Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

@Rabobankrider Is Den heading to a gambling parlor with Ral and Hawk, or seeking a different venue for his drinking needs? Also, anyone else?

I would like to try and locate the slicer, and see what they're up to, and what they do. They determine how and when to approach them.

9 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I would like to try and locate the slicer, and see what they're up to, and what they do. They determine how and when to approach them.

There is a console within the suite if Briar wishes to access it. A quick search of the employee and guest list (protected, but easily bypassed by Briar) turns up nothing, but a Formidable check w/2 Upgrades (3eD+2eC) might reveal the slicer’s presence or most recent activity.

Computers : 3eP+1eA+2eC+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat, 1 Despair
p-a.png p-s-a.png p-a.png a--.png c-th-th.png c-d.png d-th.png d-th.png

Well... next time I'll try not telling Orokos what campaign it is...

Unless there's a boost somewhere that's about as bad as it could have gone.

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Unless there's a boost somewhere that's about as bad as it could have gone.

Didn’t Briar’s starting kit include ISB-issued slicing gear? Shouldn’t that add a Boost to such checks?

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Didn’t Briar’s starting kit include ISB-issued slicing gear? Shouldn’t that add a Boost to such checks?

The standard slicer's gear from the AoR core rulebook, which is what I assumed the rules for the ISB slicing gear would be, doesn't say that it adds anything basically it allows you to make the check is what I got from reading it.

9 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

The standard slicer's gear from the AoR core rulebook, which is what I assumed the rules for the ISB slicing gear would be, doesn't say that it adds anything basically it allows you to make the check is what I got from reading it.

Hmm.. I don’t see anything either.

I was looking at the Outlaw Tech Data Breaker, in the EotE core, which specifies: “Data breakers add (2 Boost dice) to any Computers check made to slice computers (as opposed to the usual one for having the right tools for the job) ).”

This implies that standard slicing gear should impart a single Boost, the way I read it, though I don’t see it mentioned anywhere else.

After dumping his stuff (except his knife and pistol), he will go gambling as well.

How to gamble? ;)

Full House : 1eP+1eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
p-s.png a-s.png d-f.png d-th.png

Force point : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Cool at the table : 1eA+1eP+2eD 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
a-s-s.png p-tr.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

But wait... : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

1 success, 2 threats, 1 Triumph.

Guessing that I've already made a 'friend' at the table...

I'll post IC when I know the pot from the Triumph.

Edited by bsmith23
Made the roll

Hawk will go again.

@bsmith23 Go ahead and post your winning hand as you wish, and if you wish to interact with anyone. The 2 Threat will add a Setback to your next check, overconfidence maybe.

@Barbaross41 Unfortunately, with the dark pip, you’re just left taking a Strain for 1 Threat.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 Go ahead and post your winning hand as you wish, and if you wish to interact with anyone. The 2 Threat will add a Setback to your next check, overconfidence maybe.

Second hand : 1eA+1eP+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
a-s.png p-tr.png d-th.png d-f-th.png s-f.png

But wait... : 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png

😎

2 success, 1 Triumph net...

Edited by bsmith23

WOW!

11 minutes ago, Barbaross41 said:

WOW!

You should go ahead and roll, since you bought in, and could conceivably still win. I’m not going to bother rolling for the 2 remaining NPCs, because they can’t Triumph.

The winner takes 360 credits (400, -40 for the house).

Straight : 1eP+1eA+2eD+1eF 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Dark Side
p-s-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png f-ds.png

Not enough, unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, Barbaross41 said:

Straight : 1eP+1eA+2eD+1eF 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Dark Side
p-s-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png f-ds.png

Not enough, unfortunately.

Yeah... 4 Threat.

Take another Strain, and Upgrade the Difficulty of your next check.

After the spectacular failure that was that computers check. Would it be possible for Briar to explore the resort and get a feel for the place?

Examining the eye : 2eP+2eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS 1 failure, 2 advantage
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-a.png a-a.png b--.png c-f-f.png d-th.png s-f.png s--.png

Guess I don't see anything out of ordinary. Anything I can know from the advantages?

4 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

After the spectacular failure that was that computers check. Would it be possible for Briar to explore the resort and get a feel for the place?

Absolutely!

4 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Examining the eye : Guess I don't see anything out of ordinary. Anything I can know from the advantages?

With the Failure, Evon can’t be certain he fully comprehends all the eye’s components; but with the advantage, he can appreciate the fine craftsmanship, and at least be pretty sure there is nothing in it intended to harm him.

Can the Inquisitor work on understanding the helm some more?

47 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Can the Inquisitor work on understanding the helm some more?

Yes. You find the facade of the mask surprisingly modular, built upon a much older helm. The outward appearance can be modified to suit, while keeping the existing properties.