Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

@bsmith23 , I just noticed that Ral's pistol is listed as having an Augmented Spin Barrel attachment. That's actually a rifle attachment. The pistol equivalent is the Blaster Actuating Module.

Bad news, it adds a Setback to checks to fire the pistol.
Good news, it's only 500 credits, doesn't add a Setback to maintenance, and only takes up 1 HP.

9 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Sorry, missed this. Dang email stopped giving me notifications for some reason. 😢

Against his mother's better judgement, he'll accept the boost. Presence, if you please! :D

(and don't bother about reducing the Strain inflicted, he's got plenty of space)

Then normal Stim App. it is 😄

Stim Application : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 4 advantage
p-s.png p-a-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png b-s-a.png d--.png d-th.png

You take 4 strain and increase a chosen characteristic by 1 for the encounter. @Edgehawk maybe I can use the advantage to reduce the strain cost?

28 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

maybe I can use the advantage to reduce the strain cost?

Advantages can reduce cost to 2 Strain.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@bsmith23 , I just noticed that Ral's pistol is listed as having an Augmented Spin Barrel attachment. That's actually a rifle attachment. The pistol equivalent is the Blaster Actuating Module.

Bad news, it adds a Setback to checks to fire the pistol.
Good news, it's only 500 credits, doesn't add a Setback to maintenance, and only takes up 1 HP.

Oops. Missed that totally.

Well, now that I've earned a little extra cash I can go shopping. 😷

So Edgehawk, how's the best way to handle this? I'm looking at Gadgets and Gear right now.

Say this:

Standard Blaster Pistol

Bantha Eye Sight still there.

Blaster Actuating Module for +1 damage, setback for use, 1 (Pierce +1) mod.

Edited by bsmith23
38 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

So Edgehawk, how's the best way to handle this? I'm looking at Gadgets and Gear right now.

If you paid for the spin barrel, you can refund yourself the difference. You’re just going to lose it all gambling anyway. 🤣

If you didn’t pay for it, swap the attachments on the sheet and call it good.

edit to add: Pick something new, if you’re shopping around the book and find something you like.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk , what's the difficulty of the gambling check for Hale? (and would you please remind me what the force die does?)

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , what's the difficulty of the gambling check for Hale? (and would you please remind me what the force die does?)

In the room Ral started in, you could join a table for 50, 100, or 500. Average check, and against Average competition.

If heading upstairs, buy in starts at 1000 credits, and it’s a Hard check, versus more experienced gamblers.

The Force pips add wackiness to an already random die roll, but I’m going with it, for now. LS pips flip 1 Failure and 1 Threat, to become 1 Success and 1 Advantage (and DS pips do the opposite, flipping success/advantage to become failure and threat). This is for each pip. Then the roll is resolved. Triumph wins big, Successes win, generally to a lesser extent.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk does Briar see anything with the perception check?

I'll go with what's above. I just also started thinking about tricking out my TIE lilot armor with some stealth stuff to match the Phantom theme. Later, when story permits. And after I've gone upstairs and cleaned out the rest of the tables. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The Force pips add wackiness to an already random die roll, but I’m going with it, for now. LS pips flip 1 Failure and 1 Threat, to become 1 Success and 1 Advantage (and DS pips do the opposite, flipping success/advantage to become failure and threat). This is for each pip. Then the roll is resolved. Triumph wins big, Successes win, generally to a lesser extent.

Okay, I'll go with 100 credits.

100 credits down the tube... : 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eF 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-f-th.png f-ds.png

Aww... close. Can 1 Advantage add a Boost to next check?

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I’ll post in the morning, let you know what Briar finds or notices.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Aww... close. Can 1 Advantage add a Boost to next check?

Unfortunately, the relevant chart would require 2 Advantage for that. I suppose you could pass a Boost to the next PC, if anyone else is playing at the table? Here’s the link again: p27

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/18/ff/18ff8afe-bf19-47a3-97e5-a313ded3d6b3/under_a_black_sun_lores.pdf

I'll just recover a strain. Probably wouldn't make sense for someone to get a Boost based on my hand.

Round 2: 100 credits down the tube... : 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eF 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Light Side
p-s-s.png p-a.png a--.png d-th.png d-th-th.png f-ls.png

Okay, there were no Failure, so that comes up as 2 success, 1 Threat. I'll take a strain and the strain is a wash between the two hands.

If I'm reading this right, I just netted 100 credits, washing out the result of last hand. (so literally nothing changed...)

I guess I'll go again: 100 credits down the tube... : 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eF 1 Dark Side
p-s.png p--.png a-a.png d-f.png d-th.png f-ds.png

Urmph. 1 Strain and lose 100 credits. I think I'll keep going, but I'll stop for now for feedback and in case anybody else needs to do something.

Is now a good time for V to rejoin? Or should i wait a bit longer before i post my ic re-entry? :)

Unless you're moving the story on in another direction, I'm ready to move 'upstairs '. Wanting to size up the room when I get there.

Any chance of radiating a little Imperial somethin' somethin' to deter any funny business at the table?

@bsmith23 Is Ral in uniform? If not, military bearing can be hard to turn off, in any case. Make an Average Leadership check.

13 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I put it in the IC. You can also Boost a future check, if required to quickly navigate the facility.

@Edgehawk , Hale is a bit short of credits (450), but can he just run a tab? It goes against all of my instincts, but why not take some risks? :D

Also, can he make a Coercion check to try and set the other players on edge a bit? Even if it doesn't have any mechanical benefits (though if it did... ;) ).

If not, I'll just edit the IC post. He doesn't want to be around Lady Pinky anyway. 😝

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 Is Ral in uniform? If not, military bearing can be hard to turn off, in any case. Make an Average Leadership check.

Yeah, somewhere you posted the picture of formal uniforms, I'm going with that.

"Stand back, I take large steps!" (Leadership) : 2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
a-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f.png

3 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Yeah, somewhere you posted the picture of formal uniforms, I'm going with that.

"Stand back, I take large steps!" (Leadership) : 2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
a-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f.png

Discord: Operation Watercrest. Starfighter corp is black, same as stormtrooper corp.

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hale is a bit short of credits (450), but can he just run a tab? It goes against all of my instincts, but why not take some risks? :D

Briar is keeper of the purse strings, so far as task force monies are concerned, but some of that would be available to you.

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Also, can he make a Coercion check to try and set the other players on edge a bit? Even if it doesn't have any mechanical benefits (though if it did... ;) ).

Make an Average Coercion check. 1 Setback, for the relatively small imperial presence; 1 Boost for being a big scary guy.

Coercion: Coercion : 1eP+2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-a.png a-s-a.png a-a.png b--.png d-th.png d--.png s-f.png

I'll add/subtract any dice you need me to: 500 credits down the drain... : 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eF 5 successes, 1 threat, 1 Dark Side
p-s-s.png p-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-f.png d-th.png f-ds.png

Oh wow. 3 success and 1 Threat. I'll take a Strain.

If I have this right, that's +1,000 credits (1,000-100=+900 total).

I'll hold at that. :)

(well, unless anything changes. I'll wait for your interpretation of the Coercion check before posting)

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'll add/subtract any dice you need me to:

The Coercion check wasn’t Successful, so the Advantages would not have directly effected the roll as such.. but maybe just embracing his imperial badassness in the attempt recovers some Strain.

12 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If I have this right, that's +1,000 credits (1,000-100=+900 total).

Yup! House keeps 10%

I started out rolling for NPC gamblers, but so long as they’re not cheating, I’m not sure it matters. Thoughts?

That's pretty much the way I GM it for my group.

16 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Yup! House keeps 10%

I started out rolling for NPC gamblers, but so long as they’re not cheating, I’m not sure it matters. Thoughts?

Oh, I missed that. Then 1,000-10%-100=800.

I don't think it makes sense. It's supposed to be an abstraction, so the others are rolled into the difficulty.

@Edgehawk , is the Aqualish exhibiting hostile intent, or could this have just been an unfortunately collision? If he's exhibiting hostile intent, Hale's going to go for him, but if it might have been an accident (or he's being chased by someone else), Hale might give him a chance.