Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

1 minute ago, bsmith23 said:

Ok. Did one just to try it. You can't paste results, I assume?

Nope, not as far as I know.

Do we need any check to reach the engine room? Before we reach it, i'd like to listen to the room, if anyone is stationed there. I guess, vigilance?

12 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Val @CloudyLemonade92 and Evon @Rimsen would both know that the Armory is located forward, on the main deck. Val would also know that the lounge along the way is full of pirates, maybe 10 or so. @Shlambate

To Val's knowledge, would there be anyway to reach the armory without passing through that area?

5 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Do we need any check to reach the engine room? Before we reach it, i'd like to listen to the room, if anyone is stationed there. I guess, vigilance?

Perception or Vigilance. Val would know there were only a few engineers packed into the yacht for the raid, a couple Ugnaughts, but also a Wookiee. Edit to add: Avg check w/ 1 Setback for normal engine room noises.

5 hours ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

To Val's knowledge, would there be anyway to reach the armory without passing through that area?

Crawlspace can get you there! Once you’re through the hatch, it will take 3 Maneuvers through Difficult Terrain (2x normal movement rate) to reach the armory.

Edited by Edgehawk
Difficulty

Precaution at the engine room : 3eA+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 2 threat
a-a.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png s-th.png

What's my threat gonna be? I post according to that. (I rolled Vigilance)

Edited by Rimsen
9 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Precaution at the engine room : 3eA+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 2 threat
a-a.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png s-th.png

What's my threat gonna be? I post according to that. (I rolled Vigilance)

Evon hears a single set of footsteps above the crawl space, in lower engineering. He also bangs his head on something, and his involuntary yell drowns out the cry from the hangar.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Evon hears a single set of footsteps above the crawl space, in lower engineering. He also bangs his head on something, and his involuntary yell drowns out the cry from the hangar.

How far am i from the nearest exit? I'd leave the crawl ASAP

Initiative?

To clarify, when I put it in brackets ( "[Like this!]" ) Hale is speaking on comms and is silent to the outside world. (whether that's sound-proofing as I've been treating it in my Mando campaigns or just speaking softly).

I'm not really trying to make a Coercion check, but if I need to, can I use the Z-6's Coercion stat of 5? :D

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
1 hour ago, Rimsen said:

How far am i from the nearest exit? I'd leave the crawl ASAP

2 Maneuvers (short range, but double cost for difficult terrain).

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Initiative?

Yes. Everyone may roll skill of choice. Boss fight! I am not sure how I am going to work Duty in, moving forward; don’t think I’ve pulled off individual duties, when triggered, so may take a more narrative approach in future. I believe everyone has bonus Strain for Briar’s duty being triggered? Keep it, but I’m going to trigger the task force’s duty in general- this is the mission! 2 bonus to wound threshold until the encounter resolves.

58 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

To clarify, when I put it in brackets ( "[Like this!]" ) Hale is speaking on comms and is silent to the outside world. (whether that's sound-proofing as I've been treating it in my Mando campaigns or just speaking softly).

I'm not really trying to make a Coercion check, but if I need to, can I use the Z-6's Coercion stat of 5? :D

Venlana’s Leadership check delayed any immediate violence, it seems, though your Z-6 will certainly help keep the (relative) peace, if that’s what you’re going for.

3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Yes. Everyone may roll skill of choice. Boss fight!

Initiative: Initiative : 1eP+1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
p-a.png a-s.png

I'm not going to use Rapid Reaction, because that would put me too close to passing out. It's been a while since we reduced Strain, any opportunities for that? (now may not be thematically appropriate, but it's been a while)

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It's been a while since we reduced Strain, any opportunities for that? (now may not be thematically appropriate, but it's been a while)

Everyone may recover up to 3 Strain, as needed, effective now. You guys have been taxed pretty hard, and should be feeling it, but I’ll give back a few.

Intiative (Warfare) : 2eP+2eA 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-a.png a-s.png

Apparently Briar (unlike me) was ready for this, I think that is my best initiative roll yet.

Vigilance : 4eA 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png

So how does this work with Evon and I nowhere near the queen?

Do I get to take advantage of strain recovery and Initiative not being there?

34 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

So how does this work with Evon and I nowhere near the queen?

Queen is in the main hangar, just forward of the aft bay where the troopers were being held.

26 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Do I get to take advantage of strain recovery and Initiative not being there?

Go ahead.

So how many maneuvers would it be from each of our respective positions to reach the hanger?

6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Queen is in the main hangar, just forward of the aft bay where the troopers were being held.

But we are in Engineering with the wookiee? or are we not there yet?

Oh man! **** hit the fan!

Val, Den and the Troops are still in the Aft Bay. Val is gonna try and command them into the main Hangar and hes going right in.

Ill roll cool if that's ok.

http:// Cool Check : 4eA 4 successes, 4 advantage a-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png

Woo! Check that out. I'd like to dual wield my Vibrocutlass and Whip. Whip in offhand for now. He'll get as far as he can in.

Edited by CloudyLemonade92

Also, apologies for slow posting. Had to finish preparing and GMing my home game yesterday.

Initiative:

Vigilance : 3eA 1 success, 3 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png a-a-a.png

So what do we know about the rumble around us?

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So how many maneuvers would it be from each of our respective positions to reach the hanger?

• Bridge to stairwell = Medium
  • 02 deck down stairs to lower deck = 4 Maneuvers
  • 02 deck pole slide to lower deck = 2 Maneuvers edit to add: Hard Athletics
  • Crawl space back to Aft bay = 2 maneuvers
Edited by Edgehawk
9 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

So what do we know about the rumble around us?

Not much yet, but if the stealth part of the objective is effectively over, you could just tune in on the open imperial channel with the rest of the task force.

@Rimsen @Shlambate Make an Average Perception check.