Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh, I didn't realize that. I thought it was just Evon, Drogos, and Somar/Hale.

Is he correct @Edgehawk / @Imperial Stormtrooper ? If so, I need to amend my IC post.

Yes she is there, although I think it was mentioned just briefly. I haven't post IC because I didn't really have anything to add and didn't want to interrupt the flow.

Okay, I'll go edit my post now.

3 hours ago, Rimsen said:

It's not really what I'm going for, I mean I didn't plan it, just want to gain some time to know what is going on. Also, as Drogos doesn't agree, I'd like to give him a chance to stop Evon if he wants.

Fair enough. I’m just going to say the PQ permits the shot without struggle.

Initiative : 3eA 1 success, 3 advantage
a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a.png

Initiative : 3eA 1 success, 1 advantage

Walker Duel Initiative

We will be using personal scale range bands for this scene, with the corresponding ranged attack difficulties. Walkers start at Extreme range from one another, so Daunting (4eD) to hit.

@Barbaross41 Hawk adds a Setback to his initial check, from previous Threat.

@bsmith23 You have been instructed to observe, and engage only if necessary. You will use planetary scale, and begin at Short range.

Me go first with aim + snipe?

(I have upgrade 2, +20 on crit, and can strain 2 for 4 upgrades instead (so will roll 5 yellow))

9 minutes ago, Barbaross41 said:

Me go first with aim + snipe?

(I have upgrade 2, +20 on crit, and can strain 2 for 4 upgrades instead (so will roll 5 yellow))

You can only use True Aim once per round, but you gain the benefits of Aiming in addition, which adds a Boost. If you were to aim twice, that would be 3 yellows, 2 green, and 2 Boost.

Ah, OK. I was't exactly sure about that.

Probably won't aim twice then.

The codes the PQ provided were verbal, the same three words previously used by both Val and Venlana. Also, the PQ herself admitted that the codes are likely compromised, but new ones have not yet been established.

For those of you who have not been in on this game from the start, the task force was formed in response to a provocation. A severed hand was delivered to the Emperor, purported to belong to the Emperor’s Hand and sent by the PQ. While this is obviously a twist, Noira’s disclosure and her mechanical hand do fit with the available facts.

@bsmith23 Ral may take some vehicle actions, without directly engaging the renegade walker. Fire Discipline, Scan the Enemy, Slice Enemy’s Systems, for example.

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 Ral may take some vehicle actions, without directly engaging the renegade walker. Fire Discipline, Scan the Enemy, Slice Enemy’s Systems, for example.

Right. Any reason to cloak, or be out in the open menacingly?

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

The codes the PQ provided were verbal, the same three words previously used by both Val and Venlana. Also, the PQ herself admitted that the codes are likely compromised, but new ones have not yet been established.

For those of you who have not been in on this game from the start, the task force was formed in response to a provocation. A severed hand was delivered to the Emperor, purported to belong to the Emperor’s Hand and sent by the PQ. While this is obviously a twist, Noira’s disclosure and her mechanical hand do fit with the available facts.

Well, if her codes are compromised, she is compromised and problem solved :)
Now we just ahve to save Hale from the Special Inquisitorious weight loss.

Edited by Rimsen
57 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Right. Any reason to cloak, or be out in the open menacingly?

Your call, really. Should you choose the latter, I would say the distinctive shriek of your TIE- Phantom could add Setback to the renegade walker’s actions. Average Coercion, but you can Upgrade with ranks in Piloting. 2eP+2eD.

4 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Your call, really. Should you choose the latter, I would say the distinctive shriek of your TIE- Phantom could add Setback to the renegade walker’s actions. Average Coercion, but you can Upgrade with ranks in Piloting. 2eP+2eD.

I was thinking something like that, so let's call that my action for the round.

Coerce with Piloting : 2eP+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png d--.png d--.png

Looking at CRB suggestions, successes can affect strain, then let's use the advantage as Setback

13 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Is there anything else that Briar could do to confirm her identity, or is there not much? Also, is there a limit to what a Hand of the Emperor can do and still be a Hand of the Emperor?

39 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Is there anything else that Briar could do to confirm her identity, or is there not much? Also, is there a limit to what a Hand of the Emperor can do and still be a Hand of the Emperor?

I imagine having her severed hand delivered to the emperor might be considered tantamount to rendering her resignation. Otherwise, when in play, they are fairly untouchable.

45 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

I imagine having her severed hand delivered to the emperor might be considered tantamount to rendering her resignation. Otherwise, when in play, they are fairly untouchable.

So aside from the codes and the hand there isn't really any way to confirm her story?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper
11 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So aside from the codes and the hand there isn't really any way to confirm her story?

I imagine dna or similar medical tech would be capable of confirming the severed hand as a match or not.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

I imagine dna or similar medical tech would be capable of confirming the severed hand as a match or not.

Do we have the DNA of the hand available, and if so what kind of check (if any) would it be?

6 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Do we have the DNA of the hand available, and if so what kind of check (if any) would it be?

Hard Computers or Warfare can access the records from the authentication of the severed hand. An Average Medicine check from Evon can then establish the likelihood of a match. @Rimsen

Data Retrieval : 3eP+1eA+3eD 1 failure, 3 advantage
p-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-s.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png d--.png

Well then, I've noticed that lately orokos is either all failures, or all threat. Unless the advantage can be used to get the information (which I doubt), I can't really think of how to use it at the moment.

EDIT: Forgot the boost from a while back for "official records checks"

Forgot boost : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png

Aw, is there another boost from somewhere?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

There’s no way he’s in range, and he’s not going to fire until he can bring something down in one shot

13 hours ago, April said:

There’s no way he’s in range, and he’s not going to fire until he can bring something down in one shot

To be clear, the walker you are hunting is a “Varactyl” prototype, a manned scouting and attack vehicle, but not actually an organic or cybernetic creature of any kind.

19 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Aw, is there another boost from somewhere?

As an ISB doctor, Evon would be skilled at navigating through such medical records, so an assist from him could add an additional Boost. If successful, @Rimsen can make an Average Medicine check to confirm/disprove the likelihood of a match.