By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

1 minute ago, Shlambate said:

He whispers sweet nothings

Logan falls in love

You know what's up. :D

36 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

He whispers sweet nothings

Logan falls in love

In the name of the First Galactic Empire and Emperor Palpatine, I demand you to surrender..... your heart ;)

Edited by Rimsen
47 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

I'll move to engage Logan, then I'd like to attempt to persuade him to surrender.

Negotiation, Coercion, Charm, Leadership, Deception..? How you go about it will help determine what the opposing roll will be. You can narrate first, or roll first, but we need to agree upon the skill for the check.

Well, I want to inform him we'll be taking the Baroness into custody, and that we have the numbers that will make doing so a reality. But I don't want to come across as being intimidating.

I would prefer Charm, but I can negotiation being reasonable too.

Edited by CloudyLemonade92

@CloudyLemonade92 Go ahead and use Charm if you want. Opposed by 2eD+2eC.

Edited by Edgehawk
Dice pool
On 2/24/2020 at 10:47 AM, Edgehawk said:
  • (4 stormtroopers-ranged)
  • Renegades’ Blood PQ flagship 4s,2a,1t Defense 2,1,1,0
  • Sorority Saboteurs x6
  • Queensguard (2x3) Adversary 1, Defense 1
  • Agent Briar Ostell @Imperial Stormtrooper 4s,2a

Okay, @CloudyLemonade92 . Venlana’s bodyguard is not actively opposing you or the Inquisitor at this time, and it does not seem like he expects to fight you. Val’s Despair, and professed disdain for protocols inspired me to introduce a droid lawyer.

I will sort the NPCs and ship sometime today, and then @Imperial Stormtrooper will be up.

Edits in spoiler below.

I don’t usually post GM rolls, though they are always on Orokos; but on this one I typed the pool in and rolled, without inputting the relevant descriptions. This should have been labeled as the ranged stormtroopers (next on the initiative roster) versus queensguard.

: 3eP+1eD+1eC+3eS 4 successes, 2 threat
p-s-s.png p-s.png p-s-a.png d-th.png c--.png s-th.png s-th.png s--.png
(2nd edit: and I did it again. After making all the gunnery checks, I failed to label the Saboteurs Stealth Check):: 1eA+2eP+2eD 1 success, 2 threat
a--.png p-s-a.png p--.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

Edited by Edgehawk
GM roll clarifications
2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Val’s Despair, and professed disdain for protocols inspired me to introduce a droid lawyer.

Oh god, what have you done.

Seriously though, what a great snd creative way to use the despair. Hats off to you!

Yeah, Val, I see this lawyer going the way of Shakespeare pretty soon...

Would it be possible for me to get to the bridge this turn and still have an action, or is that not possible?

24 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Would it be possible for me to get to the bridge this turn and still have an action, or is that not possible?

Unfortunately, the queensguard force is just about to (before your turn) move forward out of the aft bay, and into the main hangar (placing them between you and the stairwell).

I’ll say Briar could hug the hangar wall along one side, in order to access the stairwell without wading through them (they are moving forward, not lingering or going up). 2 Maneuvers to move, then as an Action, Briar could sprint up the steps. Easy Athletics, 1 deck/ (uncanceled) Success: 1s= main deck, 2s= berthing deck (not shown), 3s= bridge.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Unfortunately, the queensguard force is just about to (before your turn) move forward out of the aft bay, and into the main hangar (placing them between you and the stairwell).

I didn't realize that the are/are going to be that close to the stairs. What range would they be at by that point?

30 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I didn't realize that the are/are going to be that close to the stairs. What range would they be at by that point?

I’m doing the IC presently. You can be as close as you want to be really, but you could also skirt them and let them move forward, before going for the stairwell.

Notable from the IC:

• 1 queensguard down
  • 1 stormtrooper down, another almost down
  • Intrepid suffered nearly 1/3 of its HT in that broadside (Triumph activated linked 1)
  • Saboteurs are unaccounted for
  • Aft bay has experienced explosive decompression
  • Advantage = free maneuver to close blast door

@Imperial Stormtrooper You’re up!

Have the Stormtroopers following me acted? Either way Briar will order them to stay here and fight the Queensguard.

I'll try the athletics check, but I'm not expecting much...

"Sprinting" : 2eA+1eD 1 success
a-s.png a-a-a.png d-th-th.png

Honestly that was better than I was expecting. :lol:

Oh, and I've been assuming that in order to take most of the extra ship actions (like Jamming and Slicing) I need to be on the bridge.

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Good thing Briar did not skip the gym this week

Edited by Shlambate

The saboteurs scarced as in the aft bay from the return fire or in the hangar? Basicly are they assumed to been sucked out or somewhere in the main hangar?

Edited by Rimsen
52 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Have the Stormtroopers following me acted? Either way Briar will order them to stay here and fight the Queensguard.

They are the ones carrying the PQ into custody.

52 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Oh, and I've been assuming that in order to take most of the extra ship actions (like Jamming and Slicing) I need to be on the bridge.

Actually... Briar could use the kiosk by the stairwell, which she used previously to lock the ship down. It would be easier to do certain things from the bridge (and she might be less likely to get shot).

26 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

The saboteurs scarced as in the aft bay from the return fire or in the hangar? Basicly are they assumed to been sucked out or somewhere in the main hangar?

Three sucked out, three unaccounted for, but there were not seen entering the hangar.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Three sucked out, three unaccounted for, but there were not seen entering the hangar.

Wait, if Banshee squad took out three, and three were spaced, does that mean all of them are down?

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Wait, if Banshee squad took out three, and three were spaced, does that mean all of them are down?

The fallen ones were spaced.

8 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Actually... Briar could use the kiosk by the stairwell, which she used previously to lock the ship down. It would be easier to do certain things from the bridge (and she might be less likely to get shot).

Oh, can I change what I do then? Instead of going up the stairs go Briar go over the console and do the slice enemy's systems action on the Renegades’ Blood ? I understand if not since I said I was doing something else.

7 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Oh, can I change what I do then? Instead of going up the stairs go Briar go over the console and do the slice enemy's systems action on the Renegades’ Blood ? I understand if not since I said I was doing something else.

That’s fine. Technical Aptitude and Codebreaker effectively counter any additional time and effort using the hangar kiosk would have imposed, so just make the standard check.

Slicing (For real this time) : 3eP+1eA+3eD 0 successes, 3 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-a.png p-tr.png a--.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png

That is the strangest roll I think I've ever seen. I think the triumph allows a weapons system to be shut down for each one, but I don't know if the entire roll needs to be a success for that.

3 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Slicing (For real this time) : 3eP+1eA+3eD 0 successes, 3 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-a.png p-tr.png a--.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png That is the strangest roll I think I've ever seen. I think the triumph allows a weapons system to be shut down for each one, but I don't know if the entire roll needs to be a success for that.

You can use the Triumphs to shut down two weapons systems, if you wish, for the two Triumphs. It is technically a Failure for Briar’s slicing check... but perhaps a pirate slicer on board the flagship accidentally disabled them, while trying to counter her efforts.