Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Unfortunately, no. If you moved forward in the crawl space previously, you are now over the hangar. 2 Maneuvers can open a hatch or cut through, then drop down, placing Drogos at Medium range from PQ. It would be close enough to attempt a social check, if you lack any ranged capability.

Can be in range of anything else? Are there any targets in 1 maneuver range.

4 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Can be in range of anything else? Are there any targets in 1 maneuver range.

I’m afraid not. Regardless, as an Inquisitor with two force users before him, they are the only targets of concern. While lacking in ranged weapons or powers, Drogos possesses the skill and talents to Coerce the Pirate Queen in some way. She is not likely to surrender, but you could influence the encounter, delay her escape.

Also, this encounter marks the end of the campaign's first chapter, with a decent xp dump awaiting everyone at its conclusion. If you wish to commit future xp toward talents or force powers that could help accomplish what you want to do here, I would allow that.

52 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

I’m afraid not. Regardless, as an Inquisitor with two force users before him, they are the only targets of concern. While lacking in ranged weapons or powers, Drogos possesses the skill and talents to Coerce the Pirate Queen in some way. She is not likely to surrender, but you could influence the encounter, delay her escape.

Also, this encounter marks the end of the campaign's first chapter, with a decent xp dump awaiting everyone at its conclusion. If you wish to commit future xp toward talents or force powers that could help accomplish what you want to do here, I would allow that.

Well I know what I would want it’s a matter of how much exp you’re handing out lol. If I can get Bind up and running maybe, if not I’ll try the coercion.

3 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Well I know what I would want it’s a matter of how much exp you’re handing out lol. If I can get Bind up and running maybe, if not I’ll try the coercion.

Bind is within the realm of possibility, but would require committing 25xp for the Basic Power and 1 Range Upgrade. In addition, a Force Rating of 2+ is requisite, so you would need to finish the first column of the Aggressor tree (45xp for Grit and FR). Total investment, then, is 70xp. Also bear in mind that an attempt to Bind the PQ will be an opposed Discipline check.

I was going to give out 45-75 xp at the end of this session. Let’s make it 75, and do it now, for anyone who wishes.

75 xp in scene?!

Shopping time!

Bind is within the realm of possibility, but would require committing 25xp for the Basic Power and 1 Range Upgrade. In addition, a Force Rating of 2+ is requisite, so you would need to finish the first column of the Aggressor tree (45xp for Grit and FR). Total investment, then, is 70xp. Also bear in mind that an attempt to Bind the PQ will be an opposed Discipline check.

I was going to give out 45-75 xp at the end of this session. Let’s make it 75, and do it now, for anyone who wishes.

Ok so it’s discipline vs discipline correct.

4 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Ok so it’s discipline vs discipline correct.

Yes. Adversary 2 would not apply, but I would flip Destiny to Upgrade once, so opposing check would be 3eD+1eC.

The above assumes you meant using the Bind Force Power, Discipline vs. Discipline, plus the 2 Force dice. @Shlambate

14 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The above assumes you meant using the Bind Force Power, Discipline vs. Discipline, plus the 2 Force dice. @Shlambate

Correct, let me sort my exp and my character sheet and I will roll.

Okay, I picked up another rank each in Cool, Resilience, Vigilance, and Ranged (Heavy), and I purchased Dedication (Willpower) and Moving Target on the Vanguard tree. I'm planning to pick up Bodyguard 2 and Supreme Bodyguard soon.

Since I now have Moving Target, I would have 2 Ranged Defense instead of just the one from my armor.

Bind (Opposed Discipline.) : 1eP+3eA+3eC+1eD+2eF 1 threat, 3 Dark Side
p-s-a.png a--.png a-s-a.png a-a.png c-th-th.png c-f.png c-f-th.png d-th.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png

If there is a free boost somewhere now is the time to use it.

XP spent

Clone Pilot Tree purchased, Fire Support, 2 Grit, another Skilled Jockey and High-G Training. +1 rank Vigilance, Melee

For the Clanker Killer Talent: can we rename it and designate another target to fit the era? Whatever works for the campaign.

3 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

XP spent

Clone Pilot Tree purchased, Fire Support, 2 Grit, another Skilled Jockey and High-G Training. +1 rank Vigilance, Melee

For the Clanker Killer Talent: can we rename it and designate another target to fit the era? Whatever works for the campaign.

Well, you did just fight some droids... :P

7 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Bind (Opposed Discipline.) : 1eP+3eA+3eC+1eD+2eF 1 threat, 3 Dark Side
p-s-a.png a--.png a-s-a.png a-a.png c-th-th.png c-f.png c-f-th.png d-th.png f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png
If there is a free boost somewhere now is the time to use it.

Yes. Adversary 2 would not apply, but I would flip Destiny to Upgrade once, so opposing check would be 3eD+1eC.

The roll should have been 1 red, 3 purple. You may re-roll the 2 reds next to the purple.

Oops lol

Actual difficulty : 2eD 2 failures
d-f.png d-f.png

Ok so no results at all just 3 Darkside. Unless there is a free floating boost it’s a fail.

15 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

You can choose Rebel Killer or Pirate Killer. Rebels would include any organized seditious elements, Pirates any organized criminal elements.

13 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Well, you did just fight some droids... :P

I’m going to throw in Clanker Killer as a bonus, specifically limited to ID9 seeker droids.

17 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Ok so no results at all just 3 Darkside. Unless there is a free floating boost it’s a fail.

There are unresolved Advantage from the minion stormtrooper attack, which I suppose could pass onto you. Go ahead and roll 1 Boost die.

Edited by Edgehawk

Stormtrooper Boost : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png

Nice, do I need to spend DP to get the FP or do I count as a Darkside Force User for this game?

14 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Stormtrooper Boost : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png
Nice, do I need to spend DP to get the FP or do I count as a Darkside Force User for this game?

Ok. So the PQ is immobilized until the end of your next turn. With Veitra, I was just using the standard “use light side pips or flip for dark side.” Let’s stick with that for now. Bind activation here requires 2 pips (basic and range), which will incur 2 Strain, but also inflict 2 Wounds past Soak on the PQ. You may choose to suffer a 3rd Strain to inflict an additional Wound, for the 3rd pip, at a cost of an additional Strain.

5 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Ok. So the PQ is immobilized until the end of your next turn. With Veitra, I was just using the standard “use light side pips or flip for dark side.” Let’s stick with that for now. Bind activation here requires 2 pips (basic and range), which will incur 2 Strain, but also inflict 2 Wounds past Soak on the PQ. You may choose to suffer a 3rd Strain to inflict an additional Wound, for the 3rd pip, at a cost of an additional Strain.

So the inquisitor is doing this from the crawl space or did he cut his way out from above the hangar, plummet down and then do this? I'm super fuzzy here.

I was under the impression the inquisitor was in the a crawl space above the aft hangar, presumably furthest away?

Edited by CloudyLemonade92

Never mind, just found this:

"you moved forward in the crawl space previously, you are now over the hangar. 2 Maneuvers can open a hatch or cut through, then drop down, placing Drogos at Medium range from PQ. It would be close enough to attempt a social check, if you lack any ranged capability"

How far is that drop?

2 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

So the inquisitor is doing this from the crawl space or did he cut his way out from above the hangar, plummet down and then do this? I'm super fuzzy here.

Drogos and Evon are in the crawl space over the hangar. I told @Shlambate that he could drop down into the hangar at an expenditure of 2 Maneuvers, narrating it as either cutting through or using a hatch.

Ok flip the DP and spend all three FP, I’m a bloody inquisitor I need to be dark side lol. Also 3 damage Through soak is nice.

6 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

How far is that drop?

Ha! Nothing I can’t hand-wave, apparently. @Shlambate can “use the force” but maybe @Rimsen will use a hatch with a drop-down ladder to save me from my lapse.

Edited by Edgehawk
1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Ha! Nothing I can’t hand-wave, apparently.

Alright