21 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Is Drogos wearing the mask? It would certainly attract notice, but few would dare comment openly on it.

Why wouldn't he, he's in full inquisitorial attire.

7 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Why wouldn't he, he's in full inquisitorial attire.

The helm can remove one of the two Setbacks to attacks for this encounter, allowing Drogos to better see/sense the target’s movements through the spray of sand and mist. This function may not always be available, but the Triumph could activate it for now.

4 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The helm can remove one of the two Setbacks to attacks for this encounter, allowing Drogos to better see/sense the target’s movements through the spray of sand and mist. This function may not always be available, but the Triumph could activate it for now.

Cool

@Edgehawk , sorry for the delay. If there's a big crowd there Den would like to try and clear them out of the way by shooting into the air a few times. Would that be a coercion check, and would that be an action or manoeuvre (he'll do it anyway, but if it's a manoeuvre he may do something else).