Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

2 hours ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk Can I intimidate Velana into getting her to lead us with the intrepid. Also If I am not mistaken the Girl Jumped well before V left the Hangar bay.

Yes. She was lying, trying to get away. In any case, if possible, she would still only be able to trace the initial jump (which was just the quickest jump possible, and obviously not their ultimate destination).

Drogos may roll Coercion vs 1eD+2eC if you wish- his manner has been intimidating enough. Success will at the least gain Drogos a little more cooperation and respect, maybe a bit less smirking insolence.

Drogos will use Intimidating at 2 suffering 2 Strain and spend a DP to boost me in this roll

Coercion : 2eP+2eA+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-s.png a-s-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png

I will put a post up shortly, I assume one more strain will be suffered?

8 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I assume one more strain will be suffered?

Nah. Next PC social check with Venlana will add a Setback.

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Nah. Next PC social check with Venlana will add a Setback.

Cool

8 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@player2026527 Your character has been selected for detached service, pulled from his unit, and will be working with Banshee Squad. The Banshees are a Special Commando Advanced Recon (SCAR) Squad , attached to Task Force 99 , which is under Colonel Yularen’s purview.

The task force concept is the glue that makes this work for disparate character concepts, and I do not wish to introduce another squad of NPCs at this time. At present, Hale is squad leader, with Den as weapons sergeant, and four others (NPCs):

• Sgt. Major Garand Hale TK-210 (PC)* Banshee Squad Leader
  • "Grease" Engineer Sergeant
  • "Slowdive" Intelligence Sergeant
  • "Backbeat" Communications Sergeant
  • "Stark" Sgt. Castar Arkmeda, Combat Driver
  • Den Luks (PC)* Weapons Sergeant, Pilot & Medic

The roles above overlap with your proposed scouts, and are essentially at your disposal to use as circumstances dictate. Work on filling in Hawk’s background and motivations, and I will work you into the game shortly!

Edit: Oh, and there’s a bike rack on the shuttle for your 74-Z!

Sounds good!

@Shlambate Coercion for questioning PQ will be opposed by 3eD+1eC (edited to correct).

Edited by Edgehawk
25 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@Shlambate Coercion for questioning PQ will be opposed by 3eD+1eP.

Can I fix my saber first? And Meditate?

Also I get 1 extra proficiency?

Edited by Shlambate

Hard becomes average, and setback is gone due to codebreaker.

Intercepted Comms : 3eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

Could the advantage be used to further improve the quality of the intercepted transmission (if necessary)? If that doesn't matter perhaps a boost die to the next related check?

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Can I fix my saber first? And Meditate? Also I get 1 extra proficiency?

Meditate and fix your saber. You find you have a lot of crystal left over. Sorry, the Proficiency die was supposed to be a Challenge die.

32 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Could the advantage be used to further improve the quality of the intercepted transmission (if necessary)? If that doesn't matter perhaps a boost die to the next related check?

The advantage can pick up additional transmissions from the cruiser, joining the conversation. Essentially, they are not sure what is going on, and are discussing jumping away to reassess their situation.

13 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Meditate and fix your saber. You find you have a lot of crystal left over. Sorry, the Proficiency die was supposed to be a Challenge die.

No checks for the Lightsaber?

33 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

No checks for the Lightsaber?

It is your lightsaber, which Drogos presumably built himself. With the proper tools and parts in your kit on the shuttle, I’ll say you can just do it, given a bit of time. If you wish to speed the process, make an Easy Mechanics check; if you wish to attempt to rebuild an improved version, it will be a Hard check.

3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

It is your lightsaber, which Drogos presumably built himself. With the proper tools and parts in your kit on the shuttle, I’ll say you can just do it, given a bit of time. If you wish to speed the process, make an Easy Mechanics check; if you wish to attempt to rebuild an improved version, it will be a Hard check.

Just checking, No need to improve it for now, so then how long would that take as well as the meditation to relieve some strain, unless I can only do that with a long rest.

6 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Just checking, No need to improve it for now, so then how long would that take as well as the meditation to relieve some strain, unless I can only do that with a long rest.

If you spend the rest of the current day repairing your saber and meditating, you can regain 1/2 strain threshold by evening. Full strain recovery will require overnight rest.

50 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

If you spend the rest of the current day repairing your saber and meditating, you can regain 1/2 strain threshold by evening. Full strain recovery will require overnight rest.

I will do that 1/2 rest and then wait for @Rimsen to join me in interrogation of the PQ

@Edgehawk , Den will head to the med-bay and try and not die. @Rimsen , he would certainly appreciate any help there as well.

I can do the pilot check after medical care if still needed.

Sorry it's been a while. Setting up online learning for elementary school students is time consuming.

Piloting(space) : 1eA+2eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat
a-s.png p-s-s.png p-s.png d-f.png d-f-th.png

@Edgehawk

Val would like to contact his superiors to inform them of the current mission status and see if they still wish the target executed after interrogation.

Would this be possible.

@Shlambate I got shivers reading your last post :P

I Try. Also The PQ will be killed by Drogos as soon as she is deemed unable to be turned and out of useful info.

2 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

Sorry it's been a while. Setting up online learning for elementary school students is time consuming.

Piloting(space) : 1eA+2eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat
a-s.png p-s-s.png p-s.png d-f.png d-f-th.png

No problem, I understand. The Phantom is picking up chatter between the pirate cruiser and the two fighters. The transmissions are encrypted, or at least garbled, but from their movements it appears they are preparing to exit the scene.

2 hours ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Val would like to contact his superiors to inform them of the current mission status and see if they still wish the target executed after interrogation. Would this be possible.

Adjustments has more flexibility in the field than, say, ISB. Val’s relationship with his superiors is more of a “don’t call us- we’ll call you” sort of deal. You do have a contact frequency, and you might be able to Charm your way through to someone who could recommend a course of action. Daunting check to get through and receive confirmation. Advantage/Threat will improve/delay response time; Failure will mean nobody wants to make the call, and they are leaving it on you to make a judgement call.

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

I Try. Also The PQ will be killed by Drogos as soon as she is deemed unable to be turned and out of useful info.

Val might want the honors

5 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Adjustments has more flexibility in the field than, say, ISB. Val’s relationship with his superiors is more of a “don’t call us- we’ll call you” sort of deal. You do have a contact frequency, and you might be able to Charm your way through to someone who could recommend a course of action. Daunting check to get through and receive confirmation. Advantage/Threat will improve/delay response time; Failure will mean nobody wants to make the call, and they are leaving it on you to make a judgement call.

In that case, I don't think Val would bother with that. However, when the deed is done, what's the protocol for informing the deed to be done. Same type of deal?

Edit: Will also depend on whether Drogos is able to "turn" her. Then I guess Val would make contact.

Edited by CloudyLemonade92
3 hours ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

However, when the deed is done, what's the protocol for informing the deed to be done. Same type of deal?

Same frequency for contact. “An adjustment has been made,” is the phrase indicating successful completion of an objective, with no need of elaboration, unless requested).

Sorry, some busy couple of days. It seems Den is not in need of treatment anymore. I can say I'm treating the rest of those in need with the medical droid. I'm not sure how much time I have until the interrogation, but Evon is not really wounded or exhausted, can go on without sleeping for now if it is needed to speed up the process. He definitely doesn't want to delay the Inquisitor.
Before the Interrogation I'd like to use a Stim application on myself to increase the Willpower for the scene. Probably he offers it to Drogos too.