Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

There is no line-of-sight, and the fighter has effectively moved forward, on the next deck up. It would take a force leap, flight, or ascension gear to follow up into the launch tube (essentially just a runway for silhouette 3 or smaller ships to launch out the front).

Ok I'll do you one better! What if we use a DP to summon explosive barrels that are in both the Ships line of sight and the Doctors? Explosives that would have shrapnel on them! 😋

I can always shoot it down if it makes its way out.

25 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

I can always shoot it down if it makes its way out.

Don’t kill the girl please.

tumblr_n0m0hbqdxd1rkqofno7_r1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Shlambate said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQemWhkT5-56hI_2N310vm

Edited by bsmith23
1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

I’m willing to go certain places, with this campaign; but should the situation arise, I will permit anyone who wishes to flip a destiny point for the child to survive.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

I’m willing to go certain places, with this campaign; but should the situation arise, I will permit anyone who wishes to flip a destiny point for the child to survive.

I like places

Okay, so I take my chances. 1 maneuver to pull my blaster, another to close the distance. Switching stun is incidental IRC. Upgrade 1 with DP, here we go:

Shooting the PQ : 2eP+2eC+1eS 1 success, 2 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-tr.png c-th.png c-f.png s-th.png

I have no idea what to do now xD Give me some time to think.... If I have no better idea I just destroy her cutlass.

@Shlambate :D

Edited by Rimsen
Typos
8 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Okay, so I take my chances. 1 maneuver to pull my blaster, another to close the distance. Switching stin is incidental IRC. Upgrade 1 with DP, here we go:

Shooting the PQ : 2eP+2eC+1eS 1 success, 2 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-tr.png c-th.png c-f.png s-th.png

@Shlambate

First, Called it

Second, shoot her in the knee so she can’t move and she’s stuck doing this

@Edgehawk What do you think about splitting the Triumphs:

The first that the stun bolts make her mask/helmet overcharge and explode, effectively ruining her vacuum sealed suit, so she can't use the rocketboots to escape (she got here that way if i remember correctly).

The second is a critical hit from the explosion of the helmet.

The mask I only chose for flavor :)

Edited by Rimsen
3 hours ago, Rimsen said:

@Edgehawk What do you think about splitting the Triumphs:

The first that the stun bolts make her mask/helmet overcharge and explode, effectively ruining her vacuum sealed suit, so she can't use the rocketboots to escape (she got here that way if i remember correctly).

The second is a critical hit from the explosion of the helmet.

The mask I only chose for flavor :)

Ordinarily, splitting the Triumphs might dilute their potential, but these expenditures seem appropriate, awesome, and eminently reasonable. Congrats on a timely and excellent roll!

Roll the Crit, and just take 2 Strain for the Threat.

46 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Roll the Crit

Or if it’s okay with you, can we just Crit an eye? Since you’re blowing up her mask? If she lives through this encounter, she’s going to need an eyepatch...

Or if it’s okay with you, can we just Crit an eye? Since you’re blowing up her mask? If she lives through this encounter, she’s going to need an eyepatch...

I'm okay with that. The blaster does 6 strain damage before soak.

Mechanically what would the crit mean? Because I couldn't even possibly roll the blinded critical.

I post IC after training.

Edited by Rimsen
Ellaboration
28 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

I'm okay with that. The blaster does 6 strain damage before soak.Mechanically what would the crit mean? Because I couldn't even possibly roll the blinded critical.

I’m away from books, but how about +1 Setback to attacks, or anything that requires depth perception?

Edited by Edgehawk

I’m away from books, but how about +1 Setback to attacks, or anything that requires depth perception?

Fair enough, and in power range of the average criticals

For reference: 116-120 Blinded: The target can no longer see. Upgrade the difficulty of all checks twice. Upgrade the difficulty of Perception and Vigilance checks 3 times.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

For reference: 116-120 Blinded: The target can no longer see. Upgrade the difficulty of all checks twice. Upgrade the difficulty of Perception and Vigilance checks 3 times.

Okay. So maybe one eye should be Upgrade all checks once, Upgrade Perception and Vigilance twice?

@Rimsen If you would like to roll for the opportunity of a better Crit, please feel free to do so. You can still use the one discussed above, regardless of the roll’s outcome, if you choose.

@bsmith23 You are up. The two sorority fighters have moved off to Short range, but seem to be holding, there. The sorority cruiser beneath the destroyer is also showing no signs of action at this time.

@Rabobankrider There are sounds of a violent altercation up the stairwell, on the main deck. More importantly, the Pirate Queen has just broken free of the Inquisitor’s hold on her. She is at Long Range presently, but only 1 maneuver away from Medium. She is still armed with sword and pistol, but is holding her hands up to her mask at the moment.

Sorry, just have a few minutes tonight.

...well, I really just don't want anything or anyone to make things more complicated out here, so for the time being I'll continue to coerce them to stay back. If I get a call from the others like the girl is escaping I'll deal with that.

Val danced around as he waited. Practicing his Tango. His hair and velvet like robes whipping about him. Flair. Poise. Perfection. Hya! Hya! Hyaaa!

Edited by CloudyLemonade92
5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rimsen If you would like to roll for the opportunity of a better Crit, please feel free to do so. You can still use the one discussed above, regardless of the roll’s outcome, if you choose.

It's okay. I like the narrative crit.

@bsmith23 Please make a Daunting Perception check with 2 Boosts.

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@bsmith23 Please make a Daunting Perception check with 2 Boosts.

Good morning from sunny Florida.

*Destiny Flip*

Perception : 2eP+2eB+4eD 3 successes, 1 threat
p-a.png p-s-s.png b-a.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

(I see it through the migraine)

Good morning!

With the Phantom uncloaked, the sensors are picking up an unusual reading, moving forward inside the Intrepid’s launch tube. If you recall the modifications Cani made to track down the missing walker, attuned to pick up readings on the Stygian crystals in the stealth tech? I know it’s been a while, and the party has been sidetracked from that thread.

It appears that a small ship equipped with this tech is accelerating and preparing to exit via the the front of the destroyer, though the external blast door has been closed.

What are the chances of targeting the exit and destroying it enough to prevent the ship from exiting through?

41 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

What are the chances of targeting the exit and destroying it enough to prevent the ship from exiting through?

Judging from the way all the external hatches abruptly closed at once, you believe an emergency protocol has been initiated. Unless the pilot inside can override it very quickly, you suspect blasting its way out may be its intention. Fire from the Phantom could potentially help or hinder the situation.

edit to add: Of course firing yourself would grant you more control over the situation. Technically, mechanically, it would still be firing on the Intrepid at this time. But Triumph could effect the escaping fighter within. I probably should’ve just given you the alert, rather than calling for yet another perception check. Either way, it was an incidental. If you decide to fire, go ahead and Upgrade for the dp you already flipped. @bsmith23

Edited by Edgehawk